Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Steve Cooper - New Manager

Waiting Patiently for the conspiracy theorists to come on and say Steve Cooper has come to us to completely Fuch us up and send us back down in Embarrassment for his Florist mates !

Really hoping tho he can sort us out get us playing decent football like most of the 2nd half against the Spuds, get some more signings in before the end of the Window but tho it wouldn’t be Leicester without us going to the wire !!

8 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

Does anyone genuinely have any idea how he wants us to play based on the first 3 games? 

It’s like they’re not coached. I don’t see the patterns of play. 

Dominated the ball today but was a league 2 side

11 minutes ago, Nolucklcfc said:

Literally just won 4-0 

Couple of long rangers and a soft penalty aside I’m just genuinely intrigued as to how he wants us to play. 

I’m here to be enlightened if I’m missing something obvious? 

Edited by Stevosevic
  • Like 4

19 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

Couple of long rangers and a soft penalty aside I’m just genuinely intrigued as to how he wants us to play. 

I’m here to be enlightened if I’m missing something obvious? 

With that amount of possession and dominance, It was probably just fluid. 

58 minutes ago, Nolucklcfc said:

Literally just won 4-0 

from two long rangers and a penalty, against a midtable league two team. there doesn't seem to be a clear strategy still on how we're going to create chances it's fair to say

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stevosevic said:

Does anyone genuinely have any idea how he wants us to play based on the first 3 games? 

Could see the assymetric ricardo/mcateer combo trying to isolate Mavididi on the far side, with faes playing a bit more centrally perhaps because he moaned about it to the papers. Skipp/Winks as double pivots with Ndidi dropping back to make a 3 man central midfield during defense. General offensive pattern seemed to be to create space on the left hand side. It seemed Tranmere tried to stretch the pitch quite significantly in the first half to try and isolate Thomas - much like the way Fulham targetted Ndidi, Tranmere identified Thomas as a weak point. In offense Ndidi did his prime messi impression, which sort of worked eventually. That's how I saw it from very close to the pitch in the Kop.

1 hour ago, Stevosevic said:

I get what you mean. We’ve smashed League 2 cloggers tonight 4-0 so it can skew whiff opinions, the difference in quality between the Prem teams and the rest is huge now. I agree we haven’t got clear ways of attacking, last season, under Enzo we practiced structured patterns of play and game scenarios over and over again. Cooper is different in that his training situations give open situations and the players aren’t on the same wave length at times because of the change. Sometimes we get static because it’s asking a lot for players to be creative and in sync when they are tired. 

Edited by GingerrrFox

9 minutes ago, LeePhilpottsBaldSpot said:

With seven academy graduates in the squad as well (five on the pitch).

Appreciate it was a lowly opposition, but I feel like the negativity on this place is so over the top.

People certainly have an agenda against cooper that’s for sure. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Nolucklcfc said:

Yep fair enough that’s your opinion but I’m not looking for any possible thing to smash the guy with. Especially after a 4-0 win …

I really fear he'll come a way from today thinking Skipp, Ndidi, Winks are going to be an attacking force. Worrying. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nolucklcfc said:

With that amount of possession and dominance, It was probably just fluid. 

that comment suggests you didn't go, the first half was pretty shite and as others have said, not sure what they are actually trying to do. almost as if the instructions are "go out and enjoy yourselves". we won, and that's a positive, and i said nothing negative during the game, but that first half was a million miles away from the standard we'll need saturday against villa

Moved from my usual seat opposite the dug out to behind it for today and one takeaway -

Cooper seemed pissed off at Stephy multiple times for taking risks. I was pretty deflated at that as it was necessary to move at the defense. I think that does tell us a bit about Cooper's expectations.