Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Foxes96

Other Teams Transfers - Summer 2024

5 minutes ago, Brizzle Fox said:

I posted elsewhere that maybe Mark Ashton had learnt his lesson from previous efforts to bankrupt clubs, but maybe not...

Either way it's gonna be a hell of a trip for Ipswich fans over the next few years.

Exactly what i've put just above :P 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, AjcW said:

It's worth noting Mark Ashton (Ipswich Sporting Director) basically ruined any progress Bristol City were making a few years ago, by signing players for big money on big contracts, on the back of them having one good season previously...... sound familiar?

7 minutes ago, Brizzle Fox said:

I posted elsewhere that maybe Mark Ashton had learnt his lesson from previous efforts to bankrupt clubs, but maybe not...

Either way it's gonna be a hell of a trip for Ipswich fans over the next few years.

pretty good point this tbf, wonder if hes learnt from it....doubt it with the likes of the Broja signing

theyve spent a hell of alot on players who on paper look like they improve the squad but irl that might not always be the case

if McKenna leaves you do wonder if it all falls in like a house of cards tho

1 hour ago, Pliskin said:

Ipswich looked very poor against Liverpool. Liverpool turned it on for about ten minutes and murdered them. I’m not convinced by them at all. 

First half they pressured well and had a few breaks .

Liverpool made a tactical change at HT and dominated after that .

Cannot keep Salah and co quiet all the time .

• Like 1

Guest Chocolate Teapot
42 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Naaaah he's class. Hull had an abysmal defence with Maguire and Andy Robertson in it don't forget.

He's crap.

52 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Naaaah he's class. Hull had an abysmal defence with Maguire and Andy Robertson in it don't forget.

Had a very good first season, last season he was a shadow of that player made rash decisions in and out of possession, positionally horrendous and got bullied at set pieces often. Hard to say whether that is down to him or the team that he was playing in but Jack Robinson looked more solid (as solid as you can look in a team that conceded 5 week in week out) than him at the back. Maybe needs to get some confidence back, maybe just needs to be at a club he wants to be at, but on last years showing he could be a gamble.

• Like 2

how has it been almost a week since Hlozek fell through and we are no closer to being linked with any quality forward player apart from Ayew. What are the board acually doing when Soton/Ipswich signing good players left right and centre it's actually the pits 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, JonnyBoy said:

how has it been almost a week since Hlozek fell through and we are no closer to being linked with any quality forward player apart from Ayew. What are the board acually doing when Soton/Ipswich signing good players left right and centre it's actually the pits 

"good" players, thats subjective in all respects

9 minutes ago, JonnyBoy said:

IMG_4126.jpeg

• Haha 1

Ipswich on the way to spending £100m and will probably pass that but as we know that’s not really the problem, it’s the wages, they now have an additional 12players on premier league wages that they never had before, they probably have also had to bump the wages of the existing players as reward for promotion and so the nasty circle of PSR begins…

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, FrankieADZ said:

Will be excellent for whoever he does sign for for 6 weeks.. couple of assists and score a free kick, then spend the rest of the season boosting his pass completion stats with the goalkeeper and injured 

2 hours ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

I mean Sheffield United had the worst defence going last year so again I'm really not sure this is a good signing.

They conceded 104 (ONE HUNDRED AND FOUR) goals. 🤣

Yep, Sheffield United supporters I know and work with don’t rate Ahmedhodzic. I had lunch with one the other day and the view is that Souttar will get in the side shortly as the defence including Ahmedhodzic is poor. Apparently he is quite lazy and lacks paying attention!

10 hours ago, FoxesWalk said:

Another top signing for Ipswich imo, got some very solid CBs with him added to the mix alongside Greaves 

Never pushed on and was horribly exposed in the Premier League last season.

Improvement on Woolfenden but doesn't get into our strongest team.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, beastfootballx said:

great signing

Great signing.

Where as we have actually not had one signing this year where we have all thought great signing. ✍️ every single signing has had a caveat or compromise. Well done Ipswich, they have done plenty that would have excited us in my opinion. Instead we have to look for positives. financially these players were not out of our reach either. 😟