Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Steve Cooper - New Manager

We've appointed the cheap option and then spent tens of millions bringing in bang average cloggers with his precious Premier League experience. What's the point?

Like Rodgers in 22/23, he might not have been dealt the ideal hand but that's no excuse to play it poorly. It is so jarring going from last season, having a team who visibly knew and bought into exactly what their manager wanted them to do, to this. Everything on and off the pitch feels so aimless.

• Like 1

Bizarre thing is I heard as we were getting cooper he was meant to be great at developing the younger players, yet... we're signing geriatrics, and he has seemingly decided Nelson / Braybrooke / Alves aren't even worth a look at? Buena coming off today for us to revert to 3 holding midfielders, would throwing Alves on to push for an equaliser really have been any worse? 

Guess I'm just dissapointed, I thought if nothing else this season we'd have some young up and coming talent to look at, some hope for the future in place of doom and gloom, and the way it looks now we're settling for a season with PL has beens Ayew and Bobby DCR

Just now, chapero82 said:

He has no game plan and does not use the best players

The game plan bit was the issue I had with his appointment. The forest home game where we thrashed them, they just let us play. We had 2 pretty open chances at their place too.

Very confusing lack of tactics and refusal to start our best players (Mavididi & Pereira in particular).

Two goals & 1 point out of nothing so far.

Hope we start to see some sort of identity creeping in, but being so far behind such a basic team today was sickening... 🙏

This bloke's going to end up on the pantheon of the most clueless idiots we've had on the touchline and he's still managed more shots on target in one away game than Rodgers was managing in a month in the last 2 seasons.

I said before the game, Ward on the bench is a horrible red flag. Literally no manager in football would let a semi pro level keeper near the squad. 

Soumare, red flag. 

Freezing out Ricky. Red Flag. 

Playing the woeful BDCR. Red flag. 

Dropping Mavididi, red flag. 

It's extremely worrying. Upsetting almost.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Collymore said:

He needs to go. This isn't going to get any better. Not felt this angry about a manager so soon after signing since.... Well since ever.

He's absolutely the pits. 

It's like there's no game plan and he's just tells the players to just get on the pitch and do your own thing 

• Like 1

I said before the game leaving Ricardo out is putting a target on his back.

I have some sympathy for him, we've failed miserably to give him goals, but also he seems obsessed with players that run alot rather than footballers.

But there's no real style or tactical approach, it's got "just stay in the game if possible" vibes and we look like a team that feel we don't belong and aren't good enough. 

Got to keep the faith we can add some goals or we have no chance no matter who is in charge.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BigGibbo said:

Very confusing lack of tactics and refusal to start our best players (Mavididi & Pereira in particular).

Two goals & 1 point out of nothing so far.

Hope we start to see some sort of identity creeping in, but being so far behind such a basic team today was sickening... 🙏

I mean this is harsh.

Set piece goals are as important as any. It takes the build up play to win the corner initially.

And what about the goal on Monday was out of nothing? It was good play to win the ball back, ball out to VK, it was a great low cross from him and then a perfect ball from Fatawu to Vardy.

Yes, we might have had a lot of shots against us and not been dominant, but to say the goals are from nowhere it way off, for me anyway!