Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Development/Youth Squads 2024/2025 Thread - U18/U21

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I think this is why I'm so angered. I feel let down. The only logical reason to give the job to Cooper was the idea that he's got a great track record at academy player development. However, it appears to be one monumental myth. He's quite possibly the worst Leicester manager in that regard for as long as I can remember, despite our academy being at its most prestigious.

There's not one single redeeming quality that Cooper possesses right now for this job. If there is, can somebody please prove it to me.

Beyond playing Johnson at Forest, I'm not sure that Cooper had any great credentials to call upon regarding this and it was something I remember raising at the time of his appointment. Granted, he managed at academy level but that is still not proof of him excelling at migrating academy players into the first team. Currently, we can see it's a myth for sure. Alves must be wondering wtf is going on.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

Beyond playing Johnson at Forest, I'm not sure that Cooper had any great credentials to call upon regarding this and it was something I remember raising at the time of his appointment. Granted, he managed at academy level but that is still not proof of him excelling at migrating academy players into the first team. Currently, we can see it's a myth for sure. Alves must be wondering wtf is going on.

Yes you're right, I was far too glossy eyed not to twig on that. He did a decent job of sorts with Swansea's players coming through but think most of them had already been blooded previously. 

If Alves doesn't play vs Walsall then it's a disgrace.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Yes you're right, I was far too glossy eyed not to twig on that. He did a decent job of sorts with Swansea's players coming through but think most of them had already been blooded previously. 

If Alves doesn't play vs Walsall then it's a disgrace.

Alves needs to start. Not come on in the 75th minute.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

I think this is why I'm so angered. I feel let down. The only logical reason to give the job to Cooper was the idea that he's got a great track record at academy player development. However, it appears to be one monumental myth. He's quite possibly the worst Leicester manager in that regard for as long as I can remember, despite our academy being at its most prestigious.

There's not one single redeeming quality that Cooper possesses right now for this job. If there is, can somebody please prove it to me.

In cold harshness of it, we think he's a developer of young players. He isn't. He just happened to coach young players for England. 

Swansea 19-20: His top outfield appearance makers were Grimes, Ayew, Roberts, Bidwell & Fulton. 

20-21: Jamal Lowe, Roberts, Grimes, Ayew, Fulton. 

At time, a lot in the 24-28 bracket. 

There's examples of those two seasons where he's really patchy in playing young players - someone like Gyokeres didn't fire at all for him. Interestingly examples where young players were recalled on loan. 

Edited by CosbehFox
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

I don't think we gave him the job because of youth; you don't hire a manager based on that philosophy and then recruit players in the 30+ age bracket. 

The looming point deduction restricted us to those desperate for an opportunity to rebuild a career or get a chance at the PL level.

We probably also wanted someone who has survived in the PL before and is cheap.

Combine those elements, and you have a small list. 

So available, cheap, PL experience and wanted the job. 

16 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

I don't think we gave him the job because of youth; you don't hire a manager based on that philosophy and then recruit players in the 30+ age bracket. 

The looming point deduction restricted us to those desperate for an opportunity to rebuild a career or get a chance at the PL level.

We probably also wanted someone who has survived in the PL before and is cheap.

Combine those elements, and you have a small list. 

So available, cheap, PL experience and wanted the job. 

What I meant was, that was the only logical reason I could see that we'd given him the job, not that they had done on that basis. Either way it's not even true 😂

• Like 1

On 18/09/2024 at 04:25, Chelmofox said:

yep, it’s a misconception that a former youth coach will give youth a chance. He was just using what he could when in that job. 

He’s the worst kind of manager for a club like us. Only wants proven experience, just wants to snatch and grab results and just personifies little old leicester. we don’t want to be little old leicester, we want ambition, effort and character that’s all we ask for.  Currently we are getting effort… but that ware’s thin when you keep loosing and will drop off. 

Edited by Lambert09

On 17/09/2024 at 23:46, moore_94 said:

Nothing to do with our youth team but sounds like another Wolves youth player has caused a really serious leg injury to a Sheff Utd youth player tonight with a really bad tackle

shut that club down for endangering players imo, senior team relegated to the regional leagues with an auto 20th place finish in their current league seems fair.

On 17/09/2024 at 23:46, moore_94 said:

Nothing to do with our youth team but sounds like another Wolves youth player has caused a really serious leg injury to a Sheff Utd youth player tonight with a really bad tackle

It's Sai Sachdev; Leicester born, released by us at 13, played at Aylestone Park til 16 then joined Sheffynited.

Their forum saying it was Scott Carson's lad who's injured him.

• Sad 1