Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Foxes96

Other Teams Transfers - Summer 2024

1 minute ago, South Shire Fox said:

Guehi to Newcastle for £65M and Sky Sports pannelists suggesting hes one of the best defenders in the world.. 😂. Jesus fcking christ

You could argue he probably is? Certainly one of the best in the Euros....but therein lies the problem. Football doesn't have many superstars anymore!

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, TheGoldenGod said:

You could argue he probably is? Certainly one of the best in the Euros....but therein lies the problem. Football doesn't have many superstars anymore!

Rudiger, Saliba, Van Dijk, Ruben Dias, Pepe.. Marc Guehi couldnt lace their boots. Average as they come

Edited by South Shire Fox
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, TheGoldenGod said:

Saliba 10 times than player he will ever dream to be 

65 million ridiculous 

10 minutes ago, South Shire Fox said:

Rudiger, Saliba, Van Dijk, Ruben Dias, Pepe.. Marc Guehi couldnt lace their boots. Average as they come

He is definitely better than a 67 year old Pepe and Van Dijk isnt the defender he once was. Guehi isnt average at all though regardless of whos better, that is a silly thing to say

• Like 3

Guehi will never reach the level or win the cups van dijk has 

Yes he's gone downhill slightly but one of the best cb's the premiership has ever seen .. 

Guehi over rate cuz he's English 

Simple 

Edited by em9999
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Samilktray said:

He is definitely better than a 67 year old Pepe and Van Dijk isnt the defender he once was. Guehi isnt average at all though regardless of whos better, that is a silly thing to say

Agreed, I think my comment has been misinterpreted somehow even though I thought it was pretty self-explanatory! In today's current market of CB's, and the performance in the Euros, Guehi is a quality player.

Not to mention the irony of people on this forum complaining about his price tag when we've sold £160m worth of CBs for Maguire and Fofana :D. Some introspection needed!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, em9999 said:

Saliba 10 times than player he will ever dream to be 

65 million ridiculous 

But Maguire went for £80m?

As Leicester fans we should understand more than anybody that the price of a player is dependent on the how much the selling club value him. 

Guehi is young, a top CB, and Palace don’t need to sell him. He’s just had a brilliant international tournament and hasn’t tried to force a move. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Samilktray said:

Doesnt matter how old he is, Pepe is still an absolute Rolls Royce of a player. Van Dijk is still streets a head even with his legs going. What makes Guehi a top defender? Looked uncomfortable on the ball and was at fault for a couple of goals at the Euros

Edited by South Shire Fox

I am so bloody jealous of West Ham getting Füllkrug. Love him as a player. 

Shame we have been so mismanaged, that its hard to get excited for anything these days. Time to find a youtube vid with highlights from 2015-2016 season again...

• Like 3

5 hours ago, em9999 said:

The Alverez price 

Confirms 

Football is done , for 81 million at least make your signings world class 

Wouldn't be surprised if this doesn't happen. It feels like a lot of noise and people testing the waters. 

It all feels very dodgy. 

Might just be me though. 

Seems like I'm wrong!

Edited by goose2010

On 06/08/2024 at 16:24, Jonezy said:

I am so bloody jealous of West Ham getting Füllkrug. Love him as a player. 

Shame we have been so mismanaged, that its hard to get excited for anything these days. Time to find a youtube vid with highlights from 2015-2016 season again...

I like him in the sense that he’s a big bugger. But he’s 31 and has only scored more than 15 league goals in a season twice in his career and only more than 10 five times. I think he’s decent and will be a ok signing but for me it’s not as amazing a transfer as lots seem to be making out. I think he’ll get fewer than 10 league goals this year. 

Edited by RumbleFox

1 hour ago, RumbleFox said:

I like him in the sense that he’s a big bugger. But he’s 31 and has only scored more than 15 league goals in a season twice in his career and only more than 10 five times. I think he’s decent and will be a ok signing but for me it’s not as amazing a transfer as lots seem to be making out. I think he’ll get fewer than 10 league goals this year. 

I just like how he has gotten his big breakthrough late in his career being a proper old school tank center forward. 

I am up for a bet though if you want. 10+ prem goals this season from Füllkrug and you donate 20£ to the forum, less than 10 prem goals and I will donate 20£ to the forum. And I will even pay up if his old injury woes come back to haunt him. Up for it? :) 

• Like 1