Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Foxes96

Other Teams Transfers - Summer 2024

9 hours ago, Nolucklcfc said:

Ipswich recruiting really well. Even if they go down they are ready made to come back up. No such planning here shock horror 

I completely agree with this….

People may think I’m just being negative for the sake of it but I genuinly haven’t felt fully behind any of ours signings at all. Need to get some positive ones through the door to create a buzz and dream again about adding value and building assets to get us out of this mess long term. IMO every single one our signings  comes with a compromise, doubt or caveat. 

My point is, I don’t feel there is one deal there apart from fatawa that we feel as fans, we have come out on the right end of. 

Our competitors on the other hand, Clarke is exciting, we can all pretend that Ayew has premier league experience but let’s face we would be buzzing if we got jack clark on a perm for that price. I would also say that Samie and  greaves are both more exciting than all of ours. 

Southampton have signed Edwards, Fernandes and THB. I think we would be excited about how they develop and and what the offer for the future. 

I really just hope if we do sign any more, they are positive, long term and good value. 

I know we all have a slight bit of optimism after our second half against Tottenham. However, copper is renown for being rubbish away from home and we could well come crashing back down against Fulham and these transfers should be seriously questioned.

I promise to think more realistically from now and rant no more

Edited by DezFox
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Nolucklcfc said:

Ipswich recruiting really well. Even if they go down they are ready made to come back up. No such planning here shock horror 

Our recruitment was better last summer. I do not understand the strategy this summer, it makes no sense. It's not as if some of the punts we took last summer haven't paid off, at least 3 of them look PL clas in Fatawu, Hermansen and Mavididi.

So upsetting

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Our recruitment was better last summer. I do not understand the strategy this summer, it makes no sense. It's not as if some of the punts we took last summer haven't paid off, at least 3 of them look PL clas in Fatawu, Hermansen and Mavididi.

So upsetting

Seems like it’s stay up at all costs with experience 

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Already have loads of PL experience as well and collected some last summer too. Absolutely bizarre.

Agreed, I've been saying this all off season about the need from prem experience. We already have it.

It's certainly a manager signing. Which in the modern game with proper DoFs rarely seem to work out.

To move it away from Leicester, Brighton signed a few players last year for De Zerbi which went against their recruitment strategy and they didn't work out. He's now gone and they are stuck with them.

We will need to see where we are at the end of the transfer window on this, the reported numbers aside (which are a horrific overpay) if Ayew is one of 3 more signings and we get some exciting forward prospects, you can live with it and think he can be a useful squad player. If at the end of it he turned out to be our last signing then serious questions need to be asked.

Ipswich have set themselves up to yoyo for a few seasons, cash in and then probably make a proper go for it in 2 or 4 seasons time. They've got enough to stay up of they keep it tight at the back, but definitely built to come straight back up if they drop 

I actually think we've built more to stay up (albeit a tremendous struggle) especially with the impending deduction.  I just think we lack the depth

17 hours ago, beastfootballx said:

Not just us overspending lol 

Premier League clubs should stop doing this. They're just propping up the FFP of the big boys by buying players I've never heard of for over inflated prices. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Simonb said:

Ipswich have set themselves up to yoyo for a few seasons, cash in and then probably make a proper go for it in 2 or 4 seasons time. They've got enough to stay up of they keep it tight at the back, but definitely built to come straight back up if they drop 

I actually think we've built more to stay up (albeit a tremendous struggle) especially with the impending deduction.  I just think we lack the depth

We'd stay up if it wasn't for this point deduction. Got very experienced premier league players and if we show the aggression

1 hour ago, Nolucklcfc said:

Seems like it’s stay up at all costs with experience 

That's exactly what it is. But we've also been actively targeting young players with a high resale vale. Those deals have been harder to pull off, but it's not for a lack of trying.

20 minutes ago, Ian Nacho said:

Premier League clubs should stop doing this. They're just propping up the FFP of the big boys by buying players I've never heard of for over inflated prices. 

This is so true. Just because you were on a big 6 clubs books seems to guarantee huge money. Regardless of any actual ability. Danny Ward anyone!!!

I'm so excited to launch my "We should of bloody signed him" thread in December this year.... imagine it will be just as hillarious as every season... loads of flops.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, JonnyBoy said:

how are we getting this transfer window so wrong and Ipswich who are getting it so right. We are a bigger draw than Ipswich even with impending points deduction 

They appear to have a competent recruitment team. I can only assume ours pick names and numbers out of some kind of hat.

Guest Chocolate Teapot
Just now, moore_94 said:

Ipswich are going to have a whole new 11 by the end of the transfer window

Championship dream 11.

2 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Ipswich are going to have a whole new 11 by the end of the transfer window

Out of all of the players Ipswich have bought, if they get this over the line, this is the one I’d be most envious of!

O’shea brings speed to the central defence department. He’s very underrated 

3 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

So upsetting

I think it's a combination of Cooper wanting honest, hard-working players and us being knocked back repeatedly for most of our first-choice targets. if we'd got Soule, Hlozek, Sara etc I don't think we'd be feeling like this, but the blame for us not being able to get those deals over the line can only be laid at the door of the board. We should able to attract players of that ilk, but a combination of incompetence and a looming points deduction, itself a result of incompetence, is understandably putting players off.

I'm shocked we haven't tapped into the Championship market more, like Ipswich and Southampton have. It feels like such a no-brainer for the situation we find ourselves in. Worst case scenario is if those players don't quite work in the PL, you have someone that will be one of the better players in the league if we go down.

We should be focussing on players with high potential ceilings and big resale value. Instead we are putting all of our eggs in the 'proven', hard-working, Premier League experience basket. I just worry that those eggs have already started to go off and we'll be stuck with them rotting away in the Championship.