Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Foxes96

Other Teams Transfers - Summer 2024

Chelsea is literally gonna have to have a closing day fire sale to offload the amount of players they need to. I’m thinking they will get desperate. Is there anyone good we could hook for a bargain price? 

If we could get Sterling or Chilwell for a season on a third of their wages then I'd go for them. Not sure either would come. I actually like Jackson too and can't see him getting many minutes once the squad is settled. A season long loan perhaps? I imagine all would turn their noses up at us at this point.

2 hours ago, EnderbyFox said:

Would any of Ipswich's signings improve our starting 11?

I'd still rather start Vardy than Szmodics or Delap

I'd rather start Vestergaard & Faes over O'Shea & Ahemdhodhic... Maybe Greaves gets in?

I'd rather have any of our CMS over Kalvin Phillips.

Ben Johnson would be our 3rd choice RB

I'd rather Fatawu over Hutchinson.

Jack Clarke or Mavididi is a close one

You could argue none of our signings this summer improve what we already have either so it's no different. Do those players improve their XI given they were only a point behind us last season anf we've list 26 goals from our team?

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

You could argue none of our signings this summer improve what we already have either so it's no different. Do those players improve their XI given they were only a point behind us last season anf we've list 26 goals from our team?

You don't think Buonanotte improves our starting 11? I also think Skipp will, although the jury's out on Okoli and I don't think BDR is an upgrade on Mavididi. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

You don't think Buonanotte improves our starting 11? I also think Skipp will, although the jury's out on Okoli and I don't think BDR is an upgrade on Mavididi. 

I guess when you look at last season he's KDH. But he certainly makes us alot better in a crucial position now he's gone.

I agree skipp will be an improvement on Ndidi.

I think the biggest issue is just we lost goals and we haven't addressed it, we've sort of got to about where we were last season as a squad and we have to find a striker that could score 10+ or so goals. 

Edited by Iwebema
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

My point was more in response to people being jealous of Ipswich's transfers. I don't think we've had a good window ourselves but I'd much rather our squad over their rabble.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, EnderbyFox said:

My point was more in response to people being jealous of Ipswich's transfers. I don't think we've had a good window ourselves but I'd much rather our squad over their rabble.

I get Ipswich were right behind us, but I think we had the basis of a premier league squad that just needed a bit of depth and some quality, where as I think as good as they were they would of got (and they still may do) battered every week in the prem. Alot of the signings they made are great for them, but I dont think would improve us enough to wish we had them. 

However the profile of player they have targeted is something I wish we had of looked at, perhaps we still will.

Edited by Iwebema

4 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Brighton will need to do well this year, they've spent a fair whack 

An awful lot of teams have spent obscene amounts.

West Ham like what, £150mill?

Bournemouth £40mil on that striker alone.

Brighton as you say.

Forest as always.

Ipswich have spent big.

Brentford and Fulham also.

Some of these teams will have pissed all this money up the wall to finish bottom half or even be in relegation scraps!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, The Bear said:

A lot of mid-lower league teams are spending a fair whack this summer. 

5 minutes ago, LCFCJohn said:

An awful lot of teams have spent obscene amounts.

West Ham like what, £150mill?

Bournemouth £40mil on that striker alone.

Brighton as you say.

Forest as always.

Ipswich have spent big.

Brentford and Fulham also.

Some of these teams will have pissed all this money up the wall to finish bottom half or even be in relegation scraps!

We went down in an awful time, all the teams that were way below us have pushed on hugely