Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Steve Cooper - New Manager

6 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

And add another manager salary on top, yep cheap 

while it's technically true, this is exactly the argument that kept Rodgers in power long enough to undo a decade of progress. it's being penny-wise but pound foolish. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

while it's technically true, this is exactly the argument that kept Rodgers in power long enough to undo a decade of progress. it's being penny-wise but pound foolish. 

A vicious circle.

the knock on effect of the Rodger’s sacking is the PSR breach which we are yet to see the points deduction. 

4 hours ago, Fox1norfolk said:

Probably already lost the dressing room !

If faes has said he wants out due to lack of signing u can bet there are others , and I can’t believe Cooper has started Reid , he has been terrible, u can’t keep playing players who don’t do anything to help the team 

• Like 2

On 25/08/2024 at 07:59, Pliskin said:

Most fans on here are well aware where the problem lies…. But is that going to change? No……

Some things that have really irritated me so far has been this bizarre acceptance amongst some fans that this is how things should be, and a complete dismissal of last season because it was the championship……

Last season just highlights Cooper was the wrong choice, forget the negatives towards the end of the season, and opinions of some of Enzo’s tactical visions and his stubbornness, I had many concerns myself if he was the right choice to take us into this season, and I think many do…… however, we should not do his time here a disservice by just dismissing it, you have to look at the situation in context……… a surprise relegation, a completely rudderless club with no leadership, and Enzo came in and instantly changed all of this. He set an instant direction for the club, there was a clear identity and a clear philosophy, which is what we needed. Without any of these things we would not have gone up, the recruitment was good last season and it seemed we were back on track.

We don’t really know what went on in the recruitment process for the new manager, but Cooper definitely wasn’t the number one choice I think it’s fair to say…. It all seems like it’s a fall back option, and we’re operating like that…. The recruitment has been poor, the pre season preparations poor, and there seemingly appears to be no plan and no idea…… this is a polar opposite to last season. 

This is what worries me, you don’t get time to adapt at this level, and it appears Cooper is struggling to get this team to adapt at the moment. Spurs was a hopeful performance, but yesterday just undid any of that good work because we just looked clueless and lost. Iwobi’s goal was just gobsmacking, to concede a goal like that at this level was just poor. It’s a worry, because it need not be like this. There is talent in this team, but at the moment it’s not being utilised. 

At the moment, I can’t see how things improve especially with the likes of Jordan Ayew and BDR getting into the squad. 

I think you made your mind up the moment he signed, there is no way you have rationally come to this conclusion after 2 games.

I cant think of any other occasion in our history where so many people have been so desperate to get a manager out after two games, its either tippy tappy football love in, or some weird anti forest thing.

Enzo football would be getting us nowhere, you need to let it go.  Also you speak of him as some kind of mastermind, the squad needed to have their own meeting to get us over the line last season.  The majority of games we wasnt dominant, and was quite lucky in a lot of games.

As to all the recruitment stuff, why are you blaming this on cooper? If anything it should be giving the manager sympathy with the conditions he is working under but instead you are blaming him for the clubs internal problems.

We dont need one stubborn football ideology, we need pragmatism.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Doctor said:

Rodgers, had a poor run that lasted over a season, its very different to two games.

You proposing we become Watford?

Also have you explained yet why you blame Cooper for the football clubs recruitment and planning problems?

Edited by Chrysalis

7 hours ago, Fox1norfolk said:

Seeing players arguing during a game is a major concern, did not happen last season. Even Wicks stated it was the most enjoyable football of his career. I don’t think Cooper was not the manager the players wanted and it’s started to show.

Players did argue on the pitch last season and multiple times, people see what they want to see when they have made their minds up.

On 24/08/2024 at 17:35, The whole world smiles said:

We would look absolutely mental if we sacked a manager a week into the season having not backed him in the transfer window it would effect our ability to bring in managerial talent for years! I can't believe people are seriously discussing it.

This post probably explains the logic of the posts really, we would look mental because it would be.

I remember predicting a couple of weeks back, the forum would blame Cooper for the downfall of the club, however I never expected people to be calling for his head after 2 games, the fan base has lost it.  It seems it isnt just Top thats delusional but a bunch of supporters as well.  What are people expecting?

Edited by Chrysalis

Despite the negatives so far in fairness it has only been 2 games. Even for me, that is not long enough to start calling for him to be sacked. Of course I also share some of the same concerns and him not picking Ricky is an example but he is the manager and he needs to stamp his authority. I hope it is just that and what he was really saying is that he wants Ricky to submit and work harder his way. If it is a case of not recognising talent then it does not inspire confidence at all. I am not saying not to give comments, and as some of you know I do and we all do very well at FT, but perhaps let’s give him and the team more time and a proper chance to make something work. I believe we still have a team that can finish mid table if managed properly.

Edited by Tom12345

5 hours ago, Chrysalis said:

Rodgers, had a poor run that lasted over a season, its very different to two games.

You proposing we become Watford?

Also have you explained yet why you blame Cooper for the football clubs recruitment and planning problems?

I'm proposing we fix mistakes when they become obvious, rather than letting things fester. 

The signings of Ayew and BDCR aside I don't blame Cooper for recruits and planning, I want him sacked because he can't set up a team for shit and is tactically inept.

• Like 1

I know I’m in the minority that would pull the trigger now on him, however if we haven’t got a win by the end of September, the stadium will be hostile.

The bloke needs to help himself. 

11 hours ago, Fox1norfolk said:

He does not seem to know what he doing, the players certainly do not. What a mess the Board have created 

To be fair, they didn't quite 'create' Maresca's departure. Though they likely did sway his decision.

Edited by shen

6 minutes ago, shen said:

To be fair, they didn't quite 'create' Maresca's departure. Though they likely did sway his decision.

Enzo has gone from one basket case club, to another. 

The difference being one signs players he likely wants and will offer him a massive payoff at some point in the next 18 months most likely. 

7 minutes ago, Gazza M said:

If a 1-1 draw at home to Spurs and a narrow away defeat 2-1 at Fulham is a stackable offence then Fuch me you are a tough crowd to please. 

Whilst I see your point, they were only narrow defeats in scoreline terms only. In performance it was a different story. If the results had been 6-1 and 3-0 nobody could have complained. 

• Like 1