Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Foxes96

Other Teams Transfers - Summer 2024

3 minutes ago, adejo92 said:

I mean we were pretty fvcked with the points deduction.

Signings like De Cordova-Reid & Jordan Ayew just seal it.

They are championship signings.

Others could say they're 'safe' signings due to their respective experience in the league?..

8 minutes ago, adejo92 said:

I mean we were pretty fvcked with the points deduction.

Signings like De Cordova-Reid & Jordan Ayew just seal it.

They are championship signings.

Have we signed Ayew?

1 hour ago, DezFox said:

In hindsight I think they picked up some good talent. Sold Lavia for 50 mill and I’m sure they have good young players that if sold will return a huge profit? 

They spent 120m

Lavia cost them £19m so 31m profit, one of the few successes.

If you look at the other they will be lucky to make there money back, most struggled in the Championship or end up on loan and didn't set the world on alight.

18 hours ago, TheGoldenGod said:

I'm pretty sure we were after Bowen for a couple of years but never pushed hard enough/he chose West Ham. A proper signing and someone that was staring clubs in the face. Championship needs to be an area that we dip into more! Maguire, Maddison and even to a certain extent JJ who was league 1 when we signed him!

Wasn’t it alleged that Rudkin/Scouts deemed Bowen as “too slow”?

In our current model, he’s too young for us now and needs another 3/4 years to build up his PL experience 🙈

• Sad 1

Chelsea seem to have picked up a decent goalkeeper in Mike Penders. He looks like the sort of Gk that is comfortable with the ball at his feet and is capable of making a save.

Not sure if it’s been posted already but Palace apparently are about to sign Ismaila Sarr from Marseille for £12.5m.

Not sure what they paid Watford but he’s only 26 and that would have excited me a lot more than a bargain bin Ayew at 33 (in September).

• Like 2

When do we as fans try to make a collective point about the lack of speed in these dealings? Why does it take Jon and his merry band of people weeks to lug toward a 3 year deal for a 33 year old washed player? 

We used to be looked at as an organisation to emulate. Now we feel like we’re devoid of ideas and just get in our own way. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, SafewayFox said:

Not sure if it’s been posted already but Palace apparently are about to sign Ismaila Sarr from Marseille for £12.5m.

Not sure what they paid Watford but he’s only 26 and that would have excited me a lot more than a bargain bin Ayew at 33 (in September).

This is annoying we make room by taking Ayew so they can get Sarr at a low price.  Can't we just go for Sarr?

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

Obviously we were never going to sign him, but it’s still gutting that he’s probably going to West Ham. A few years ago we were probably a more attractive option…

Our demise will be documented in many business studies at universities in years to come, I genuinely believe it.

Look at how forward thinking we were with sports science, data led scouting (what made us take the plunge on Kante and probably many others) yet that was all done by Rodgers and Congerton with Rudkin acting like a little fan boy.

4 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

Obviously we were never going to sign him, but it’s still gutting that he’s probably going to West Ham. A few years ago we were probably a more attractive option…

Probably means we get Reiss Nelson

i think we've conceded we're going to get relegated before a ball is even kicked, likely due to te points deduction. Looks to me we've decided to take the years money and hope for the best.

It's a shame the club can't make a statement, but i guess there's not alot they can say without making matters worse.