Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Steve Cooper - New Manager

2 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Mads 

Faes, Vestergaard, JJ 

Ricardo, Winks 

Fatawu, Bilal, Buonanotte, Mavididi 

Vardy 

this or a variation on it (I'd consider Okoli over Faes) is obviously our best team but more chance of seeing Soumare win the ballon D'or than that with Cooper in charge.

Starting to get to the stage where I can’t stand to mention his name. 

Problem I have, is I’m convinced he won’t last the season, so we’re going to prolong the inevitable… whereas there were some steady improvements today, his decisions in my opinions have cost us the chance to get two points on the board.

He has the international break to sort his formation out, lose to Palace and I’m calling for his head.

4 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Problem I have, is I’m convinced he won’t last the season, so we’re going to prolong the inevitable… whereas there were some steady improvements today, his decisions in my opinions have cost us the chance to get two points on the board.

He has the international break to sort his formation out, lose to Palace and I’m calling for his head.

Palace away will be a tough game. They are an underrated side. Eze, Guehi and Mateta would get in most sides. A draw away would be a decent result. Everton, Bournemouth and Southampton are the ones. We have to win 2 of those 3. If he starts those with a back 8 then he has to go. 

16 minutes ago, desertfox2 said:

Palace away will be a tough game. They are an underrated side. Eze, Guehi and Mateta would get in most sides. A draw away would be a decent result. Everton, Bournemouth and Southampton are the ones. We have to win 2 of those 3. If he starts those with a back 8 then he has to go. 

I actually think Palace are in trouble. They’ve sold their best players, and signed Nketiah who’s Bob. They will be down there definitely  in my opinion. 

1 hour ago, Pliskin said:

I actually think Palace are in trouble. They’ve sold their best players, and signed Nketiah who’s Bob. They will be down there definitely  in my opinion. 

yeah well done youve jinxed us, thank you very much, whack your bob on Nketiah to score now

10 hours ago, Pliskin said:

Palace is a must win game, we lose that he has to go imo.

• Haha 1

Folks really getting to the point of wanting him out after 3 games, 2 of which are against top 6 teams?

We havent got  hammered and have shown we arent miles away. Some decent glimpses.

Weve got loads of new players.

I assume hes still working out his team too, its different  in training  to actual match days. 

If we dont get a decent result against Ecerton then I might stsrt to worry but to call for his head now is just another absurd knee jerk reaction.

ALWAYS remember  how we treated MON when he came and THAT Sheff U match, let's not make the same mistake( Not saying he will be an MON!).

Also some comments about his looks etc are totally disrespectful.

It's not like us City fans are blessed in that department  when you walk around the ground.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Raj said:

Folks really getting to the point of wanting him out after 3 games, 2 of which are against top 6 teams?

We havent got  hammered and have shown we arent miles away. Some decent glimpses.

I assume hes still working out his team too, its different  in training  to actual match days. 

If we dont get a decent result against Ecerton then I might stsrt to worry but to call for his head now is just another absurd knee jerk reaction.

ALWAYS remember  how we treated MON when he came and THAT Sheff U match, let's not make the same mistake( Not saying he will be an MON!).

It's not like us City fans are blessed in that department  when you walk around the ground.

I never wanted him to be hired in the first place absolutely joke of an appointment haven’t seen anything to change my mind he’s a glorified championship manager, but is not competent enough at this level.

I don’t think he’s a bad guy he seems genuine but truth be told he’s not keeping us up. We would stand a chance if we hired someone like Potter.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

I never wanted him to be hired in the first place absolutely joke of an appointment haven’t seen anything to change my mind he’s a glorified championship manager, but is not competent enough at this level.

I don’t think he’s a bad guy he seems genuine but truth be told he’s not keeping us up. We would stand a chance if we hired someone like Potter.

You are just rearranging the same words in every post - we get it. Hope we see a more attacking evolution of his plan (first half) over the break, then let’s see how he does. 
Potter is a builder, he would not be an answer in this one shot season, but could have been a better longer term option imo.

I hope gradually this will become Cooper’s first team:

GK:

Mads

Defenders: (Right to Left)

Ricardo/Justin

Okoli

Coady/Faes

Justin/Kristiansen

Defensive pivots:

Winks  Skipp

Attacking Midfield:

Buonanotte/Fatawu  

El Khannouss/Buonanotte/Ndidi

Mavididi/Ayew

Forward:

Vardy

Notes re Ricardo:

If Fatawu plays on the right, Ricardo can draft inside often.

If Buonanotte plays on the right, Ricardo can stay out wide more as a winger.

Either way, Ricardo should start what Justin or Kristiansen playing on the left.

Guest Chocolate Teapot

Willing to give him a chance but blaming the ref yesterday just detracts from a crap team selection. He needs to take the handbrake off or were going down.

This side is actually good enough to stay up I think.

17 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Willing to give him a chance but blaming the ref yesterday just detracts from a crap team selection. He needs to take the handbrake off or were going down.

I agree. This is actually a decent team, and I properly realised this when we stood up and matched a champions league side even with all of the attacking talent on the bench. 

Cooper needs to like you say believe in this and take hand brake off. The blokes worked with some of the best talent this country has served up in recent years during his England tenure, so surely he’s got some ounce of tactical ability…….

I can stand to watch another manager mismanage a group of decent players and we needlessly end up being relegated again…. 

Cooper needs to quickly realise this over the break, stop pussy footing around and trust the squad. 

Edited by Pliskin

37 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

Afraid your living in the past.

We are LCFC of 2024 and we are were we are.

We ain't getting big name managers coming here or big name players.

Did you feel the same when Enzo was appointed?

Anyway, I'm not here to change opinions feel how you feel👍🏾

45 minutes ago, Raj said:

You're right, other than @Dr The Singh and myself we are a hideous fan base.  

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Raj said:

The 2 most popular choices were Corberan and Potter based off of this place, neither of which I would call a big name manager. People didn't want a big name, just someone who sparked a bit of excitement at least which is exactly what Enzo did 12 months ago. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

I think that’s the obvious problem isn’t it - he is scared to take the handbrake off in case we get a good hiding - he believes to be pragmatic and stay in the game for as long as possible is the way to play and that’s why the flair players are on the bench - there is some method in that madness but I don’t think it wins you enough games unfortunately- it does mean we probably won’t get slapped that often but on days like yesterday when Villa were bang average we should have had a bit more of a go - it’s a fine line - like all of us we can only hope he finds the balance and gets some more creativity in the side without leaving us wide open - we certainly have a few of those players available now 

for what it’s worth I thought skipp and ayew had decent games - skipp and winks should be the starting pair - he needs to find a way to shuffle the other 4 positions in front of those to give us a threat and a bit of quality without sacrificing the solid combative efforts we have seen - easier said than done - we are in games - it’s not been a disaster but he is thinking like a bottom 6 manager and if that’s the tactics every game we will probably end up with bottom 6 results 

like I said not easy though as he must believe we are wide open for humpings if we go at teams with the more flair players 

1 minute ago, Samilktray said:

The 2 most popular choices were Corberan and Potter based off of this place, neither of which I would call a big name manager. People didn't want a big name, just someone who sparked a bit of excitement at least which is exactly what Enzo did 12 months ago. 

....and within 2-3 months plenty of people were ready to chase him out of town for being boring, guess the practice has meant we can start early this time around.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Raj said:

This is one of those posts where it shows a lcfc showing no ambition. The ILK of Brendan Rodgers should never be sacked etc.

This is a type of supporter that is part of the problem equal to those of Rudkin and Wheelan.

Honestly I didn't know Carlos Corberán was a big name manager that we couldn't pick from the championship whilst winning the league.

You buy a amatuer manager expect amatuer results 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

He’s played some pretty turgid, uninspiring football so far, and way too negatively set up.

However… It’s commonly cited that the first job in management is to be defensively solid. I think he can put a tick in that box, we defend as a team and look solid.

Now the next stage of becoming more attacking and a bigger goal threat has to be implemented.

I’ve never been a huge fan of his appointment, but do think we have to give him 12 games

13 minutes ago, Fox85 said:

This is one of those posts where it shows a lcfc showing no ambition. The ILK of Brendan Rodgers should never be sacked etc.

This is a type of supporter that is part of the problem equal to those of Rudkin and Wheelan.

Honestly I didn't know Carlos Corberán was a big name manager that we couldn't pick from the championship whilst winning the league.

You buy a amatuer manager expect amatuer results 

What a fecking dumbass response!!!

You need to know somone or have read some posts prior to make a personal attack.

Dear god have a day off!

Enjoy your Sunday👍🏾

Edited by Raj
  • Like 1

Spurs should have been out of sight

Fulham didn't break into a sweat

Villa didn't play that well and were there was every chance of picking up something,  yesterday. 

Nice enough bloke and you feel they'll give him time with all the new additions,  and that's fair tbh.

But I think he's negative and , as a result,  we won't get anywhere near the points tally required,  even without the points deduction.

Potter wouldn't be interested,  I don't think,  but they should have pushed harder for Corberan or Moyes

• Thanks 1