Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Foxes96

Other Teams Transfers - Summer 2024

3 minutes ago, Micky said:

Just at Liverpool airport. Some Liverpool guys there waiting with a sign for Chiesa. 

Sad bastards, they need to get a life, I’ve just passed them on the way out after holding a sign for Bilal. 

• Haha 2

55 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Given the level of detail you go into for us, I felt the need to show my workings ;) 

My best mate is a Bristol City fan so I follow quite closely. I know @Brizzle Fox (hope i've tagged the right one!) has often agreed with my musings on Ashton.

Oh you are spot on about Mr Ashton.  Hard to think of many more poisonous names down at the Gate.  The main achievement of Niges time down here was to get the club back on an even financial keel, but very much to the cost of the football side of things.

4 minutes ago, DennisNedry said:

£10m for Chiesa is incredibly good value regardless of his wage demands. He's still only 26. 

We spent more on Okoli, and more than double this on Skipp! Hell, we spent about half that on 33 year old Jordan Ayew FFS.

Bit of a random one as not a position they need strengthening.

Strange that he being let go for such a small fee, must be a good reason 

3 minutes ago, DennisNedry said:

We spent more on Okoli

No we didn't - it was €8m initially with add ons taking to €13m eventually, if criteria is met. Chiesa's wages will probably be in the region of £200,000 a week. Okoli will probably be on about a tenth of that.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Jazzy_Jeff said:

Bit of a random one as not a position they need strengthening.

Strange that he being let go for such a small fee, must be a good reason 

His wages are massive and they want him off the books.

1 hour ago, DerbyshireFox said:

IMG_0438.jpeg

IMG_0439.gif

Could see this one happen. We were linked with Maupay a while ago when he was in the Championship with Brentford. He presses hard from the front and puts a shift in. I don't think he's a striker that keeps you up but having another player in the 9 position is better than having no one in at all. 

We'll definitely bring in a striker, but it's hard to see it being anywhere near an elite one. 

5 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Could see this one happen. We were linked with Maupay a while ago when he was in the Championship with Brentford. He presses hard from the front and puts a shift in. I don't think he's a striker that keeps you up but having another player in the 9 position is better than having no one in at all. 

We'll definitely bring in a striker, but it's hard to see it being anywhere near an elite one. 

Oh god

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

We’re clearly not going to buy a proven ‘elite’ striker. But realistically, what’s the best we can hope for? I’m struggling to think of any plausible targets that I actually want. What’s our best-case scenario here?

17 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

We’re clearly not going to buy a proven ‘elite’ striker. But realistically, what’s the best we can hope for? I’m struggling to think of any plausible targets that I actually want. What’s our best-case scenario here?

Forfana

18 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

This is part of the reason I would been content with Weghorst, but he looks set for Ajax. Doubt Martial would come and very unsure he would be a good fit or match our wage aspirations.

21 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

Chris Wood. 12 goals in 18 games I believe. Bring him home. 

Although Forest will probably sell him to Everton for £100mil.