Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Steve Cooper - New Manager

1 hour ago, georgelcfc34 said:

We literally have 1 more point than expected after these 2 games 🙈 Has anyone looked at there squads compared to ours. Fulham should be pushing for europa league places

How do we get to 40 points, Jon?

1 hour ago, georgelcfc34 said:

We literally have 1 more point than expected after these 2 games 🙈 Has anyone looked at there squads compared to ours. Fulham should be pushing for europa league places

1 more than who expected? 

13 hours ago, winteriscoming said:

The saving grace for us could be having 2 international break’s within a few weeks at the start of the season. 

Well I suppose at least we can't lose during them nor do we have to watch his terrible style of football. Other than that I'm not sure I see a positive.

7 hours ago, Muzzy_no7 said:

I suggested Moyes from the start.

He’d have come with Mckinlay and Nolan too amongst other, better coaching staff than our current setup. 

Corberan would’ve brought a clear playing style and ability to mix it up with formations as he proved with WBA.

Moyes made it quite clear in his public statements that he was looking to take a break from management at that time. 

57 minutes ago, Phenom said:

How do we get to 40 points, Jon?

I foresee a total 7 point deduction. 31 points will probably be enough to survive. So we need 37 more points in 36 games. Win 9 games, 10 draws and lose 17. Completely possible and achievable. 

14 hours ago, whoareyaaa said:

Coberan would have at least got the players on side, Cooper has no chance imo and 3 of the 5 signings are terrible

I wonder if Cooper has the players on side... What must the new signings think... What have I done??? 

4 hours ago, Ashley said:

We did go all out for Potter. We couldn't agree a compensation package with him/his team. 

Realistically would you really want him around with that mentality? 

Yes I would because he’s hands down better than Cooper , even if that’s means if a top 6 club comes calling and he’s off to them as per any contract agreed if a club of that stature comes in for him.

37 minutes ago, georgelcfc34 said:

I foresee a total 7 point deduction. 31 points will probably be enough to survive. So we need 37 more points in 36 games. Win 9 games, 10 draws and lose 17. Completely possible and achievable. 

Personally I think 31 points will see us relegated I think we will need like 34/35 as a minimum which will mean us accruing 41/42 points. My concern is given the mentality of trying not to get beat rather than trying to win games, we will struggle to secure the necessary wins to get us anywhere near. 

Given Coopers mentality to date I can see us drawing a lot and struggling to get more than 25 points but this is just my personal opinion and as my lad reminded me yesterday I am terribly negative this season 😂

• Like 3

2 hours ago, georgelcfc34 said:

Where do you see 9 wins coming from? 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

14 minutes ago, sylofox said:

Let's just flood the clubs emails with sack Rudkin emails.

One a day every day from us all.

But no abuse threats or swearing.

They already get so many that any emails containing sack Rudkin or Rudkin out automatically goes into Spam

2 hours ago, georgelcfc34 said:

So we need to win a quarter of our matches and draw another quarter. A tall order imho.

7 minutes ago, Bilo said:

Where do you see 9 wins coming from? 

It’s a long season! Luton won 6 and drew 8 last season. (26 points) with a squad that is mid table quality in the championship. 
Confidence is a lot in football - only takes 2 wins on the trot and you can be flying and suddenly get 10 points out of 12. 
Not every team in this league is as good as Spurs and Fulham You know !

4 hours ago, georgelcfc34 said:

I think that’s a bit of a stretch.

Chelsea, United, Villa, West Ham, Brighton, Newcastle have better squads and know they won’t finish above Man City, Arsenal and likely Liverpool.

Also, on the day they were distinctly average and we didn’t create a proper chance after we scored.

59 minutes ago, georgelcfc34 said:

Anyway - things will be a lot more positive on here by the Aston Villa game.

Im led to believe that there could be 3 or 4 more incomings this week. With 2 out the door on loan. 

You really think that's going to make us feel better?

To me that makes our shit situation far worse. We will still with a pts deduction struggle to stay up whoever comes in. We will again have a bloated squad most of which we will never play. Players we can't shift but still have to pay. We will bust psr/ffp again. Then when relegated bust psr/ffp next season.

I would like to say I'm glad you don't run our club.

But Jon just do the manly thing and FVCK OFF you are killing our club.

3 minutes ago, SafewayFox said:

I think that’s a bit of a stretch.

Chelsea, United, Villa, West Ham, Brighton, Newcastle have better squads and know they won’t finish above Man City, Arsenal and likely Liverpool.

Also, on the day they were distinctly average and we didn’t create a proper chance after we scored.

I don’t know. I think they have a good a team as Newcastle and West Ham in my opinion.

Another thing to look at is how often we are playing a team who is in Europe the game directly after they play midweek. Often has a big impact. I don’t have time currently to have a look but I imagine we will have a few of them.