Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Foxes96

Other Teams Transfers - Summer 2024

4 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Oh ffs!

Good move for Nanasi tbh, will get plenty of game time and will move for 30+ in a couple of years, convinced of it.

But £10m on a 5 year deal would be the same for PSR as Ayew on a 3 year for £6m, which is so annoying it makes me want to staple my testicles to a chopping board.

• Like 2

If by some miracle we stay up this season, it'll be in spite of transfer business. Excluding Fatawu because that's a tap in I'm classing as last years business, we've genuinely gone 1 for 5 so far because BDR has been unimpressive thus far, Golding not even part of the plans, Okoli was a fortune for someone we don't even start and Facundo looks promising.

Skipp - cant judge a man who's not played but a lot spent on him.

Add Ayew into the mix and I cant think of a worse window for bigger need to survive. Utterly honking!

Edited by TheGoldenGod

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

You can't put out that news on Nanasi at the same time as Ayew. This is actually making me unwell.

€11m for Nanasi and €14m for Gronbaek to clubs who'll pay less in wages than we will. I'm in bits.

We paid more for Skipp than the pair combined. 😭😭😭😭

These players don’t want to come here mate. Better clubs with better offers snap them up

2 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

These players don’t want to come here mate. Better clubs with better offers snap them up

I really wouldn't say Strasbourg are a better club who can make a better offer than us

If we actually went in for him we could easily blow them out of the water wages wise which is all it would take to get him (and still not actually overpay for him)

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, TheGoldenGod said:

If by some miracle we stay up this season, it'll be in spite of transfer business. Excluding Fatawu because that's a tap in I'm classing as last years business, we've genuinely gone 1 for 5 so far because BDR has been unimpressive thus far, Golding not even part of the plans, Okoli was a fortune for someone we don't even start and Facundo looks promising.

Skipp - cant judge a man who's not played but a lot spent on him.

Add Ayew into the mix and I cant think of a worse window for bigger need to survive. Utterly honking!

Honestly judging a window after one game is honking....

Get a grip.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

You can't put out that news on Nanasi at the same time as Ayew. This is actually making me unwell.

€11m for Nanasi and €14m for Gronbaek to clubs who'll pay less in wages than we will. I'm in bits.

We paid more for Skipp than the pair combined. 😭😭😭😭

well thas ric midweek drinking then

shocking how we wasnt even looking or even pushing for either of them, though i shouldnt be surpised

4 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

I really wouldn't say Strasbourg are a better club who can make a better offer than us

If we actually went in for him we could easily blow them out of the water wages wise which is all it would take to get him (and still not actually overpay for him)

Signing for Strasbourg so he can then move to Chelsea next year 

3 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Honestly judging a window after one game is honking....

Get a grip.

Everyone judges a "window" when it closes so I'm willing to give it till then but the ones mentioned are the ones it'll be so I'm still right whether you like it not chap👍

1 hour ago, moore_94 said:

Should've gone for him instead of Okoli - around the same price

Would actually be a starter for us

Lacroix is a really decent buy for that amount. I've tracked him for ages and seemed a good fit for us. Oh well, at least no-one has snapped up Nanasi or anything...

3 minutes ago, TheGoldenGod said:

Everyone judges a "window" when it closes so I'm willing to give it till then but the ones mentioned are the ones it'll be so I'm still right whether you like it not chap👍

Course.....

2 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

Yes, but it’s the wage bill that is killing our PSR on the three year rolling basis

I expect someone like Nanasi would still end up on lower wages than Ayew, even if we had to offer him more than Strasbourg

Just now, moore_94 said:

I expect someone like Nanasi would still end up on lower wages than Ayew, even if we had to offer him more than Strasbourg

The name Leicester and almost certain relegation due to point deduction are meaning players are ruling us out before we get to offer a wage proposal 

4 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

The name Leicester and almost certain relegation due to point deduction are meaning players are ruling us out before we get to offer a wage proposal 

Imagine trying to offer a competitive contract when every player and agent knows you’ll be also looking at a wage reducing relegation clause. With the likelihood of relegation the club will probably be struggling. 

However the recruitment strategy this summer is scatter gun and again is a failure of how our DOF operates. 

18 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

Soule was very close to agreeing before Roma stepped in. He'd be on far less wages than Ayew as well. Our PSR issues don't go away with an obsession of PL experience where wages are vast.