Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Foxes96

Other Teams Transfers - Summer 2024

53 minutes ago, LCFCJohn said:

Ipswich are going to mess this up. Unnecessary number of signings. 

I never think it’s a good idea for promoted clubs to go mad and bring so many numbers in. You have a core of a good squad who have come up. Same with us, a handful of the right signings would be enough. 

They've seen what Forest did and recognise its probably their best bet for staying up. 

12 hours ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Matt O Riley carried off after just 8 minutes with a serious ankle injury.....looks like the playing in England is way tougher to what he's used to 😏

Looked like his knee from the way he was walking. Bad tackle and the guy didn't even get booked

• Like 1

Another day, another striker linked to Forest. 

He is someone I looked at along with Ioannidis and Hlozek as strikers with ball carrying ability. 

Let’s steal him from Forest :ph34r:

6 minutes ago, kingfox said:

Another day, another striker linked to Forest. 

He is someone I looked at along with Ioannidis and Hlozek as strikers with ball carrying ability. 

Let’s steal him from Forest :ph34r:

Would be a great coup; that said, I think he'll go for a much more than 20m.

3 hours ago, AjcW said:

Mark Ashton special. Well on his way to ruining another club lol 

Can you share any more on this? It seems kind of crazy what Ipswich are doing, as they have gone over £100M spent this season now. Fair play to him he got them from League One to the Premier League, but these over reaches always feel like they are destined for failure eventually. Which I suppose happened to us. 

On 27/08/2024 at 11:29, Muzzy_no7 said:

IMG_5410.thumb.jpeg.4f950401ad7763653c3fa594df0e8d80.jpeg

These 3 transfers absolutely stink and need investigating. 

Now Mangala is going Everton on loan with obligation to buy for 33m😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

1 minute ago, StriderHiryu said:

Can you share any more on this? It seems kind of crazy what Ipswich are doing, as they have gone over £100M spent this season now. Fair play to him he got them from League One to the Premier League, but these over reaches always feel like they are destined for failure eventually. Which I suppose happened to us. 

Bristol City are still realing from when he was there. Spent an awful lot of money on players who had one/two standout seasons, gave them massive contracts (both wage and length). Shit or bust strategy from when he joined, never actually put a squad together capable of getting promoted.

Nige called him out a few times when he was there (unsurprisingly) but essentially Nige did the rescue opporation with free transfers and youth team players as the money had run out when he arrived! 

14 million spent in his first season (bear in mind that was 2016 in the Championship)

14 million in season two. Including £6m on an unknown striker and £5m for a crocked Nathan Baker

Third season is interesting, cashed in on BDCR, Aden Flint and Joe Bryan. Tried to replace Reid with two strikers from lower leagues who had breakout seasons, both flopped.

Fourth season, fair play he gets 4x value on Adam Webster from the season before, also Lloyd Kelly and Josh Brownhill go for decent money. But this is where the real problems start in terms of the reinvestment. He spent £9m each on Tomas Kalas and Han Noah Massengo. Both spent a great deal of time out through injury and both left for free a few years later!! Also a few others in there around the £2m mark each who came and went pretty quickly. 

In his final season he wasn't allowed to spend a penny but brought it Chris Martin, Henri Lansbury and Chris Brunt on big wages.

Bristol City fans couldn't believe it when he got the Ipswich gig, essentially he is mates with the owner there. He's gone for the same strategy as above, but he's lucked out by hiring a manager who will be a generational talent in this country. As others have said, take McKenna out the picture and this goes downhill fast.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Muzzy_no7 said:

Now Mangala is going Everton on loan with obligation to buy for 33m😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Clearly a fvckjng cheating bridge transfer. Makes me love all love for the game. 

Liverpool getting Chiesa for £10m is ridiculous. Just shows you how good their transfer business is, though you'd be a bit frustrated they don't trying and get a couple more big deals done.

2 minutes ago, dmayne7 said:

Liverpool getting Chiesa for £10m is ridiculous. Just shows you how good their transfer business is, though you'd be a bit frustrated they don't trying and get a couple more big deals done.

Hes on astronomical wages and they're desperate to get rid. Im not sure he's the player he was. Feels a bit Couthinio

• Like 2

Isn't he (Chiesa) kicking on 200k a week? And he's not been the same player since injury.  Looks low risk from a transfer fee point of view, but could be an expensive one if he doesn't come good and they need rid.

Edited by JimJams

26 minutes ago, ronnup said:

Hes on astronomical wages and they're desperate to get rid. Im not sure he's the player he was. Feels a bit Couthinio

Oh yeah, I get that on both counts but we're talking about a player who was probs £80m 3 years ago and then got a bad injury. Still did ok last year. Even if he's half the player he was, that's still a bargain. He's still only 26 too. Look at the players going for £30m and very few are comparable. Low risk, high reward

50 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

@AjcW Thanks so much, I had no idea of any of that, so really interesting to hear it. 

Given the level of detail you go into for us, I felt the need to show my workings ;) 

My best mate is a Bristol City fan so I follow quite closely. I know @Brizzle Fox (hope i've tagged the right one!) has often agreed with my musings on Ashton.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The Bear said:

I'm way more pissed off about this than I should be really. We should be all over this for £15m when we need another RW. 19 goals and 8 assists for a struggling Championship club and home grown too. 

Cooper had him at Swansea, I really thought we'd be in for him this summer too.

• Like 1