Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Foxes96

Other Teams Transfers - Summer 2024

6 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

I genuinely think Sheffield United had a better window than us last season……

Agree. We are in a worse position than them, we will do very well to beat their 16 points from last season pre points deduction. Feel for Cooper. A hefty deduction and “beating” Derby County’s record low point tally is not out of the question.

Edited by FoxesWalk

10 minutes ago, FoxesWalk said:

Agree. We are in a worse position than them, we will do very well to beat their 16 points from last season pre points deduction. Feel for Cooper. A hefty deduction and “beating” Derby County’s record low point tally is not out of the question.

I don’t think we will win a game. But in all honesty it’s not nice, but perhaps a complete disaster will force Top into taking action. Yes again we’re pissing about seemingly not taking our situation seriously. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

I don’t think we will win a game. But in all honesty it’s not nice, but perhaps a complete disaster will force Top into taking action. Yes again we’re pissing about seemingly not taking our situation seriously. 

I can see us maybe beating the likes of Southampton, with them being so poor at the back, but that’s about it. The gap from the promoted clubs to the rest has never been bigger and we are miles away from being competitive with them. Forest/Brentford/Wolves/Everton some of the weaker and they are all very far ahead of us in terms of squad quality.

Edited by FoxesWalk
  • Like 1

Wow it’s very Grim on here and we all have every reason to be. There has been zero evidence of any excitement or confidence coming from this team. Cooper’s assessment said it all.

im starting to think does our board promise every new manager new players and then pull a blinder on them once their in? It happened with rogers, then Enzo and now cooper. WTF is going on?

maybe for the first we will get a Southampton style thrashing in the double digits! I’m exaggerating of course but we could get quite a beating by several of the top teams. It’s gonna be all attack vs defence in the spuds game. God save us!

The thing is Ipswich haven't got a massive wage bill, losers like Daka and Soumare on 70k a week stinking out the place, and a bright young manager, they are riding the crest of a wave, they are bound to have more optimism. This pre season has been as grim as I can remember. We might as well have not got promoted, because we are going to be humiliated. I mean starting the season with Daka (useless and injured) Vardy ( old and always injured) and Cannon ( why did we sign him) as our strikers is suicide. Why have we waited until the last week or two to bid for players we wanted? Losing a player to Roma or for tax reasons is ok but Hoffenheim???? Fook my life. I think we better Jordan Ayew in quick before he chooses Wycombe or Grimsby ahead of us. Shambles form top to bottom.

3 minutes ago, South Shire Fox said:

Would have been an absolute no brainer signing for us. Rather this then £25m on a Greek striker likely to flop

Surely the transfer system needs to have some control introduced. For example how many players a club can actually sign in a season. A very rich club like Chelsea have a squad of over 50 player, they have 8 goalkeepers. The can buy any young players who have talent and then loan them out. It takes al these players out of circulation and are totally controlled by Chelsea FC.

2 hours ago, FoxesWalk said:

We aren't anywhere near the standards of that Sheffield United side, yes they signed Hamer, Archer and got McAtee on loan, they also did some extremely poor business in Larouci and Traore and Tusty, Souza and Slimani while added some depth didn't strengthen them. Our squad without meaningful additions is stronger than a lot of the dross they had in place last year. If you compared us to them now however, I'd be pretty pleased with some of the additions they have made and the players they are pushing through their academy. 

3 minutes ago, LVFox said:

Ipswich have had a fantastic window so far. Phillips could be a fantastic fit for them. My favourites out of the 3 promoted to stay up 

Ipswich’s glaring weak points last season was their GK and double pivot.

They have vastly improved both areas. 

Cajuste and peak-Phillips has the potential to be very very effective. 

2 minutes ago, Muzzy_no7 said:

Ipswich’s glaring weak points last season was their GK and double pivot.

They have vastly improved both areas. 

Cajuste and peak-Phillips has the potential to be very very effective. 

Completely agree.

Still have my worries about them at CB/RB, although I'm a huge Greaves fan.

They've just picked players who suit their system, not rocket science but could be super effective.

• Like 2

Apparently Newcastle had a £70m bid for Guehi rejected. He had a good Euros but not a fvkcing chance he's worth that, think Newcastle have dodged a bullet if they move their interest elsewhere.