Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Foxes96

Other Teams Transfers - Summer 2024

14 minutes ago, beastfootballx said:

the most under the radar transfer ive ever seen

and yet done in time for their game Vs us...what are we actually doing? They cannot think we've got a chance on Monday with the diabolical XI we are going to field!

38 minutes ago, beastfootballx said:

all of our relegation rivals strengthening

Strengthening with good players too. Either with international experience of coming in with form in the case of Szmodics.

Someone said this already on the forum, but I can see us having a similar episode to Arsenal when they got beaten 8-2 and then signed 4 players in a week as a result.

This is getting really depressing now. Players we should be going for going elsewhere. Szmodics, Broja and Archer for example. We should be going after these instead of the likes of Soule, Hzolek, Fotis etc. I really don't understand why we haven't tried to do this.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, chris2208 said:

This is getting really depressing now. Players we should be going for going elsewhere. Szmodics, Broja and Archer for example. We should be going after these instead of the likes of Soule, Hzolek, Fotis etc. I really don't understand why we haven't tried to do this.

I’m guessing we don’t rate them (and they’re not wasserman clients )

Edited by st albans fox
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, beastfootballx said:

all of our relegation rivals strengthening

We don't have any relegation rivals. We're rock bottom and miles adrift.. that's exactly how this seasons going to go, with or without a points deduction.

Personally, I think this late in the day we'll only pay over the odds, or bring in older rubbish like Ayew and be stuck with them for 3 years.

Just play the youth, take the money and drop down and come back again in 2 years stronger 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, FrankieADZ said:

Ipswich showing what happens when you have a decent director of sport(Dof basically)

Mark Ashton has put Jon "i dont know what Im doing" Rudkin to shame

I used to live a few doors down from mark when he was at Watford 

we had a ‘crescent Indian meal group’ 

nice fella - didn’t strike me as uber sharp but perhaps that reflects how grim mr Rudkin is !

• Like 1

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

I used to live a few doors down from mark when he was at Watford 

we had a ‘crescent Indian meal group’ 

nice fella - didn’t strike me as uber sharp but perhaps that reflects how grim mr Rudkin is !

tbf there was an ipswich video of him talking about ground redevelopment at Portman Road(well worth a watch tbf)

spoke well and actually felt more engaging than anything leicester has done in donkeys years

nearest we get is free beer and a cake

10 minutes ago, FrankieADZ said:

tbf there was an ipswich video of him talking about ground redevelopment at Portman Road(well worth a watch tbf)

spoke well and actually felt more engaging than anything leicester has done in donkeys years

10 minutes ago, FrankieADZ said:

Very concerning that Ipswich and Southampton are getting players in ,and the leicester board are faffing around ,I don't think anyone wants to come to Leicester, I'm not usually this pessimistic but relegation looks nailed on ,this is down to rudkin he is not interested, as long as he takes his pay packet every month he is happy ,time to get out of our club Rudkin

23 minutes ago, EastAnglianFox said:

The all time record low of 11 points is genuinely under threat here isn’t it?

I mean we’ve joked about it, but it really fvcking is

We'd need 18 points to beat that with a -6 point deduction - 6 wins over a season seems absolutely out of reach (we got 9 in our last relegation season, but the quality difference between that squad and this squad is night and day), but perhaps 3-4 wins at home against the other relegation candidates and a handful of draws across the season keeps us safe of that particular ignominy.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, EastAnglianFox said:

Honestly reckon we could see a double figures against aswell in a game. Hate being pessimistic about us, but this is the first year that I simply can't see any positives. Just need to take it as an opportunity to give the young lads minutes.

We've added Okoli and extended Vestergaards contract, and yet the defence seems weaker for it as its preventing us having space to actually bring in anyone decent. I'd rather had a proper look at Souttar until January.

Signed up Abdul which is good at least, but he was already here and added Bobby De Cordova Reid.. yet haven't replaced Kiernan so we appear to have no creativity up top.

Probably got the most defensive looking midfield options in the league but with no actual Premier league ability. We could play 3 holding midfielders and 4 at the back and still get pummelled.

Problem is it stems right from the very Top, need a full rebuild. Cooper works well with young players.. just instruct him to start at least 3 academy graduates every game to get experience (even if it's being battered) and sack the season off.

Hope I'm wrong and we survive but got to be realistic

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, FrankieADZ said:

Ipswich showing what happens when you have a decent director of sport(Dof basically)

Yeah I must begrudgingly admit Ashton seems to be doing a great job there. 

Maybe he has learnt from nearly bankrupting Bristol City by throwing out stupid contracts and high wages to rubbish players, so fair play to him.

1 hour ago, EastAnglianFox said:

Absolutely no chance man. I don't think people realise just how once in a blue moon that is. We are going to be horrific but we aren't getting less than 11 points.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FrankieADZ said:

It also helps when you have an inspirational manager as well