Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Steve Cooper - New Manager

1 minute ago, Mark said:

If he’s going to start Winks, Skipp and Ndidi with one of the wingers as Ayew or Reid every match which I fear it won’t be the points deduction that sends us down, you just can’t win games that way

If he’s doing it against lower half teams then I’ll complain. I don’t have too much of an issue with trying to get to 60 mins still in the game vs CL teams or those in that area of the table. Their excellent second goal today was very unfortunately timed for us really. 

Edited by FoxesWalk
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, Mark said:

If he’s going to start Winks, Skipp and Ndidi with one of the wingers as Ayew or Reid every match which I fear it won’t be the points deduction that sends us down, you just can’t win games that way

He shouldn't need telling this as a professional manager. Mind boggling.

Between terrible team selection and not changing a game early enough, hes been the main difference between a few more points already. I guess that's what you get with sub standard managers like him.

Just have to hope he can learn his lessons.

• Like 2

It is a little strange/concerning that the players hang back from him when he applauds the fans after the game, and do it separately afterwards. I’m pretty sure with Maresca everyone would go over together. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Will1981 said:

got the team showing more fight than in the Maresca and Rodgers years combined.

That famous Maresca side that was awful and didn’t win anything lol

• Like 1

After all of the carry on this summer...I can understand why fans are in a frustrated mindset. But I think it's a good time to step back and reflect. 

Today he hasn't got it wrong. Trying to keep the game tight and not let villa blow us a way is no bad thing. Some of the new signings look really good. I know people weren't excited by Skipp but he's got hustle and is robust ...it's something we needed. Okoli looks a good signing too. And I'm determined to enjoy Mads whilst he's with us because before long he'll be playing for someone else (Chelsea?!). 

Today we pushed a champions league qualifying team to the limit. Let's be clear .....not a team battling and ending up 5th....but an actual champions league qualifier. We are newly promoted with a bunch of new signings. These things take time but there is encouragement. Think about some of the toilet we saw turn up at the KP over the years that was newly promoted?! 

I have 2 thoughts from today's game....wilf is hard to watch! And Abdul has not started well at all. I remember a moment when Enzo dropped him because he was 'trying to shoot from everywhere'.....I think he is ready for a similar rocket.

• Like 3

He's a bit old school isn't he? 

I can imagine lots of running during the week and then Saturday comes. "Who ****in wants it lads?!" "Cross that white line and leave nothing out there!!".

The players seem on board to an extent, but I don't think there's much more going on tactically? If he's got a philosophy, I'm not sure what it is yet.

Giving him a pass until after the Everton, Bournemouth and Southampton games. Hopefully we are braver against those and he has just tried to keep it tight against Spurs and Villa who are top sides. We got a point from Spurs, could have won that and lost by a goal against a good villa side. Positives: We've managed to score against 2 of the best sides in the league when we have actually had a go and we are showing a lot of fight. Negatives: We need to be braver and can't have a 3 man midfield of Skipp, Winks & Ndidi in games we are trying to win. Cooper doesn't seem to be learning from his mistakes. Ricardo on his day is one of the best right backs in the league. Ndidi is not and will never be a number 10 in the Premier league. Let's hope we have a go in the winnable games and then there will be some visible method in the madness. If we line up against Everton with Skipp, Winks and Ndidi then we've made a huge mistake in Cooper. If he has a go in those games, we might just be fine with the new signings as the players are fighting. 

• Like 1

We went toe to toe with a Champions League  team.

The players were up for it.

Three good midfielders were the wrong balance.  One of the ams should have started.

Cooper could come good.

If you're Cooper out, you've gone too early. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, majaco said:

We went toe to toe with a Champions League  team.

The players were up for it.

Three good midfielders were the wrong balance.  One of the ams should have started.

Cooper could come good.

If you're Cooper out, you've gone too early. 

He’s crap , I have seen nothing from him that changes my mind, he’s out of his depth at this level.

• Like 1

No kneejerk reaction here. Said at the outset he was a really, really shit appointment. He's a gash Gareth Southgate.

I hope everyone who hated Maresca is now deliriously happy - this is what you wanted.

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

Mads 

Faes, Vestergaard, JJ 

Ricardo, Winks 

Fatawu, Bilal, Buonanotte, Mavididi 

Vardy 

Haven’t got the coaching nous to play that system now.

Out of possession who’s winning the ball back?

I wasn’t overly fussed about Enzo leaving as he seemed desperate to get out.

….but with the same ~£60m investment that Cooper has had I think we’d have stood a really good chance with him.

His style would be less tedious at this level as well… no teams will sit back against us. 

Cooper came across well at first, but he’s a miserable appointment. Complete and utter shit. I’ve seen enough already!

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

He’s crap , I have seen nothing from him that changes my mind, he’s out of his depth at this level.

Bit toxic.   

You might be right long term.  He's a football manager. 

I've been abroad for the start of the season;have read on FT how awful things are.  Watched the Tranmere highlights last night.  Saw some decent football 

Got to the match today.   The side is decent.  There is unity on the pitch.  Adjustments needed.  Mainly starting with an attacking midfielder.

In the stadium, crowd was behind the team.  On Foxes talk it's negativity central fro.keyboard warriors.

We're Leicester City as we have been in the five decades I've been following the team.  We're rebuilding.  There is obviously a strong chance that Cooper will fail.  But today I saw a team moving in the right direction. 

• Like 3