Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Foxes96

Other Teams Transfers - Summer 2024

2 hours ago, Royston. said:

Out with the dead wood, in with the new....dead wood:unsure:

Ridiculous amount of money for a 33 year old who scores a worldy once every 6 months isn't it. I bet their fans were laughing about having our pants down over Ayew, only to turn around and see Rob Edwards running off with their skidders

• Like 2

I think Townsend is a player we will eventually "have a go on"

He isn't quite far gone enough for us yet but he already has vast premier league experience at behemoths like Palace and Luton.

Not next season as he's too good:teehee: for the championship but maybe for the 26/27 season when we go back up:brendan:

9 hours ago, Simonb said:

Ridiculous amount of money for a 33 year old who scores a worldy once every 6 months isn't it. I bet their fans were laughing about having our pants down over Ayew, only to turn around and see Rob Edwards running off with their skidders

I thought he had left and was retired (again!)?

I presume its a joke/hoax.

Edited by Super_horns
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Looking over the last three windows is probably a fairer assessment as Brighton have made some big sales.  Over that period they are down -75m (peanuts compared to West Ham for example) and are probably confident they've got a couple of big profit sales next summer from one of the inevitable gems they have unearthed. 

Wages may become an issue as it did for us. 

Of course a couple of bad windows and things can change fast. 

57 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

I thought he had left and was retired (again!)?

I presume its a joke/hoax.

Hope so. I was trying to work out how he'd be valued at that price, especially with Barkley moving for less than half that. Probably missed the pun with regards to Ipswich buying up the whole of the championship I guess.

Lesson learnt, don't believe everything I read 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Simonb said:

Hope so. I was trying to work out how he'd be valued at that price, especially with Barkley moving for less than half that. Probably missed the pun with regards to Ipswich buying up the whole of the championship I guess.

Lesson learnt, don't believe everything I read 

Parody account 

10 minutes ago, Jabfox said:

Brighton are spending some money this window! 

Like Ipswich, Brighton are a likeable club imo.  They're doing everything we used to be good at and have built a really good team.  It's good to see a club that is traditionally second/third tier establishing themselves as a force in the PL.  

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, murphy said:

Like Ipswich, Brighton are a likeable club imo.  They're doing everything we used to be good at and have built a really good team.  It's good to see a club that is traditionally second/third tier establishing themselves as a force in the PL.  

completely agree ! 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, murphy said:

We often see comments like this about how this club, that club, are doing everything we used to be etc etc it’s usually about Brighton, Brentford, Bournemouth probably now add in Ipswich, but are they?

Take Brighton in their 7 seasons in the Premier Lge they have broke the top 10 just twice where as we broke it 5 times in the same period including 2 consecutive 5th place finishes, the other 2 times we were relegated and not played in the same division & they only got their 2nd top 10 in our relegation season, they didn’t even gain on us when we were out of the division.

When we were like Brighton we won the league, got to 1/4 finals of a Champions league regularly made top 10.

At some point thou a club needs to over extend and tweak the model if they really want to cement a constant threat for advancement on those top 6 positions & it seems contradictory to say it given the sentence I’ve just written, we did that prior to our top 5 seasons.
We held onto the players that we’d normally sell to keep the cycle of staying afloat in the premier league, we had already started to blow the wage brackets due to success rewarding and this was further blown by trying to keep the likes of Tielemans & such like we also employed a, like it or not, higher grade manager that was able to polish off what we had, we were rewarded with the 8th (highest position other than 15/16) & 2 top 5 places, also add in an fa cup (& community shield) but it was the start of the downfall because our income couldn’t match the outlay.

Brighton are around 2yrs behind us in the footballing cycle, they are now into their 8th premier season & are now trying to spend their way, currently €171m way over anything we spent, to advance that success of a 6th and 9th placing in 7yrs, their wage bill will be climbing & this is where as we know it all goes wrong but time will tell.

I know some would say I’d rather be in the league than yo-yo’ing or going bust but at the same time will knock clubs like Palace, Fulham, Wolves & Everton (weirdly Brighton, Bournemouth and Brentford are excused on this list) by saying “what have they achieved they are nothing clubs I’d rather have the 10yrs we have had….” ironically if we had marked time and continued in the same manner after the 16/17 season we would be bundled into that group of teams…which is it we want 🤷‍♂️ 

Edited by BKLFox

Lyon are signing Tanner Tessmann from Venezia (Serie B last season) for €6m, 22y/o centre mid/DM and he had one year left on his contract
If he's good enough for Lyon then is he the type of signing we should've been going for?
image.png.1cac9ed9d5a2affc53f0bd9c92f7bc86.png

4 hours ago, Bordersfox said:

Parody account 

Didn't even look at that 🤣

I think there has just been that many random links lately I just took it as gospel. Even though my first thought was.. that can't be real haha

• Haha 1