Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Foxes96

Other Teams Transfers - Summer 2024

On 10/07/2024 at 17:11, LestaLad said:

Gronbaek to Rennes for €15m.

Signing Okoli over this guy feels like a big mistake.

I hope I come to eat my words with both Okoli and Golding doing the business. Having Gronbaek and Golding would have been ideal. Goldbaek to start and use Golding in the last 30 to rejuvinate the midfield. I hope we've got some other irons in the fire...

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

I hope I come to eat my words with both Okoli and Golding doing the business. Having Gronbaek and Golding would have been ideal. Goldbaek to start and use Golding in the last 30 to rejuvinate the midfield. I hope we've got some other irons in the fire...

We could’ve signed all 3. 

1 hour ago, StriderHiryu said:

Think we may have other ideas about our midfield. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Comparisons to O'Riley and KDH:

KEC8bzz.png

iQkZhpl.png

At the price quoted, he looks like great value. I would rate the Belgian league higher than the SPL.

Nice work. I watched a couple of Youtube vids of him, after you mentioned him. He looks perfect for our needs.

I think he would have had a swiss int cap or two by now, but I think he's had some passport issues due to driving offences and also he's eligible for Spain (but that's a tough nut to crack for an attacking mid!)

47 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

That feels a little naughty from Villa

Why? As far as I'm aware "matching rights" means they can match the best offer and get first refusal. With the sell on essentially waived Hull will still receive whatever their best offer was from other parties.

17 minutes ago, JimJams said:

Why? As far as I'm aware "matching rights" means they can match the best offer and get first refusal. With the sell on essentially waived Hull will still receive whatever their best offer was from other parties.

No idea tbh, just feels a bit cheeky, maybe because he was allegedly so close to others.

4 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

I'd have gone for him over Okoli personally.

Same. Hopefully Okoli will do well, but he'd another right-footed CB too. Greaves is left footed, can play LB and has a decent passing range. Would have helped fill that Doyle or normal LCB role with ease.

14 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

That feels a little naughty from Villa

Clever transfer tactics

allow everyone else to exhaust themselves doing a deal and then come in with the offer that you know is accepted by the selling club 

I assume they had agreement with his agent that he would choose Villa if they wanted him back.

20 minutes ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

I get where you are coming from, however Okoli might be better suited to the profile of player we were looking for.

I also get the feeling that Okoli was done partly with Soule in mind