Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Steve Cooper - New Manager

49 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Imagine if we'd had Everton results!

This place would be in melt down.

Even the Ipswich result last night, what with this young, forward thinking manager and all these highly rated signings they have beaten us too...

If that was us, the cooper out thread would be at 90+ pages 

12 hours ago, ClaphamFox said:

Is it ‘delusional’ to express concern over Forest’s away record in the PL under Cooper? Many would regard that as a legitimate reason to question his credentials. If he shows he’s learned from it and now has a much better understanding of how to set teams up away from home in the PL, great - we’ll all be happy. But if we prove to be as bad away as Forest were in 2022/23, we’ll need to act fast to avoid relegation. 

The club is budgeting for relegation.

Changing the manager wouldnt change this.

It's not a bad thing.one step back two steps forward.

4 minutes ago, cropstonfox said:

The club is budgeting for relegation.

Changing the manager wouldnt change this.

It's not a bad thing.one step back two steps forward.

The club is not anticipating relegation. It's all very well saying 'one step back, two steps forwards' but reality isn't that simple. Getting relegated represents huge jeopardy - if things don't go to plan and you fail to get back up quickly, you can end up in obscurity for years.

If it looks like we're heading for relegation at the end of October, Cooper will be sacked.

1 minute ago, ClaphamFox said:

The club is not anticipating relegation. It's all very well saying 'one step back, two steps forwards' but reality isn't that simple. Getting relegated represents huge jeopardy - if things don't go to plan and you fail to get back up quickly, you can end up in obscurity for years.

If it looks like we're heading for relegation at the end of October, Cooper will be sacked.

I disagree...Cooper will prob take us down and then back up. What's the problem with sticking with your manager long term...I know Rogers was kept on to long but considering the success he had it was understandable. Chopping managers doesn't guarantee anything.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, dr.o.ball said:

I disagree...Cooper will prob take us down and then back up. What's the problem with sticking with your manager long term...I know Rogers was kept on to long but considering the success he had it was understandable. Chopping managers doesn't guarantee anything.

If a manager isn't good enough, there's a major problem in sticking with him. Cooper has been given the clear mandate that we have to survive this season. If we're bottom of the table at Halloween and there is no indication we'll get out of it, there is not a chance in hell Cooper will keep his job.

Edited by ClaphamFox

4 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

If a manager isn't good enough, there's a major problem in sticking with him. Cooper has been given the clear mandate that we have to survive this season. If we're bottom of the table at Halloween and there is no indication we'll get out of it, there is not a chance in hell Cooper will keep his job.

You're probably righter than me, we just don't seem to move managers on is all.

26 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

just look at the likes of stoke, bolton, sheff wednesday etc etc (the list is endless). find it bizarre that people assume we'll just bounce straight back up with a manager that took us down. plus you can be assured a lot of those quality players that hung around for 1 year of championship football won't be doing that again, no ricky p, winks, fatawu etc

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, dr.o.ball said:

You're probably righter than me, we just don't seem to move managers on is all.

In 2022/23 the club clearly believed Rodgers was too expensive to sack so they stuck with him and hoped for the best. When it became clear he was taking us down, they decided to swallow the cost and sack him. Unfortunately it was too late to save us - if they'd have acted a month or two earlier, we'd have probably survived.

I strongly suspect the club has ensured it would cost a lot less to sack Cooper.

Edited by ClaphamFox

On 29/08/2024 at 09:46, ClaphamFox said:

I see it that Cooper will play ugly football with limited plan but he will also get results and I don’t think these average signings are as bad as people make……I read the Palace forum and many posts praised Ayew ( forget the name ) and he was hard working and fairly decent player and disappointed with his departure.

i just think if we can remain in the bottom 3 but be in touching distance of getting safe by end of season that would be like competing for the title.

Its imperative we don’t get relegated as I worry we won’t  be back for years.

we just got to find a way to nullify and hope things click enough times to get some wins and draws and stay in touch.

• Like 3

So far based on our preseason and first two games, I can't spot any clear in-game tactics from Cooper - it all looks random. 

Credit to @StriderHiryu for the breakdowns and analyses, but I'm still scratching my head - can anyone spot a consistent approach? Any sign of a coherent playing style or system?

Maybe chaos is our best bet if we're in a relegation scrap?

Edited by Mike1983
  • Like 1