Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Foxes96

Other Teams Transfers - Summer 2024

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Soule was very close to agreeing before Roma stepped in. He'd be on far less wages than Ayew as well. Our PSR issues don't go away with an obsession of PL experience where wages are vast. 

True regarding Soule. I just think we're working well down our target list now, and shuffling the available funds around to suit the changing options available to us.

• Like 1

Ipswich looking likely to get Broja on a loan

If they get Clarke that's Cajuste, Delap, Clarke, Broja, Phillips, Greaves, Szmodics and Johnson they've signed.

I'd say with McKenna in charge they're likely to stay up which means we have to finish above Southampton and 2 others. With a points deduction can't see it. 

Guest Chocolate Teapot
5 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

If they get Clarke that's Cajuste, Delap, Clarke, Broja, Phillips, Greaves, Szmodics and Johnson they've signed.

I'd say with McKenna in charge they're likely to stay up which means we have to finish above Southampton and 2 others. With a points deduction can't see it. 

I genuinely don't think any of those players are any good at this level (bar Greaves) and they're all really expensive. It really doesn't concern me - the obsession with Szmodics who's had one good season in his career is a bit weird.

9 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

If they don’t stay up they will be in the shit next season 

23 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Be interesting to see if he's able to step up to the Prem 

Ipswich spending like crazy, guess you might as well give it the best go possible in their position, many of those signings will help them in a promotion bid should they need to do that again.

Edited by FoxesWalk
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, FoxesWalk said:

Ipswich spending like crazy, guess you might as well give it the best go possible in their position, many of those signings will help them in a promotion bid should they need to do that again.

Whereas our players that came down with us last time....probably won't be so inclined to do it again. Either way, smarter business than what we're doing!

11 minutes ago, FoxesWalk said:

They’ll also likely be able to sell a lot of these players too given their ages, Szmodics being the exception. It’s still a big gamble, hoping all of these step up. We were the only promoted team to get points and I think our experienced players like Vardy, Ndidi and Winks were a big reason why. But I think Ipswich’s strategy is quite sensible compared to when Forest got promoted. 

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

With Ipswich, you have to remember that their promoted squad (and first 11) still contained a lot of players from their League One promotion.

This in turn means they had more areas with scope for improvement - making it a lot easier to conclude on a signing. 

If you look at the 8 they have signed - do any of these instantly displace any of our starting 11? 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

They’ll also likely be able to sell a lot of these players too given their ages, Szmodics being the exception. It’s still a big gamble, hoping all of these step up. We were the only promoted team to get points and I think our experienced players like Vardy, Ndidi and Winks were a big reason why. But I think Ipswich’s strategy is quite sensible compared to when Forest got promoted. 

I think Ipswich will be fine. Made really good signings and I would be happy with nearly all of them if we had made them. Greaves, and Clark coups Brilliant.  Would rather have sammie than Ayew aswell. Well done Ipswich smart singing that can even help them get back up or sell on. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

I genuinely don't think any of those players are any good at this level (bar Greaves) and they're all really expensive. It really doesn't concern me - the obsession with Szmodics who's had one good season in his career is a bit weird.

It's business that you can understand though. I'd take a £9m punt on Szmodics over £6m + add ons and big wages for Jordan Ayew. 

I've a feeling Szmodics will do well in the Prem and will be that annoying player that our fans can't help but reference that we should have got.

• Like 2

It's worth noting Mark Ashton (Ipswich Sporting Director) basically ruined any progress Bristol City were making a few years ago, by signing players for big money on big contracts, on the back of them having one good season previously...... sound familiar?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Ipswich looked very poor against Liverpool. Liverpool turned it on for about ten minutes and murdered them. I’m not convinced by them at all. 

• Like 2

Just now, Pliskin said:

Ipswich looked very poor against Liverpool. Liverpool turned it on for about ten minutes and murdered them. I’m not convinced by them at all. 

The Championship dream team. Literally 

2 minutes ago, K789 said:

The Championship dream team. Literally 

It’s from the Warnock book of transfers. They will at times entertain, and may beat teams around them, but they leave themselves horribly open. And most premier league teams have attackers than can hurt you if you let them. The fact Liverpool barely had to try to beat them speak volumes. I think they will find it tough at times, they will have to try and out score everyone they play against. 

ipswich signing more players, as said already, theyve got a good number of players who was with them from league 1....

does make me wonder with all the signings tho, its quiet the turnover

2 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

It’s from the Warnock book of transfers. They will at times entertain, and may beat teams around them, but they leave themselves horribly open. And most premier league teams have attackers than can hurt you if you let them. The fact Liverpool barely had to try to beat them speak volumes. I think they will find it tough at times, they will have to try and out score everyone they play against. 

they did that last season, where they had to out score teams to win, i honestly dont think theyll be able to do that this season, their defence still looks incredibly fragile at times, for me during the liverpool game the only defender that came out with credit would be Greaves, the rest looked shakey as all hell, 

• Like 1

Guest Chocolate Teapot
10 minutes ago, FoxesWalk said:

Another top signing for Ipswich imo, got some very solid CBs with him added to the mix alongside Greaves 

I mean Sheffield United had the worst defence going last year so again I'm really not sure this is a good signing.

They conceded 104 (ONE HUNDRED AND FOUR) goals. 🤣

Edited by Chocolate Teapot

39 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Ipswich will go pop once McKenna gets poached at this rate. 

I posted elsewhere that maybe Mark Ashton had learnt his lesson from previous efforts to bankrupt clubs, but maybe not...

Either way it's gonna be a hell of a trip for Ipswich fans over the next few years.

15 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

I mean Sheffield United had the worst defence going last year so again I'm really not sure this is a good signing.

Naaaah he's class. Hull had an abysmal defence with Maguire and Andy Robertson in it don't forget.

16 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

him and Morsy in the same team, least it should be easy yellow card bets i guesslol