Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Foxes96

Other Teams Transfers - Summer 2024

We're well and truly getting left behind, even looking at the money teams like Brighton and West Ham are spending compared to their transfer windows historically. I know our financial situation, it's just a comment on how far we've fallen. I gave us next to no chance to survive before the window but it's dire times.

2 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

Sheffield United had team spirit when they got promoted. 

Hutchinson and Greaves aren't bad signings, but they overpaid for Liam Delap, who I wouldn't have over any of our forwards, and Conor Townsend and Ben Johnson aren't going to keep them up. Ben Johnson is basically to West Ham what Luke Thomas is to us, and Conor Townsend (whilst he'll only be back-up to Davis) is honking. WBA fans couldn't believe he got a Prem move. 

Would you seriously be excited by Broja or Phillips? Broja isn't better than Vardy, nor Daka, and Phillips would be pointless for us with Wilf and Winks. 

Our squad is better than theirs is - they will really struggle against established Premier League sides. 

I take some of your points but would i swap there squad and manager for ours - i probably would and time will tell if I am a mug but the whole of this preseason has been a disaster and over the years of watching very infrequently does that not turn into the same outcome especially in the top division!

Just now, Old Fox said:

I take some of your points but would i swap there squad and manager for ours - i probably would and time will tell if I am a mug but the whole of this preseason has been a disaster and over the years of watching very infrequently does that not turn into the same outcome especially in the top division!

Manager, yes, squad, absolutely no. 

Have you actually seen their listed players? 

13 minutes ago, TheGoldenGod said:

We're well and truly getting left behind, even looking at the money teams like Brighton and West Ham are spending compared to their transfer windows historically. I know our financial situation, it's just a comment on how far we've fallen. I gave us next to no chance to survive before the window but it's dire times.

Yep we are truly in the pits as a club and no one seems to be accountable for the mess.

13 minutes ago, boosmanana said:

Evanilson to Bournemouth from Porto

Fair play to them. They have been well run for a for years now and that is a good signing. Comfortably better than anyone we have up front. 

• Like 2

When the likes of Bournemouth are splashing 40 million on a striker reality hits where we actually are. I know they have just got 65 for solanke but Jesus wished we could make signings like this! 

8 minutes ago, Sankey93 said:

When the likes of Bournemouth are splashing 40 million on a striker reality hits where we actually are. I know they have just got 65 for solanke but Jesus wished we could make signings like this! 

thanks the ****** in high positions at the club for the shambles we are in for that

3 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Surprised Brighton are meeting that release clause rather than just bidding 30m.

they must know Leeds need to sell 

Can only assume that they tried and Leeds decision to stick him on the bench last night forced them to go to the RC 

3 hours ago, foxfanazer said:

Exactly my thinking. £25-30m would've surely got that deal done and if not there must be better/cheaper options elsewhere. Seems very un Brighton like

The reports I’ve seen suggest Brighton had made previous bids that were rejected.

There’s also a suggestion the release clause has an expiry date to it.

I'm not too phased with Brighton splashing the cash - they're in their equivalent of our 2016-2021; they'll miss on a couple of transfers, get raided by the big boys and be back where they started. That's just the cycle of life for anybody not in the big 6.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, -sodapop said:

I'm not too phased with Brighton splashing the cash - they're in their equivalent of our 2016-2021; they'll miss on a couple of transfers, get raided by the big boys and be back where they started. That's just the cycle of life for anybody not in the big 6.

They do seem to be quite a bit better than most clubs at replacing anyone they lose though

Just now, Samilktray said:

They do seem to be quite a bit better than most clubs at replacing anyone they lose though

Then their scouting/recruitment team will get raided. I wish it weren't the case but short of a Newcastle type situation where you're owned by a petrostate, I think it's impossible for a smaller club to grow past outside chance at Europe for a few consecutive seasons.

1 hour ago, -sodapop said:

Then their scouting/recruitment team will get raided. I wish it weren't the case but short of a Newcastle type situation where you're owned by a petrostate, I think it's impossible for a smaller club to grow past outside chance at Europe for a few consecutive seasons.

The whole set up is how the owner wants it run though, they obviously have to get the right people in to execute it but it's unlikely they'll appoint someone who doesn't buy in to what they want.

Edited by Tommy Fresh

27 minutes ago, LCFCCHRIS said:

Genuine question for anyone clued up. 
Is there any other EPL team with worse recruitment than us so far?

Technically Liverpool who I don’t think have signed anyone yet. But they start from a position of having a slightly stronger squad. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Technically Liverpool who I don’t think have signed anyone yet. But they start from a position of having a slightly stronger squad. 

Slightly 

• Haha 2