Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Steve Cooper - New Manager

Just now, Filberts lovechild said:

Sounds like we’ve gone down the cheap / accept our relegation fate route. The only positive is that he might turn us around in the Championship & he cost us nothing.

Our club is honestly in the mud, how no one at the top has taken accountability is the most staggering thing.

Really looking forward to that great atmosphere against Spurs 😒

I don't think the club sees it this way at all. They want to stay up at all costs and have recruited Cooper because he managed that at Forest. It's nothing to do with preparing for relegation again.

Reminder that if you don't think this is a masterstroke appointment then you are not a TRUE FAN and must report to King Power HQ for mandatory re-education (they strap you down Clockwork Orange style to watch 24 hours of Top playing polo and force feed you donuts)

• Haha 2

For all the publicity this has generated and of course the forest Leicester rivalry, I will back him whilst he is our manager.  Realistically who could we have got?  Rumours of points deductions, no money, having to sell your better players etc.

We need to back him.

Afterall, at least it's not Bruce, Lampard, Gerrard, Rooney or Solskaer.

It could have been.

• Like 2

This seems to be a bottom of the barrel appointment. Someone that won't give the board too much grief, no ego and was probably cheap.

It's not one that enthuses me, far from it, but then who on earth would want that job anyway?

It's shit, but it's our shit!

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

That is an absolute joke. The fact that Cooper has gone along with putting his name on that piece of corporate drivel is not a good sign.

That was what I have been saying since the Potter talks fell through.

Cooper was happy to publicly not question Forest and their mad owner at any time, Enzo rightfully called out Top/Rudkin and co about the set up above…..Cooper is just buzzing to be back in work, no other PL vacancies went his way (there have been a few, Brighton/West Ham etc).

Worried about how this is going to pan out personally.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

I do find it quite funny that seemingly even the club aren’t happy with him lol

https://www.lcfc.com/news/4041544/leicester-city-appoint-steve-cooper-as-first-team-manager?lang=en

Leicester City Football Club can today confirm the appointment of Steve Cooper as our new First Team Manager ahead of the 2024/25 Premier League season.

https://www.lcfc.com/news/amp/3540588

Leicester City Football Club is delighted to announce the appointment of Enzo Maresca as our new First Team Manager.

https://www.lcfc.com/news/amp/3145724

Leicester City Football Club is pleased to announce the appointment of Dean Smith as the Club’s First Team Manager until the end of the 2022/23 season.

https://www.lcfc.com/news/1071274/brendan-rodgers-named-leicester-city-manager/press-release?lang=en

Leicester City Football Club is delighted to confirm the appointment of Brendan Rodgers as its new First Team Manager.

https://www.lcfc.com/news/500930/leicester-city-confirm-claude-puel-as-first-team-manager/press-release?lang=en

Leicester City are delighted to announce the appointment of Claude Puel as the Club’s new First Team Manager.

They were even "pleased" the announce the ticket price hike...but not this weirdly!

10 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Corberan was heavily linked. Would have been a much more inspiring appointment. 

Potter also closely linked but sounds like Rudkin didn't want to relinquish control over transfers. Potter has a better record in the PL than Cooper does... 

Potter had the backing of Brighton who are a well run club.

Cooper had the backing of Forest and their crackpot owner.

Potter had multiple elite level players at his disposal, world cup winner McAllister, PL record transfer Caicedo, Pascal Gross, Lewis Dunk, Ben White, Lamptey, Cucurella, Lallana, Trossard etc just to finish 15th, 16th and 9th. 

Cooper had Morgan Gibbs White and Brennan Johnson,  otherwise he had a load of players who arent good enough to get decent results with.

Edited by honeybradger
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

It's the same people saying it is my point. They will back any decision the club makes 

My thought was the opposite, those who were backing Rodgers to the end, they then booed Smith's team on the pitch chanting things like "we lost the ball" (which clearly showed they are pro tika taka), and then thought Enzo was a god, and I expect they absolutely hate this appointment.

Whats interesting about Cooper, is whilst he is pragmatic, he can have his teams play a degree of possession based football.  Which leaves me wondering how we will setup in the first game, We dont have what I think is a winnable home game until September, but Spurs early on they might not be at their best.

Edited by Chrysalis
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, Greg2607 said:

As some people have said, there were a number of Forest fans that were sad to see him go. 

From my understanding of it, he certainly galvanised the fan base and had the players working hard. 

Given the state of our squad this year, we are going to want to see a bit of fire and brimstone in our performances. Players running through walls for the team and "hopefully" being more than the sum of their parts. 

Fingers crossed he can bring a bit of this to the team.  If he doesn't then I suspect he will pay the price for it. 

We have to accept that we are starting again as a club. the last 10 years can be chalked up to history now and we have to build a competitive squad all over again. 

this is what being a Leicester fan is right?? 

My neighbour is a Forest fan he likes him. He was well thought of by many inside the club, but the owner was a proper nutty geezer.

I wish cooper nothing but the best I've always wanted the best for my home city my birthplace my home ... 

But it's too much of a stretch to start lying to myself and my son that I think everything is gonna be ok and it's the right appointment 

So no thankyou 

I really hope he comes in and does well for us. A lot of negativity and underwhelmed responses and I get it, but I think he could be what we need for our siege mentality next season. It would be funny to see how FOrest fans respond if he ends up doing well and finishing above Forest as well.

Just now, nick6666 said:

I wish cooper nothing but the best I've always wanted the best for my home city my birthplace my home ... 

But it's too much of a stretch to start lying to myself and my son that I think everything is gonna be ok and it's the right appointment 

So no thankyou 

You could have given us your assistant at Arsenal :thumbup:

6 minutes ago, RYM said:

This seems to be a bottom of the barrel appointment. Someone that won't give the board too much grief, no ego and was probably cheap.

It's not one that enthuses me, far from it, but then who on earth would want that job anyway?

It's shit, but it's our shit!

There would be a lot of managers that would want the job, but Rudkin has gone for the cheapest, easiest option available.

The statement about money not being a issue and to continue the vision was a load of bollox

Edited by whoareyaaa

21 minutes ago, Scotch said:

You having a laugh? He set the side up the same way in every game, regardless of who it was against and played the same way regardless of whether or not it was working. 

Forest completely altered their style of play at the start of last season then changed back when it didn't work hahah