Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Steve Cooper - New Manager

14 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Also, we are also a newly promoted team with a manager that walked out and now have a new manager that has inherited this squad. Most teams in our position would be the same.

It’s just the lack of patience that I can’t understand. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Nolucklcfc said:

It’s just the lack of patience that I can’t understand. 

patience? what are you talking about? most of us haven't called for him to be gone, we're simply saying what we're currently seeing, simple as that

Just now, Nolucklcfc said:

Well yes probably it does if that’s what your saying 😂

you don't understand do you that there's a huge difference in going out with no instructions, and not understanding those instructions or be able to follow them through. not a zero sum game chum

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, guest123 said:

you don't understand do you that there's a huge difference in going out with no instructions, and not understanding those instructions or be able to follow them through. not a zero sum game chum

Righto mate, let’s hope for 3 points on Saturday regardless 👍

16 minutes ago, Nolucklcfc said:

Righto mate, let’s hope for 3 points on Saturday regardless 👍

that goes without saying, i always support my team and want them to win, and as i've posted numerous times, i want cooper to prove me wrong, balls in his court

• Like 1

7 hours ago, guest123 said:

Couple of points, not seen 1 single person slate him for being a former forest manager, and it’s weird it keeps being mentioned. 

ive also not heard anyone turn against him at any of the games yet and I doubt he’s bothered about reading here. There’s a small number of

posters that think he’s crap and want him sacked but the majority are commenting on what we/they have seen so far, and that can’t be changed

I'm not convinced he's the man for us but the fact he managed Forest doesn't matter at all. 

Our Premier League winning captain and one of our all time great managers were forest heroes.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

I'm not convinced he's the man for us but the fact he managed Forest doesn't matter at all. 

Our Premier League winning captain and one of our all time great managers were forest heroes.

Exactly, it’s weird it keeps being brought up when no one is actually saying it

19 hours ago, LeePhilpottsBaldSpot said:

With seven academy graduates in the squad as well (five on the pitch).

Appreciate it was a lowly opposition, but I feel like the negativity on this place is so over the top.

Hahahahahahahahaa that's like quoting every current player in our squad that we've signed at some point under the bracket of " new signings ".

7 academy players, of which Choudhury, Thomas and Iversen are all in their mid twenties and/or been established and around for years. 

McAteer is also established here, so this argument is extremely weak.

6 hours ago, filbertway said:

Spurs were well on top till we scored a goal from nowhere, think they had 2 or 3 good chances in the 10 minutes before we scored. Then they just mentally folded.

The momentum swing to me felt more like a product of us scoring than any tactical changes.

Agree, if Spurs had taken their chances the 2nd half would not have gone our way at all

6 hours ago, Richmondfox said:

I couldn’t see a clear strategy.

When they sat back Faes would do his kamikaze runs when a quick pass to Ricardo would be better to try and break down. Ricardo seemed reluctant to put a ball into a dangerous area. I would’ve thought that would be useful with a shithouse like Ayew. I’d like to see Fatawu and Ricardo running with the ball and attacking together. 

I did like how Skipp looked more progressive and wanted to get up the pitch quickly, shame it was to Ndidi in the attacking roll. No one would run into space to help out the wingers so Mav had to take everyone on or Kasey runs to the middle and overthinks so ends up doing nothing. He’s so much better around the box when he can just react. 

Hopefully the CBs stop with the walking football so high up, like against Fulham and get the ball to Skipp quickly. 

CBs can only walk

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, honeybradger said:

I am sure there are quite a few people on here like me who were content with the Cooper appointment as we thought he had 2 qualities that would work well for us:

1. Youth development - It's fair to say now that Cooper is not pro youth development. Ben Nelson is further from the first team than he was last season, with Okoli who might as well be a youth prospect being in front of him. Alves is now also behind Reid (who also might as well be a youth prospect based on his performances), Alves looked good against league 2 opposition, Reid has looked terrible against PL opposition. Is Alves better than Reid? We haven't seen enough of Alves to conclude that as Cooper barely played him in pre season. I think he is better than Reid though.

2. Pragmatism - Enzo got plenty of criticism from our fans for his lack of tactical inflexibility but at least his tactics allowed for our best players to be on the pitch. I would argue that Cooper has been even more tactically inflexible so far than Maresca was. He has benched one of our best, if not our best player in Ricardo Pea just because he is set on playing the RB as a centre back. If he wants to do well at this football club then he has to adjust his tactics to get Ricardo onto the pitch.

Now that we have more of a clear picture of what Cooper at Leicester looks like some of us are not liking what we see and personally for me so far it hasn't been about the performances which can change on a dime but the transfer strategy and his approach to our key players

Totally agree, especially with your first point!! 

7 minutes ago, murphy said:

I think your criticism is fair comment and I have concerns of my own.

My post wasn't intended to defend Cooper as such, or to say he is great, I would have preferred the West Brom guy, but the point I was making was that it seems to me that a lot of people have turned against him unfairly, far too soon and without giving him a proper chance.  It seems over the top sometimes.   Minds have been made up while he is, most likely, still in the process in putting his team together.  Sometimes on FT, an opinion snowballs into a bit of a feeding frenzy, a verdict is reached and passed down and people get swept along with it.

I'm not saying don't be critical, let's just have an open mind and give the bloke a chance.

A lot of people haven’t turned against him, we’re saying exactly what we’ve seen so far, and the majority of it has been crap. It’s as simple as that and down to him, alone, to sort that out

• Like 1

16 hours ago, guest123 said:

Come on.... seriously?

Even when its not directly acknowledged the undercurrent is detectable but I must admit I was surprised that I had to get to page three of this thread before someone called him "Forest Scvm" and someone else on the same page said "underwhelming and ex-Forest".

He is routinely and hilariously called 'Agent Cooper', cus, y'know he's a Forest man and all that.

I could scroll a few more pages, but life's too short.  Let's not try to pretend this anti-Forest thing is not a part of his lukewarm reception.

Edited by murphy

3 minutes ago, guest123 said:

A lot of people haven’t turned against him, we’re saying exactly what we’ve seen so far, and the majority of it has been crap. It’s as simple as that and down to him, alone, to sort that out

He's inherited a team that's not good enough.They stumbled over the line to get promoted once the others had worked them out.

Best case scenario,is 4th bottom.

We are budgeting for relegation with a profit.

The whole defence is nowhere near premier league standard. The midfielders and forwards are premier squad players at best.I'd like to see Pep or Klopp survive

With this lot.

If Cooper can keep us up he is an Elite Manager.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, cropstonfox said:

He's inherited a team that's not good enough.They stumbled over the line to get promoted once the others had worked them out.

Best case scenario,is 4th bottom.

We are budgeting for relegation with a profit.

The whole defence is nowhere near premier league standard. The midfielders and forwards are premier squad players at best.I'd like to see Pep or Klopp survive

With this lot.

If Cooper can keep us up he is an Elite Manager.

And what does any of your waffle alter what I’ve said? I. WANT. HIM. TO. SUCCEED.

5 minutes ago, murphy said:

Come on.... seriously?

Even when its not directly acknowledged the undercurrent is detectable but I must admit I was surprised that I had to get to page three of this thread before someone called him "Forest Scvm" and someone else on the same page said "underwhelming and ex-Forest".

I could scroll a few more pages, but life's too short.  Let’s not try to pretend this anti-Forest thing is not a part of his lukewarm reception.

So a couple of posts on a huge thread and you’ve made your mind up. There is no undercurrent at all, you been any games this season or mooched round the puns before? 

1 hour ago, guest123 said:

I don't know why people WOULD bring it up. It's usually seen as a positive isn't it? 

Arsenal LOVED they'd purchased Spurs' captain. It's getting one over them. 

2 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

I don't know why people WOULD bring it up. It's usually seen as a positive isn't it? 

Arsenal LOVED they'd purchased Spurs' captain. It's getting one over them. 

Think you’ve misunderstood, people defending cooper keep saying people are only slagging him because he’s been forest manager. Yet I’m still waiting to see anyone actually say that 

33 minutes ago, guest123 said:

Think you’ve misunderstood, people defending cooper keep saying people are only slagging him because he’s been forest manager. Yet I’m still waiting to see anyone actually say that 

Agreed, waffle aside, what I'm seeing  is several people not rating him for non-forest reasons.Such has delusional perception of our clubs current level, and also not appreciating his successful grounding

at Liverpool and Young England. 

Agree with you ,give him a chance to turn the club around.

3 minutes ago, cropstonfox said:

Agreed, waffle aside, what I'm seeing  is several people not rating him for non-forest reasons.Such has delusional perception of our clubs current level, and also not appreciating his successful grounding

and out of interest, how long do we give him to turn it around due to his successful grounding? this is purely out of interest, what is your time scale?

17 minutes ago, guest123 said:

and out of interest, how long do we give him to turn it around due to his successful grounding? this is purely out of interest, what is your time scale?

Personally, I would give him 18 months

Enough time to influence the academy

and overall club infrastructure. 

This could involve  relegation with a Championship reset if we suffer a points

deduction. 

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, cropstonfox said:

Personally, I would give him 18 months

Enough time to influence the academy

and overall club infrastructure. 

This could involve  relegation with a Championship reset if we suffer a points

deduction. 

i'm not biting at that lol

• Haha 2

54 minutes ago, cropstonfox said:

Is it ‘delusional’ to express concern over Forest’s away record in the PL under Cooper? Many would regard that as a legitimate reason to question his credentials. If he shows he’s learned from it and now has a much better understanding of how to set teams up away from home in the PL, great - we’ll all be happy. But if we prove to be as bad away as Forest were in 2022/23, we’ll need to act fast to avoid relegation. 

• Like 1