Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Foxes96

Other Teams Transfers - Summer 2024

All this crying about Ipswich being superior to us with their transfer business, if that was us on deadline day this place would be toxic, I mean more toxic than it has been for the past few months while school holidays have been on...

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, RyCleary said:

Isn't this capped at 5 years now?

For psr yes but for asset value of the club no.  One of main reasons why Chelsea are doing long deals is to keep the asset value of the club as high as possible. amortisation much lower than it would be if all deals were five years.  So if Clearlake want to sell, the books look better. 

2 hours ago, RyCleary said:

Isn't this capped at 5 years now?

In the Premier League and UEFA competitions yeah, I'm not sure if the EFL have followed suit, but if not then it will only matter if Birmingham get promoted back to the PL in those 5 years

Edited by lfu

2 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

Chilwell to work on his golf/crochet/advertisements this season then I am guessing.

Chelsea still have 33 players in their squad - shambles

We couldve done worse than offering a loan deal for Chilly. We look a bit light in the fullback areas.

4 minutes ago, shen said:

We couldve done worse than offering a loan deal for Chilly. We look a bit light in the fullback areas.

As long as it would've been like Everton's Broja deal where we don't pay any of his wages if he's injured - even then he's on £190-200k a week so I think we could only afford 1/5 of that at most

12 minutes ago, lfu said:

As long as it would've been like Everton's Broja deal where we don't pay any of his wages if he's injured - even then he's on £190-200k a week so I think we could only afford 1/5 of that at most

40-50k a week for Chilwell would have been decent. Now Chelsea are likely stuck with him until at least January.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, LCFCJohn said:

It’s not a sure thing. Huddersfield have come down strong and had a perfect start. Teams like Charlton and Peterborough know the league and have started well and then you have the likes of Stockport and Wrexham who just seem intent on going straight through! 

Birmingham also have Rodgers old mate Davies as manager so he might lose the plot at some point!

I really hope so. I'd love them to stay down there 

• Like 1

Just now, moore_94 said:

Osimhen ending up on loan in Turkey, having been replaced by Lukaku at Napoli, is insane

Horrific incompetence from his agent

Fumbled multiple moves to elite clubs because he's too greedy or too hard to negotiate with

• Like 2

On 08/08/2024 at 19:46, Jonezy said:

I just like how he has gotten his big breakthrough late in his career being a proper old school tank center forward. 

I am up for a bet though if you want. 10+ prem goals this season from Füllkrug and you donate 20£ to the forum, less than 10 prem goals and I will donate 20£ to the forum. And I will even pay up if his old injury woes come back to haunt him. Up for it? :) 

Bet looking good for me so far 😂 

• Haha 1

Chelsea have loaned, sold or released 40 players during this summer window, with D Fofana potentially making it 41 (according to SSN)

Bloody ridiculous and damaging to players careers with clubs like Chelsea just stacking players

1 hour ago, BKLFox said:

Chelsea have loaned, sold or released 40 players during this summer window, with D Fofana potentially making it 41 (according to SSN)

Bloody ridiculous and damaging to players careers with clubs like Chelsea just stacking players

still have a squad of 43 players!!!

2 hours ago, BKLFox said:

Players themselves should know better and take responsibility. Fofana for all his 'I dreamed a dream about Chelsea' hasn't had it accelerate his career. It's a very similar story for all of the others who did the same. There are better options out there, and all they have to do is earn slightly less obscene money. I have very little sympathy for anyone whos career has been damaged by signing for Chelsea.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

Players themselves should know better and take responsibility. Fofana for all his 'I dreamed a dream about Chelsea' hasn't had it accelerate his career. It's a very similar story for all of the others who did the same. There are better options out there, and all they have to do is earn slightly less obscene money. I have very little sympathy for anyone whos career has been damaged by signing for Chelsea.

How many players, and for that matter, the last you could think of, actually progress their career by going there? 

It genuinely never seems to end well for anyone. Not for a lot of years anyway.

11 minutes ago, LCFCJohn said:

How many players, and for that matter, the last you could think of, actually progress their career by going there? 

It genuinely never seems to end well for anyone. Not for a lot of years anyway.

Cole Palmer i suppose.  But for a long while its not been a great move for many, which is why it astonishes me so many push for it.