Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Development/Youth Squads 2024/2025 Thread - U18/U21

Not a single update about our academy players from the club since this thread started. They don’t care about us fans. Why did they even bother spending all of that money on a state of the art training ground etc etc

• Haha 3

Aside from the usual suspects of Alves, Braybrooke, Popov, Richards and Thomas, one player I'll be interested in following the progress of this season is Mirsad Ali.

He seems to have been getting game time at U21 level ahead of time and I wonder if a first-team call-up is on the cards for him this season, especially with LB potentially being a problem position for us this season.

I believe he can also play further forward too. Will be interesting to see if he can break through from the U18s/U21s or if he gets a loan this season.

23 minutes ago, ALC Fox said:

Aside from the usual suspects of Alves, Braybrooke, Popov, Richards and Thomas, one player I'll be interested in following the progress of this season is Mirsad Ali.

He seems to have been getting game time at U21 level ahead of time and I wonder if a first-team call-up is on the cards for him this season, especially with LB potentially being a problem position for us this season.

I believe he can also play further forward too. Will be interesting to see if he can break through from the U18s/U21s or if he gets a loan this season.

I like Hill aswell 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Ryy said:

Our U21s will face Burton, Northampton and Notts County in the Bristol Street Motors Trophy 

Well that’s probably the best draw we’ve ever had in terms of getting some fans to the games! 

50 minutes ago, niyaminski said:

Thought the piece of skill on Sammy Braybrooke’s instagram story deserves a post on here.

Even Alves had his hands on his head in disbelief 😂

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C8uoxB4sF-n/?igsh=cTBvZGYwMTQ0aHlv

I love seeing little training videos like this. Makes me realise I was never ever cut out to be a professional footballer lol

• Like 3

1 hour ago, niyaminski said:

Thought the piece of skill on Sammy Braybrooke’s instagram story deserves a post on here.

Even Alves had his hands on his head in disbelief 😂

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C8uoxB4sF-n/?igsh=cTBvZGYwMTQ0aHlv

They seem to have done quite a bit of work (Alves and Braybrooke) over the summer, and been on holiday together. Hopefully can hit the ground running this pre-season and play a part in the first team next year. 

Most exciting part of the Cooper appointment. They are our future!!!

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, Foxes96 said:

They are our future!!!

For a year before Chelsea et al come knocking.

With the current state of football no "poor" club has any future long stay players.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Foxes96 said:

They seem to have done quite a bit of work (Alves and Braybrooke) over the summer, and been on holiday together. Hopefully can hit the ground running this pre-season and play a part in the first team next year. 

Most exciting part of the Cooper appointment. They are our future!!!

I think you mean part of Chelsea’s future??

59 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

This has to be our priority, it would be incredibly galling to lose him. Braybrooke's only got another year on top of that so he needs a new 3-4 year deal minimum.

Build our team around this pair.

Seems a conundurum what to do at this point, the club may need more evidence to justify more investment. The club really should offer / arrange more significant playing opportunities in competitive football to get this evidence. 

The for at team need results, we could involve Braybrooke here, Alves has less pressure to break the first team. 

They both need to take a step, & opportunity. 

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

This has to be our priority, it would be incredibly galling to lose him. Braybrooke's only got another year on top of that so he needs a new 3-4 year deal minimum.

Build our team around this pair.

taking aside our obvious bias, if you were alves' advisors, the only reason you'd sign a new deal now is if you were concerned about picking up another injury.  Getting a potential career ending injury at 18 must elevate the desire to sign a big money deal asap (a rich six would think nothing of paying a 20yo 75k).  we aren't in a position to do that - you would think alves would be advised to sign a three year deal here at 30k. at least that sticks a few million in the bank in the event he doesn't have a good season.  if he doesn't sign anything and things go wrong for him then he could end up struggling to pick up a deal at a few grand per week elsewhere.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Kilworthfox said:

Seems a conundurum what to do at this point, the club may need more evidence to justify more investment. The club really should offer / arrange more significant playing opportunities in competitive football to get this evidence. 

The for at team need results, we could involve Braybrooke here, Alves has less pressure to break the first team. 

The issue is we won't loan out Alves if he doesn't commit to a new deal but then we might well force him in to running his contract down and leaving for free. 

2 hours ago, Kilworthfox said:

personally i’d be having a deal with a lot of clauses attached. Increased wage based on appearances etc. 

That way if they end up not being good enough they won’t activate first team player level deals. But I think both will definitely make it.  not a doubt in my mind 

21 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

personally i’d be having a deal with a lot of clauses attached. Increased wage based on appearances etc. 

That way if they end up not being good enough they won’t activate first team player level deals. But I think both will definitely make it.  not a doubt in my mind 

I'm not so sure, I hope I am incorrect. 

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

The issue is we won't loan out Alves if he doesn't commit to a new deal but then we might well force him in to running his contract down and leaving for free. 

I think he needs to dominate the u21s 

Maybe make appearances from the bench for caribao or cup games. 

11 minutes ago, Kilworthfox said:

I think he needs to dominate the u21s 

Maybe make appearances from the bench for caribao or cup games. 

He did dominate the U21s in a very disrupted season last year. Almost every game was either an assist or a goal which was far more than he did prior to his injury.

He's outgrown U21 level. Ideally a loan to a top League One or Championship club would be ideal but we are likely to have glaring gaps in our 25 man squad this season if we try and comply with PSR so he may well need to be kept and hopefully blooded. 

• Like 2