Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Foxes96

Other Teams Transfers - Summer 2024

Villa doing some interesting business to get around PSR. Buying and selling players from Chelsea and Everton. The Douglas Luiz transfer to Juventus seems a bit strange though as he is class and would have thought they would get more money for him

Posted (edited)

Seems to be some odd moves going on in the rest of the Premier League… presumably to satisfy PSR rules with academy (pure profit) players moving between Villa, Everton and Chelsea

Maatsen - Chelsea to Villa £37m

Omari Kellyman (who?!) - Villa to Chelsea £19m 

Lewis Dobbin - Everton to Villa £10m

Tim Iroegbunam - Villa to Everton £9m

Also

Douglas Luiz - Villa to Juve €28m + Illing Junior + Enzo Barrenechea 

Michael Olise - Palace to Bayern £50m

Edited by Foxes96
To add X link
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Phenom said:

Let’s do the same! 

We genuinely should be doing that!

It seems to me like our stance is "**** it, let's take the penalty and see what happens." That's a big risk, because what if it's -10 or -12 points? It shouldn't be, but you can't say for certain.

That said it probably comes down to selling KDH to not fall foul of the rules and we don't want to do that. And I can respect that decision. I have to say I think it's insane that clubs are motivated to sell players they have developed and support the clubs they have been at for 10+ years just to stay compliant. It's the opposite of what the system should set out to do!

• Like 2

It is bullshit and there is a case of if you can't beat them join them if they can legitimately get away with it.  But you also need to have a willing participant to do it with.  And for us that might be difficult to find.  Other clubs won't do us the favour as it's against their interests, so you need someone else who is struggling to meet the requirements and for us that's Forest and Everton. Who may not be interested in doing it with us.

There's always Newcastle!

Surely this is just kicking the can down the road, hoping that psr fecks off. Coz if it doesn't surely the transfer costs are just going to keep spiralling and Chelsea won't have any more land to sell. 

Let's be honest though, it absolutely shows what a farce it is. Pl need to go back to the drawing board

14 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

We genuinely should be doing that!

It seems to me like our stance is "**** it, let's take the penalty and see what happens." That's a big risk, because what if it's -10 or -12 points? It shouldn't be, but you can't say for certain.

That said it probably comes down to selling KDH to not fall foul of the rules and we don't want to do that. And I can respect that decision. I have to say I think it's insane that clubs are motivated to sell players they have developed and support the clubs they have been at for 10+ years just to stay compliant. It's the opposite of what the system should set out to do!

But selling KDH now wouldn't prevent a points deduction for this season, it would prevent a future points deduction for if/when we get relegated back to the championship. Any points deductions for this season are from previous seasons psr failures so as far as I can see, we can't get round it. 

23 hours ago, Foxes96 said:

Seems to be some odd moves going on in the rest of the Premier League… presumably to satisfy PSR rules with academy (pure profit) players moving between Villa, Everton and Chelsea

Maatsen - Chelsea to Villa £37m

Omari Kellyman (who?!) - Villa to Chelsea £19m 

Lewis Dobbin - Everton to Villa 

Tim Iroegbunam - Villa to Everton £9m

Also

Douglas Luiz - Villa to Juve €20m + Illing Junior + Enzo Barrenechea 

Michael Olise - Palace to Bayern £50m

Maatsen to villa 37m

KDH is now worth 180m

Ffp PSR all sorted.

2 minutes ago, sylofox said:

Maatsen to villa 37m

KDH is now worth 180m

Ffp PSR all sorted.

KDH to Newcastle for £35m (pure profit) and Lonstaff moving the other way for £20m or so (pure profit for them) is the only way I could see us getting involved in this nonsense. 

Would solve our PSR concerns for 3 year period ending 2024. Although not sure either player would be particularly keen on the move 

8 hours ago, Foxes96 said:

KDH to Newcastle for £35m (pure profit) and Lonstaff moving the other way for £20m or so (pure profit for them) is the only way I could see us getting involved in this nonsense. 

Would solve our PSR concerns for 3 year period ending 2024. Although not sure either player would be particularly keen on the move 

That's is nothing to do with my point sorry.

On 23/06/2024 at 12:58, sylofox said:

Maatsen to villa 37m

KDH is now worth 180m

Ffp PSR all sorted.

Maatsen is a class player so not really sure what point you're making here? Dewsbury Hall is worth whatever a club is willing to pay, which right now wouldn't be more than £40m, and the only clubs that could afford that wouldn't want him. 

22 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

Maatsen is a class player so not really sure what point you're making here? Dewsbury Hall is worth whatever a club is willing to pay, which right now wouldn't be more than £40m, and the only clubs that could afford that wouldn't want him. 

Whoooosshhhhh.

You didn't see the joke in it.