Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Steve Cooper - New Manager

21 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

steve cooper loves youth …. signs bdr to block the pathway for mavididi. Signs ayew to block the pathway for fatawu and alves. 

Signs skipp to block the pathway for braybrooke. 

This feels like a sabotage and like when a club hires a big sam … maybe that’s what he wants to become 

Mavididi =Youth! 

22 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

steve cooper loves youth …. signs bdr to block the pathway for mavididi. Signs ayew to block the pathway for fatawu and alves. 

This feels like a sabotage and like when a club hires a big sam … maybe that’s what he wants to become 

And if you just signed young players (you must agree we need players?) either their path or the other players paths are blocked.

Or... it's a squad and they'll all play during the season. 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

He's got one singular goal this season.... survive.

Now, there's no evidence to suggest giving Braybrooke and Alves 38 premier league games would result in us getting relegated BUT, the manager has decided it might be an idea to use players who have gone through these battles before to keep us up this year.

That presents an opportunity to get Braybrooke and Alves out on loan for a year, something neither have had the chance to do.

I don't think in a million years this would be Steve Coopers preferred long term method, I just think he's decided it's the only way we're staying up this year.

I also said in another thread that I actually think Managers who have earned their stripes youth coaching are probably LESS likely to promote players quickly, because they know exactly what it requires for a player to be ready.

• Like 1

Already looking like that 15-20 minutes we were really good against Spurs was probably more of Spurs being Spursy than us improving

The tactics (if you can even call them that) are shocking

We created nothing after we scored

• Like 2

What i dislike the most about him is the way he evaluates players. How has he come in and decided to sit Ricardo Pereira of all players on the bench? Why have we signed BDR and Ayew? Skipp look OK (maybe?) but £20 million pounds for him is ludicrous. Okoli an unused option on the bench already. Ben Nelson and Will Alves not being given a sniff. It's all just so terrible.

• Like 4