Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Foxes96

Other Teams Transfers - Summer 2024

11 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Liam Delap 20m, crazy money.

Philogene 18m, with 18 goals contributions (12 goals, 6 assist).

Similar stats to Mavididi and Fatawu.

Makes the 5m and 14m fees for our wingers look even better value. 

Definitely expensive for Delap, but thinking about the way Ipswich play and the way they used George Hirst, Delap would work well in that system and is a good upgrade. But put it this way, if we were in for him, I would be disapointed!

Philogene fee is pretty good IMO. I'm a little surprised we aren't in for either him or Greaves as both are good on the ball, young, English and have high resale potential. Both proven in the Championship if it came to that too.

As it stands Ipswich are improving their squad and have continuity with their manager, whereas our squad is considerably weaker (assuming Ndidi doesn't stay) and have been thrown into chaos through the departure of the manager! Our games against them will be huge and hopefully this time round we don't hand them late equalisers!

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Definitely expensive for Delap, but thinking about the way Ipswich play and the way they used George Hirst, Delap would work well in that system and is a good upgrade. But put it this way, if we were in for him, I would be disapointed!

Philogene fee is pretty good IMO. I'm a little surprised we aren't in for either him or Greaves as both are good on the ball, young, English and have high resale potential. Both proven in the Championship if it came to that too.

As it stands Ipswich are improving their squad and have continuity with their manager, whereas our squad is considerably weaker (assuming Ndidi doesn't stay) and have been thrown into chaos through the departure of the manager! Our games against them will be huge and hopefully this time round we don't hand them late equalisers!

To be fair, I think re seem to recruiting players with a bit more physicality, which we lacked, since Huth & Morgan. Most of us have said, we are too easy to play against. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Lad1966 said:

To be fair, I think re seem to recruiting players with a bit more physicality, which we lacked, since Huth & Morgan. Most of us have said, we are too easy to play against. 

Yep that seems notable. When Forest beat us 4-1 in the cup, they bullied us and Cooper recognises that physicality is a big part of the modern game. Getting in the set pieces coach adds to that.

Comparing Okoli vs Greaves will be interesting, as both cost around the same amount of money. I'd have gone Greaves personally, but this feels like a Glover signing, so let's hope he's found more gold in the market.

2 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

Comparing Okoli vs Greaves will be interesting, as both cost around the same amount of money.

Thought Okoli was around €15m which included lots of add ons. Would be surprised if we have paid more than about €7m initially. However, I'm just guessing, so you may be correct.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

In reference to the games against them, certainly on our behalf anyway, I think we will see very different affairs in the Prem. 

That might be a good thing, but what I will say in credit to Enzo is that we never looked uncomfortable against them and should have been out of sight before shooting ourselves in the foot twice. Obviously, we will have a considerably different identity this year, and they may exploit that more easily. The games will be a good yardstick for both clubs IMO, though. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

Not sure that Cooper is that bothered about the bit in bold. His style of football will be very different to Maresca's, I think.

39 minutes ago, Muzzy_no7 said:

How ON EARTH have United managed to get a fee for Greenwood?!????!!

Eh?

That's not a difficult question. The guy is obviously a class footballer. A lot of businesses won't care about his previous acts and whether we like it or not Man Utd have been very smart over the past year to maximise value from it. 

41 minutes ago, Adster said:

Eh?

That's not a difficult question. The guy is obviously a class footballer. A lot of businesses won't care about his previous acts and whether we like it or not Man Utd have been very smart over the past year to maximise value from it. 

OK lemme rephrase it.

Why would any team pay for his services now knowing the image he has and impending backlash? 

20 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

Delap looked decent against Leicester playing for Hull and had a bit of confidence . £20m is a lot but we don't know how much of that is add ons. Still think a quality central midfielder is the main priority if that sort of money is going to be spent

3 minutes ago, Edingleyfox said:

Delap looked decent against Leicester playing for Hull and had a bit of confidence . £20m is a lot but we don't know how much of that is add ons. Still think a quality central midfielder is the main priority if that sort of money is going to be spent

£15m + £5m in add ons

11 hours ago, Muzzy_no7 said:

OK lemme rephrase it.

Why would any team pay for his services now knowing the image he has and impending backlash? 

Could ask why a club would have an incredibly shady betting sponsor as well despite the backlash.....because its an opportunity.

Foreign clubs aren't bothered about what his image is over here.

4 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

Because not ever one has the same morals or values.

Translation: Italian football clubs have no values at all and the Spanish are still in the 1930s for women's rights. 

Edited by Finnegan
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, fox_up_north said:

Amazed to discover that Villa only sold Philogene to Hull last summer and are now back in for him at £18 million.

That's like when Juve pinched Pogba and then sold him back for silly money.

Got a 30% sell on clause too, so it will be closer to £13 million.