Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Steve Cooper - New Manager

Just now, don_danbury said:

wouldnt consider fulham that hard. more like a bang average pl side

What?? The same Fulham that beat arsenal at home last season 

I wouldn't put unfair expectations on this team .. it isn't going to help anyone 

• Like 2

Completely disagreed with this appointment and still do. Nothing has changed. The worrying part is that there isn’t even anything to cling on to and build on. Completely what I expected, not even feeling annoyed about it. 😂

Seems to me he’s trying mix his style with Enzo’s previously and coming up with this shit.

Theres no cohesion no patterns and no attacking intent. He’s hell bent on premier league experience which we had in abundance already.

The players are just looking round at each other and arguing which is a terrible sign.

Lets see what happens in the transfer market, maybe a couple of attacking players will help us but the warning signs are there already. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, don_danbury said:

wouldnt consider fulham that hard. more like a bang average pl side

Fulham are an extremely solid team, especially at home. The gap is so big now between the promoted sides and the rest, with the possible exception of Everton. Even Forest should be comfortably safe. 

3 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

The state of this thread.

Embarrassing. 

I think it depends how you feel about the appointment. I disagreed with it to begin with and still feel the same. Happy for him to change my opinion though

• Like 1

Just now, DezFox said:

Completely disagreed with this appointment and still do. Nothing has changed. The worrying part is that there isn’t even anything to cling on to and build on. Completely what I expected, not even feeling annoyed about it. 😂

I can’t see any tactical logic for not playing Ricardo, Mav and moving Ndidi all around the pitch and expecting to be creative or bringing Soumare on up top.  

I’m sure radio Leicester will be too scared to ask any probing questions and will be full of milquetoast critiques. 

• Like 1

Just now, Collymore said:

Why don't you offer a counter argument then? I'm sure people would love to hear why he's the right man and all the great things he's doing. 

Ok fair point... but equally so....share your ideas who you think would have been the right man for the job? 

6 minutes ago, mod hero said:

Seems to me he’s trying mix his style with Enzo’s previously and coming up with this shit.

Theres no cohesion no patterns and no attacking intent. He’s hell bent on premier league experience which we had in abundance already.

The players are just looking round at each other and arguing which is a terrible sign.

Let’s see what happens in the transfer market, maybe a couple of attacking players will help us but the warning signs are there already. 

Prem experience but not ability. Reid and Ndidi are done.  Ayew will be a shit house but we need energy around him. 

Too slow out the back making the same mistakes. Vestagaard and Faes were much better last week when they were just concentrating on defending, not controlling the pace of the attacks. 

5 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

The state of this thread.

Embarrassing. 

To be fair the state of the performance was embarrassing. We've gone from a team with a plan to literally no idea.

Everyone knows this season will be difficult but the fact there is no plan, style or threat and signing 30 yr old + who don't improve us people rightly have a voice to disapprove. 

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, em9999 said:

What?? The same Fulham that beat arsenal at home last season 

I wouldn't put unfair expectations on this team .. it isn't going to help anyone 

fair enough they beat arsenal. i'd still consideer them a average side. their home form last season was bang in the middle and they finished 14th.

It worries me that he thinks Kristiansen is the answer at left back and Ricardo isn't good enough to get into the side. He either buys a new starting left back or plays Justin there. The style football being played is dogshit as well.

5 minutes ago, LCFCJohn said:

I mean this is harsh.

Set piece goals are as important as any. It takes the build up play to win the corner initially.

And what about the goal on Monday was out of nothing? It was good play to win the ball back, ball out to VK, it was a great low cross from him and then a perfect ball from Fatawu to Vardy.

Yes, we might have had a lot of shots against us and not been dominant, but to say the goals are from nowhere it way off, for me anyway!

Both goals have come against the run of play and have been our only real chances. Not something you can see has been created out of our style of play or a clear tactical advantage, just individual quality, bad defending and Johnny on the spot type stuff.

Like I say hopefully we start to see an identity form, but today was worryingly passive.

To give him some credit there has been an improvement on set pieces so far and our heads haven't dropped quite as easily as they would have under Rodgers.

• Like 2

Im not sure what peipple are/were expecting?

We got 1 point in our first 7 games in tbe Premier league. 

Why would people think it's going to be any easier this time round with a weaker squad? 

Life is a journey .

Being a Leicester fan is a bumby road ..rough .smooth. highs. Lows. But realism is key.

He's had 2 games! 

• Like 2

Cooper is an awful appointment and I still think he will be gone after 15 games or so unless we see a marked improvement in tactics and desire 

that said for now even the naysayers like me will get behind him and the team and hope he proves us all wrong 

9 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

Im not sure what peipple are/were expecting?

We got 1 point in our first 7 games in tbe Premier league. 

Why would people think it's going to be any easier this time round with a weaker squad? 

Life is a journey .

Being a Leicester fan is a bumby road ..rough .smooth. highs. Lows. But realism is key.

He's had 2 games! 

I'm not sure we will fair any better in our first 7 games this time round