Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Development/Youth Squads 2024/2025 Thread - U18/U21

The lads from the 18s have some real promise but I’d expect plenty of results like that for the next season.

Defence is short of quality and ended up some in really weird lines/shape. 

Golding and Braybrooke both have lovely touches but failed to really make a difference. Notable these pair looked ****ed on 65…..after all they are short on game time you’d think (not to say they’ve been in plenty of behind closed doors bounce). 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Collymore said:

How's Raikhy doing? I remember a mate, who supports another team, randomly texted me to say he thought he was excellent V Bournemouth and was asking about him. At the time he was a bit of an unknown. Interesting to see how he develops. 

Jobs for the boys signing by Petty, needs to follow him out the door

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Apologies, left my phone in the car.

The hot dogs are spot on 😂

1st half I thought we looked quite tidy. Southampton were poor and were unnecessarily cynical but their physicality and superior fitness levels overpowered us 2nd half. Quite alarming how tired some of them looked, as @CosbehFox says - it was the likes of Braybrooke with cramp and Wanya that looked very weary. The 1st teams lack of matches that they were with all summer a possible cause?

I really hope Braybrooke is going on loan as he risks stagnating staying at this level, he's far too good to be still playing academy football even if he didn't really show it tonight. A top League One side or a club like Sheffield Wednesday in the Championship would be ideal.

Golding looked very lively 1st half and you can tell he comes from good stock, hopefully he's immersed in the 1st team and can learn the necessary requirements as he was holding on to the ball too long but otherwise I was impressed.

Richards looked good. Ewing was an improvement on Raikhy even though 2nd half we started to get slightly overran. Briggs was brought on for minutes in the bank but played as a very attacking left back which is not his position.

I think our most promising display was Jeremy Monga's cameo. I hadn't seen the team sheet but wondered if it might be him, he's already been in the U18s at the back end of last season aged just 15 and was very good when we beat Man City (along with Jake Evans) in the U16 cup final. Can't be having another Trey Nyoni situation on our hands if we can help it so getting him in to the U21s already is shrewd. He looked very good, was playing a bit more centrally and very nearly scored a lovely goal. The keeper made a flying top corner save from 15-20 yards.

Will be going to as many home games as I can this season.

Did you know Dawson had been given the gig? I mean we haven’t even announced he’s been hired lol. Newcastle said he was joining us as first team coach but obvs not? 

25 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Did you know Dawson had been given the gig? I mean we haven’t even announced he’s been hired lol. Newcastle said he was joining us as first team coach but obvs not? 

No, I saw it was Leon McSweeney leading them in a pre season game but tonight it was difficult to make out who was in the dugout. Huth seems to spend a fair bit of time with the U21s too but not sure if he does any coaching.

10 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

No, I saw it was Leon McSweeney leading them in a pre season game but tonight it was difficult to make out who was in the dugout. Huth seems to spend a fair bit of time with the U21s too but not sure if he does any coaching.

Huth is a supposed loans manager.... Hmmmmmm

10 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Leon was in charge last night with Matt R assisting

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ramadaone said:

Leon was in charge last night with Matt R assisting

Is that going to be a long term arrangement? They did this with Petty didn't they when Beaglehole left. He took it temporarily after being assistant and then just carried on.

1 hour ago, Cropwellfox said:

Booth is a strange one, thought he may have kicked on or at least been around the 1st team squad pre season, absolutely no sign of him anywhere. 

I watched him in a pre season game vs Barwell and he was not surprisingly the best player on the pitch. Scored a very good goal. He needs another loan move, I think he'll make it to a good standard.

Under 18s have just kicked off against West Brom

J. Donohue

O. Aluko

R. khela

K. Dyke

W. Lawrence

K. Gray

J. Evans

L. Page

L. Hutchinson

J. Monga

L. Omobolaji

L. McNab

A. Diallo

M. Adedeji

B. Kosiorek

J. King

Edited by moore_94

6 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

J. Donohue

O. Aluko

R. khela

K. Dyke

W. Lawrence

K. Gray

J. Evans

L. Page

L. Hutchinson

J. Monga

L. Omobolaji

L. McNab

A. Diallo

M. Adedeji

B. Kosiorek

J. King

That is an extremely exciting squad. Really glad they've promoted a lot of them from last seasons U16s. 

@Holly B @ramadaone are the U18 games accessible to watch? I used to go and watch them with my son at Belvoir Drive before covid hit. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

That is an extremely exciting squad. Really glad they've promoted a lot of them from last seasons U16s. 

@Holly B @ramadaone are the U18 games accessible to watch? I used to go and watch them with my son at Belvoir Drive before covid hit. 

I don’t think so

You could front it out and say you are going to watch your nephew play and see what they say at the gate

If you have your lad with you I guess that would increase your chances of getting in

After the Trey episode they are desperate to keep out unwanted Agents / Scouts which is understandable but genuine fans get caught in the crossfire

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Holly B said:

I don’t think so

You could front it out and say you are going to watch your nephew play and see what they say at the gate

If you have your lad with you I guess that would increase your chances of getting in

After the Trey episode they are desperate to keep out unwanted Agents / Scouts which is understandable but genuine fans get caught in the crossfire

Or Ric could do the “do you not know who I am” influencer thing! 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, moore_94 said:

J. Donohue

O. Aluko

R. khela

K. Dyke

W. Lawrence

K. Gray

J. Evans

L. Page

L. Hutchinson

J. Monga

L. Omobolaji

L. McNab

A. Diallo

M. Adedeji

B. Kosiorek

J. King

So Monga came on as a sub last night for the Under-21s and started today for the Under-18s? Still time for him to make Monday’s squad then…