Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Foxes96

Other Teams Transfers - Summer 2024

18 hours ago, jayfox26 said:

Cant believe Sheff United sanctioned the deal to sign Archer for £18m with a buy back clause which has now seen him return to Villa for £14m. Madness. 

£4mill loan deal! Expensive but keeps safety in mind.

3 minutes ago, JimJams said:

£4mill loan deal! Expensive but keeps safety in mind.

Yeh hadn't seen it that way. Not sure why they didn't just loan him then with a buyout option if they stayed up. 

1 minute ago, jayfox26 said:

Yeh hadn't seen it that way. Not sure why they didn't just loan him then with a buyout option if they stayed up. 

Creative accounting? If Villa loaned him there'd have been nothing to note on the books I s'pose. This way they got an £18mill hit in the positive for last season, and have now a negative of £14mill, but spread out over 5 years cos it's a purchase.

Possibly. Maybe.

12 hours ago, JimJams said:

Creative accounting? If Villa loaned him there'd have been nothing to note on the books I s'pose. This way they got an £18mill hit in the positive for last season, and have now a negative of £14mill, but spread out over 5 years cos it's a purchase.

Possibly. Maybe.

Yeh Villa seem to be finding loopholes around ffp. Shame our powers that be can't do the same. 

3 hours ago, jayfox26 said:

Yeh Villa seem to be finding loopholes around ffp. Shame our powers that be can't do the same. 

Haha, we're sad our club can't find loopholes? Jesus wept, can football (PL in particular) get more unethical and farcical?

Screw our club and all the others if all this is an exercise in rule-breaking and constantly straddling the grey areas. 

What a load of horse manure that people are willing to support this kind of behaviour. Great example for future generations.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jayfox26 said:

If you read up, this is just kicking the can down the road (and creating and even bigger can in the process) so no, they are not being clever at all, they are just making a bigger problem in the future.

Betting on this whole cost management collapsing is very risky, as the rich clubs will not need to back any changes.

Hull fans stressing, big clubs sniffing around Philogene. Tufan going back to Turkiye apparently, and one in wouldn’t mind us looking at, Jacob Greaves being linked to Ipswich among others.

Edited by Jaspa

1 hour ago, Jaspa said:

Hull fans stressing, big clubs sniffing around Philogene. Tufan going back to Turkiye apparently, and one in wouldn’t mind us looking at, Jacob Greaves being linked to Ipswich among others.

Philogene is a special player. I know they are the same age, but he reminds me of where saka was at 2 or 3 years ago.  Could develop into a genuine top tier player 

1 hour ago, Lambert09 said:

Philogene is a special player. I know they are the same age, but he reminds me of where saka was at 2 or 3 years ago.  Could develop into a genuine top tier player 

Would have absolutely loved to have seen him end up here, I agree that he will play for a big club and Hull will get a sizeable fee for him when that happens. That could have been one where we looked to get back to the old model of signing players and selling for massive profits. A missed opportunity.

8 minutes ago, CaliFOXnia said:

Would have absolutely loved to have seen him end up here, I agree that he will play for a big club and Hull will get a sizeable fee for him when that happens. That could have been one where we looked to get back to the old model of signing players and selling for massive profits. A missed opportunity.

in fairness to us, fatawu is on exactly the same level. 

Picking up a villa youth player would not have gone down well on here lol

9 hours ago, shen said:

Haha, we're sad our club can't find loopholes? Jesus wept, can football (PL in particular) get more unethical and farcical?

Screw our club and all the others if all this is an exercise in rule-breaking and constantly straddling the grey areas. 

What a load of horse manure that people are willing to support this kind of behaviour. Great example for future generations.

The rules are a bag of shit anyway so what's even the point of them? All they do is stop smaller teams from competing. The only reason Chelsea are having to find loopholes is because they are so poorly run and have spent an obscene amount of money on crap players. Should we just roll over and accept our points deduction, get relegated, get another points deduction and go back to square one where we were before Pearson got us promoted? Do I agree with finding loopholes? No. Do I agree with the rules? No. Do I agree that we should just allow our club to fall back into championship mediocrity for years to come? No.

9 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

If you read up, this is just kicking the can down the road (and creating and even bigger can in the process) so no, they are not being clever at all, they are just making a bigger problem in the future.

Betting on this whole cost management collapsing is very risky, as the rich clubs will not need to back any changes.

Yeh i did think that they will find issues further down the road. It's as if they are gambling on being successful and earning more money further down the line, but it's a risky business. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

Yeh i did think that they will find issues further down the road. It's as if they are gambling on being successful and earning more money further down the line, but it's a risky business. 

Sounds a little familiar. lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, jayfox26 said:

The rules are a bag of shit anyway so what's even the point of them? All they do is stop smaller teams from competing. The only reason Chelsea are having to find loopholes is because they are so poorly run and have spent an obscene amount of money on crap players. Should we just roll over and accept our points deduction, get relegated, get another points deduction and go back to square one where we were before Pearson got us promoted? Do I agree with finding loopholes? No. Do I agree with the rules? No. Do I agree that we should just allow our club to fall back into championship mediocrity for years to come? No.

Wake up fella - we're already in the mire and being found guilty. This what-aboutism trend/culture is only going to make everyone miserable.

The rules suck even if the intention of them should be good. It's easy to blame the lawmakers, but it's deflecting focus from the mismanagement of clubs, ours in particular. 

We shouldn't be asking or wishing to find loopholes, we should be asking and demanding that our club lives within its means.

That is, after all, the entire premise of the PSR idea, even if this inherently makes competition unfair. But guess what - it always was and will continue to be. 

As fans should we really advocate for billionaire owners using long-established clubs as their toys (or more nefariously, for sports- and whitewashing)?

We are so extremely fortunate with the success we've had recently. The fans have really more than maxed out what could have been hoped for this club.

Maybe this whole PSR malarkey can be used as a wakeup call to fans to show them how badly their clubs are run and what risks this poses.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, shen said:

Wake up fella - we're already in the mire and being found guilty. This what-aboutism trend/culture is only going to make everyone miserable.

The rules suck even if the intention of them should be good. It's easy to blame the lawmakers, but it's deflecting focus from the mismanagement of clubs, ours in particular. 

We shouldn't be asking or wishing to find loopholes, we should be asking and demanding that our club lives within its means.

That is, after all, the entire premise of the PSR idea, even if this inherently makes competition unfair. But guess what - it always was and will continue to be. 

As fans should we really advocate for billionaire owners using long-established clubs as their toys (or more nefariously, for sports- and whitewashing)?

We are so extremely fortunate with the success we've had recently. The fans have really more than maxed out what could have been hoped for this club.

Maybe this whole PSR malarkey can be used as a wakeup call to fans to show them how badly their clubs are run and what risks this poses.

Yes I agree with what you're saying, we do need to lay blame at the people that run the club and as always it seems the failings will just be brushed under the carpet and carry on as we were. We have definitely over spent, especially with the wage bill and it could be years before we start to get right again, but the worry is, will we ever be right again, with the current people running the club? It's a shame as I doubt we'd be in this state if Vichai was still alive. 

47 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

Yes I agree with what you're saying, we do need to lay blame at the people that run the club and as always it seems the failings will just be brushed under the carpet and carry on as we were. We have definitely over spent, especially with the wage bill and it could be years before we start to get right again, but the worry is, will we ever be right again, with the current people running the club? It's a shame as I doubt we'd be in this state if Vichai was still alive. 

Probably not.

I too was naïve enough to yearn for Vichai, but most of the structure and culture of business was already in place then. He probably would've had the acumen to kick the can further down the road, but we were already well on our way to overspending systematically before his tragic demise.
They've done plenty of good for the club, but also brought some along questionable aspects and practices which needed to be whispered quietly for years because of the overwhelming success they've brought on the pitch and to the club stature.

The entire foundation of their wealth and the connections to the Thai royal family, the Thaksin Shinawatra scandal, the way we cheated financially on the way to promotion, the less-than-open attitude towards media or fan criticism etc. All these things and more have been red flags for a long time.

But to not further derail the thread, I'll stop there. 

I think PSR is being made to look utterly inefficient and too easy to circumvent. It's insane to think that the PL has grown exponentially in revenue over the past decades, yet most of the clubs are operating with huge and ever-growing debts. This is what happens when you don't strictly control and supervise the clubs.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

Brentford spending 35m on Archie Grey seems mad. He didn't look THAT good last season!! 

He's 18 years old.

Personally think Brentford have played a blinder. I think he goes all the way in his career.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

He's 18 years old.

Personally think Brentford have played a blinder. I think he goes all the way in his career.

Yeah I get that he is young but I don't see a 35m left back is going to improve Brentford, it's a huge chunk of their budget you would have thought. 

I hope he does well as it's an obvious position that England need to improve in.

Just don't think Brentford is the right move for him, they could easily be in the mix for relegation this year. 

1 minute ago, goose2010 said:

Yeah I get that he is young but I don't see a 35m left back is going to improve Brentford, it's a huge chunk of their budget you would have thought. 

I hope he does well as it's an obvious position that England need to improve in.

Just don't think Brentford is the right move for him, they could easily be in the mix for relegation this year. 

He's a centre midfielder.

Just now, goose2010 said:

He’s not a LB tho. Is more of a CM/ CAM by trade I believe. Played more RB for Leeds last year because needs must, but shows his versatility. Agree that he will go far, looks a very promising player at 18. 

Surprised he’s leaving Leeds though, did you know both his Dad and Grandad played for Leeds :ph34r: