Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Steve Cooper - New Manager

The board deserves all the flack for appointing Cooper, he’s not good enough. The deed is done though and I don’t think our survival hopes are going to change with the pending points deduction. The sooner the club is sold the better.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Vestan Pance said:

Absolute utter delusion over where we are as a club. I think you'll find that Cooper was one of the few that would take the job on. This club is in a huge mess because of the way it is run. Bargain basement players, bargain basement manager, and the same can be said of those running the show. Those managers were never coming here, it's not 2018.

Its going to take some years for the fans to adjust I think, I get the impression they think our ownership and squad, structure etc, is still top tier, and they will blame managers for a while, last season masked issues because of the sheer differential in our squad vs most of the rest of the championship.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Vestan Pance said:

Absolute utter delusion over where we are as a club. I think you'll find that Cooper was one of the few that would take the job on. This club is in a huge mess because of the way it is run. Bargain basement players, bargain basement manager, and the same can be said of those running the show. Those managers were never coming here, it's not 2018.

Cooper is crap mate, we could have appointed someone better.

Corberan, Moyes , even Rafa would hands down be better than Cooper.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Vestan Pance said:

Bargain basement players

We've just paid 10m fee and wages package for a 44 year old Ayew..more money than anyone in the world would pay for him, even Saudi FFS. 

15m on a centre half that isn't good enough to play. And we let another centre half worth 15m walk for free this season.

Another 4m on wages for a new Ryan Bertrand 

29m spunked. More than enough money to make a fist of this. We've just chosen not to. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

I am sure there is better managers, but would have they joined under the current Top and Rudkin regime?  Not sure.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

Moyes will end up being our manager by the time the season finishes. 

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

I do wonder how many years it will take to click with the majority of the fan base where the problems really lie.

I wish our fan base would wake up....what is it with Leicester fans that they won't protest and just take it. Half the fans nowadays just go to watch games for a day out and if their team loses.....it's oh will give it a go in the next game carry on carry on

6 minutes ago, Mark said:

If we’d signed and played these players last season we wouldn’t have got out the championship that I’m fairly certain of, so why are supposedly knowledgable people approving them now. Even when Cooper goes we’ll be stuck with his good appearance record players

......Agent Cooper 🤑

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Getting rid of Cooper fixes nothing, 

We have the worst owner in the premier league who is flanked by the worst executives you can find. Argue with a wall if you can’t see that now. Any manager who comes in will have expectations of and we fall significantly below. Nothing changes until Top is hounded out, 

staying in the premier league is crucial we could be well in the shitter this time round in the championship.

I know it’s early but we cannot afford to give Cooper 10 games by then the Damage could well and truly be done. But doesn’t take away for the board’s failings. The club needs to be sold.

• Like 1

Our transfer business has been poor, so far we've wasted £45 million on 3 back-ups when it's been obvious from last season we desperately need a striker to help Vardy.

Buonanotte is a good loan, and BDR is ok as a backup on a free but should not start.

IMO we should have spent £45 million on a striker.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, trooky said:

Our transfer business has been poor, so far we've wasted £45 million on 3 back-ups when it's been obvious from last season we desperately need a striker to help Vardy.

Buonanotte is a good loan, and BDR is ok as a backup on a free but should not start.

IMO we should have spent £45 million on a striker.

A striker who commands that sort of fee and wages is beyond what we can do at the moment, and that sort of deal is why we’re in this mess. We can’t afford for a deal like that to not work, and then we’re lumbered with a player on high wages who we can’t move on - sound familiar?!

We need to get back to what we used to do, and what Brighton do now - buy and develop potential with resale value.

• Like 1

@Stadtmentioned at the time of his appointment, he’s not principally an attacking manager. Due to the likely points deductions, we are going to need plus 40+, that means wins. 

Yeah if we got a point yesterday, fair play but there needs to be a progression in how we play. I didn’t think we were that bad yesterday but I also thought we looked like a plucky cup team at times too 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Daggers said:

Nothing will ever change while you continue to give King Power your money.

Eventually that penny will drop.

I have to say , sadly I have reached that situation, I have not renewed my membership and I wlll not be attending any games this season until the either the regime wakes up, smells the coffee and make significant changes to how the club is managed and how it treats the fans, or until we have new ownership. 

It shouldn’t have to come to this, but I can no longer support Rudkin and Top for their footballing decisions and as for the commercial strategy well again it’s no longer something I can buy into. We are a mess. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, CosbehFox said:

@Stadtmentioned at the time of his appointment, he’s not principally an attacking manager. Due to the likely points deductions, we are going to need plus 40+, that means wins. 

Yeah if we got a point yesterday, fair play but there needs to be a progression in how we play. I didn’t think we were that bad yesterday but I also thought we looked like a plucky cup team at times too 

The appointment beggars belief, couldn’t be further from what Enzo was building, we had a chance to attract a young upcoming manager with at least a coherent tactical plan, with a willingness to buy into our recruitment strategy and work with the players Glover and his team had identified, yes of course there would be tweaks, but with Cooper it seems to have completely derailed our summer and set us back big time. 

His desire for premier league experience has meant our recruitment has looked scattergun and not aligned, his style of play has led to players like Riccy P sidelined and I really cannot describe what our style is. 

2nd half vs Spurs for 30 minutes we looked like a team who if we get in teams faces we can hurt them. However most concerning for me is that aside from those 30 or so minutes, including pre season we have looked timid, lacking energy and intensity and incapable of stringing 2 passes together. And this is with a squad who largely spent last season dictating games with 60-70% possession. The drop off in confidence and capability in such a short space of time is not only shocking it’s bloody alarming as well. The promotion feel good factor should still be alive and well, we should be firing on all cylinders. Three halves out of four so far this season have been played as though it was February/March and we are playing with fear.

He has installed this mentality and tactical approach and that is why I cannot see him

being successful and why I was so against his appointment in the first place. 

• Like 1

With our highly likely points deduction we were always very likely to be relegated this season. Cooper’s appointment just reeks of the board happy to tread water for a year and destroys most of the feel-good factor of last year. The signings of BDCR and Ayew do very little to future-proof the club and the team value has decreased drastically from a few years back. That heads haven’t rolled at board level is a damning indictment of Top’s leadership. 

We should have brought in a progressive manager who was willing to take the game to teams, rather than sit back passively allowing teams onto us. We should have looked to get players in whose potential ceiling was higher than some of our ‘established’ signings and who were bought as much for a Championship challenge next year as a dogfight this year. I’m really concerned that we’ll be relegated this year, confidence and atmosphere will be hugely negative and our decent players will want out. 

• Like 1

It's quite shocking how far we've regressed as a team since Cooper has taken over. £40mil spent this summer and we are a weaker team than we were in the championship. It just feels like we've bought into the trap that many promoted teams buy into that mediocre players with PL experience are required to stay up.

The best teams from the championship that stay up in recent years maintain the best players from the promotion side (I.e. Mavididi, Ricardo) and add foreign talent in the positions where they are weaker. Is there any team that has added the equivalent to Reid and Ayew and managed to stay up?

• Like 2

8 hours ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

......Agent Cooper 🤑

Exactly. Championship's top scorer from last season, Smozics went for 9M. Brereton Diaz scored more goals then Ayew in less then half the games last season, younger and only went for 7M. Why did we opt for Bobby and Ayew, because Cooper has an obsession with PL experience. He's the driver for this policy of getting over the hill 30 somethings. Top and Rudkin are incompetent, most know that, but now they've also hired an incompetent manager. He said he watched all our games from last season, but somehow came to the conclusion that Ricky P isn't good enough, was he watching our games blindfolded?

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

A striker who commands that sort of fee and wages is beyond what we can do at the moment, and that sort of deal is why we’re in this mess. We can’t afford for a deal like that to not work, and then we’re lumbered with a player on high wages who we can’t move on - sound familiar?!

We need to get back to what we used to do, and what Brighton do now - buy and develop potential with resale value.

I totally disagree with that, we spent £45 million on 3 players with 3 wages. 

With that money and wages we could have got a starting striker  who scores 15 goals and gives us a chance of staying in the division.

Any striker scoring 15 has a resale value.

Anyway we've not done what you said either.

We've over paid on Skipp and we're not going to sell for more than we've paid.

Ayew will leave on a fee and Okoli was only £12 million but will have to play in order to increase his value.

Goals keep you in the division and at present this squad won't score enough.

• Like 1