Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Foxes96

Other Teams Transfers - Summer 2024

46 minutes ago, Lesta2014 said:

You read that and think fair play we won’t overplay for players, then you remember we are paying £20 mill for a player in a position that isn’t a priority. All really confusing. 

This is what I'm struggling to deal with. I can accept we have to cut pur cloth accordingly but £25m on Skipp is up there with paying £13m for a back up goalkeeper.

On 18/08/2024 at 07:40, kingpower said:

I see Rennes have just sold their left sided Belgian international CB Arthur Theate to Frankfurt for £13.5m.

Less than what we paid for Okoli but this guy is left footed, only 24 and with big tournament experience.

would have been a much better option than Okoli and given us more balance in defence with him being left footed 

but what do I know 

He would have been perfect if Maresca had stayed as the left-sided player in defence. 

Guest Chocolate Teapot
1 hour ago, pmcla26 said:

He would have been perfect if Maresca had stayed as the left-sided player in defence. 

He's like a more erratic Faes tbh.

29 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

A deal I'd love for us to be part of. Someone we should and could be chasing after.

He looked good, even in the Premier League last year in a struggling team. But the 3 years plus hundreds of extra games Skipp has make the later a better signing for right now.

Brentford are an interesting club. For every Ivan Toney they sign, they also sign a Kane Lewis-Potter.

This guy I feel will get capped for England, even if he doesn't become a mainstay. Very talented and seems to be able to read the game well for his age. Got a touch of Adam Wharton to him.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

He looked good, even in the Premier League last year in a struggling team. But the 3 years plus hundreds of extra games Skipp has make the later a better signing for right now.

Brentford are an interesting club. For every Ivan Toney they sign, they also sign a Kane Lewis-Potter.

This guy I feel will get capped for England, even if he doesn't become a mainstay. Very talented and seems to be able to read the game well for his age. Got a touch of Adam Wharton to him.

Brentford have had a real mix of taking gambles on players, they either do really well or drift into oblivion. 

Got a touch of the Adam Whartons does sound like a way of saying you've got the shits however. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

Forest made a 25m bid for Santiago Gimenez of Feyenord. Not sure he’d fit our system but that would be an impressive signing if they make it. 

Be amazed if they get him for that. The talk in Netherlands has been that Atleti have fancied him for a long time and they think it would be £40m to £50m. 

• Like 1

Zero link to ourselves and may not be the correct thread. Kurt Zouma without a club after a move to the Saudi league fell through. 

Is this the type of free we should be considering? Captained WHU last season. Proven premier league quality and good experience. A mark up I would argue on our CB’s. 

18 minutes ago, Pick Good Name Later said:

Zero link to ourselves and may not be the correct thread. Kurt Zouma without a club after a move to the Saudi league fell through. 

Is this the type of free we should be considering? Captained WHU last season. Proven premier league quality and good experience. A mark up I would argue on our CB’s. 

Sounds expensive in terms of wages.

35 minutes ago, Pick Good Name Later said:

Fell through because he failed his medical which for a player who'll turn 30 in a couple of months might be a bit of a concern depending on what exactly the problem was. It wouldn't be a free - he's still got a year left at West Ham and I assume, having gone there from Chelsea and then accepting a deal from Saudi Arabia, he probably wants the sort of wage we can't really afford. He is also a bellend. Apart from that I'm all for it

2 minutes ago, Number 6 said:

Thought I'd seen it said that Sara was £20m. Seems like Gala and Norwich appeasing their own fans with their messaging.

Given we would have been in contact with Galatasaray for Zaha at the same sort of time, it’s possible we had some cross dialogue with them on the Sara deal.

It’s also quite apparent that Cooper will have been more confident in Skipp as a player that does what he wants, probably making him the higher priority deeper midfielder choice.

• Like 1