Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Foxes96

Other Teams Transfers - Summer 2024

Ipswich now after Jordan James. Should be all over that. There are some transfers that seem so obvious and don’t know we don’t do them. Hopefully we get another 30 year old proven premier league failure. 

Edited by DezFox

On 28/07/2024 at 12:44, Clarkey123 said:

He would’ve been a good addition for us, and a steal at £7mil. Not sure why we aren’t being mentioned as rivalling some of these deals.

Because we are not putting offers in?

23 hours ago, DezFox said:

Ipswich now after Jordan James. Should be all over that. There are some transfers that seem so obvious and don’t know we don’t do them. Hopefully we get another 30 year old proven premier league failure. 

I feel like this with so many Championship/League 1 players that we just don't seem to go for

Watkins, Eze, Olise, Bowen

Then this season Ronnie Edwards, Jacob Greaves

I will be astonished if Okoli ends up a better signing than either of those

• Like 2

1 minute ago, studentofthegame said:

I feel like this with so many Championship/League 1 players that we just don't seem to go for

I'm pretty sure we were after Bowen for a couple of years but never pushed hard enough/he chose West Ham. A proper signing and someone that was staring clubs in the face. Championship needs to be an area that we dip into more! Maguire, Maddison and even to an certain extent JJ who was league 1 when we signed him!

4 minutes ago, TheGoldenGod said:

I'm pretty sure we were after Bowen for a couple of years but never pushed hard enough/he chose West Ham. A proper signing and someone that was staring clubs in the face. Championship needs to be an area that we dip into more! Maguire, Maddison and even to an certain extent JJ who was league 1 when we signed him!

We decided to sign Perez instead of Bowen I believe.

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

It's sickening. Genuinely would rather we were still in the Championship making such signings.

This would be worse than the David Martinez and Fabricio Diaz one's as well, Zambrano is willing to go and play for Hull ffs 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, studentofthegame said:

Agree there are some diamonds in English teams outside the Prem, but tbf to the club we've done that well in the past (eg Maddison, Justin, Schmeichel, Vardy, etc).

While you list great players I’d absolutely sign with a time machine, there were plenty linked with similar profiles that I don't regret not signing (eg Josh Bowler, Nicky Maynard, Frazier Campbell).

Similarly, we've had bad experiences signing lower league prospects who flopped like DJ Campbell, Demarai Gray, and Matt Mills. Even Harry Souttar (maybe still too soon to judge!).

There's no guarantee they'll make the step up, and it's selective to focus only on the few that did.

On 29/07/2024 at 15:21, JimJams said:

Liverpool have turned down an offer of £11.8mill for Endo from Marseille.

Hopefully that supposed interest in Soumare is genuine and this works in our favour.

yeah we can send him there on loan and continue to pay him while he plays for someone else:brendan:

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Doesn't seem 5 minutes since people were bigging up Southampton summer business 22/23

In hindsight I think they picked up some good talent. Sold Lavia for 50 mill and I’m sure they have good young players that if sold will return a huge profit?