Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Development/Youth Squads 2024/2025 Thread - U18/U21

29 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

So Alves is either due go out on loan, injured or we are just not playing him competitively due to his contract. Otherwise surely he'd be involved in games like this. 

Nah, he was with the first team squad all week and last night.

Ok, he didn’t make the bench in the end, but he was still part of the teams buildup to that fixture - so he will be doing the final bit of that overall experience which is the post game stuff.

He’ll also likely to continue to be part of the squad for Fulham, so playing in this would put him at a disadvantage in terms of that game’s preparation.

21 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Someone has to want to take them on loan.

Good shop window tonight.

It's an art to get loan moves lined up,  a loans managers key skill. Built on networking and reputation. I read time and time again the likes of Maswanhise didn't go on loan because they didn't have any suitors. Yet they easily find permanent moves and some of them do very well. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

Ok, he didn’t make the bench in the end, but he was still part of the teams buildup to that fixture - so he will be doing the final bit of that overall experience which is the post game stuff.

He’ll also likely to continue to be part of the squad for Fulham, so playing in this would put him at a disadvantage in terms of that game’s preparation.

Cooper was all about the players getting minutes in pre-season, even if they had to play out of position, yet the only player that's not done so nor gone back to the U21s to get them is Alves. 

4 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

It's an art to get loan moves lined up,  a loans managers key skill. Built on networking and reputation. I read time and time again the likes of Maswanhise didn't go on loan because they didn't have any suitors. Yet they easily find permanent moves and some of them do very well. 

You have more chance of seeing the invisible man than you have our loans manager

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

Is he even likely to be in the squad for the Fulham game?

Yeah he may be around the first team for the build up for Fulham but I doubt he will be involved, I don't think it would have been a problem at all for him to play tonight, even if it just the first half or 60 minutes

He got barely any minutes during pre-season

Edited by moore_94

1 minute ago, ramadaone said:

You have more chance of seeing the invisible man than you have our loans manager

He seems to be with the U21s on match days? Saw him at Barwell and on Friday. What's he doing with them?

Just now, moore_94 said:

Yeah he may be around the first team for the build up for Fulham but I doubt he will be involved, I don't think it would have been a problem at all for him to play tonight

Doubt it. We'll have Skipp available so that's him even further down the pecking order. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

Doubt it. We'll have Skipp available so that's him even further down the pecking order. 

Full on meltdown if he doesn't start against Tranmere next week if he hasn't gone out on loan

No reason not to

9 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Yeah he may be around the first team for the build up for Fulham but I doubt he will be involved, I don't think it would have been a problem at all for him to play tonight, even if it just the first half or 60 minutes

He got barely any minutes during pre-season

I imagine he’ll be part of the preparation squad, especially as it’s a short turnaround to the Tranmere game after that.

Whether he gets named on the bench for Fulham… probably depends on ins and outs.

Probably a fair scoreline but not an ideal way to concede a goal.

Some nice moments from the young lads tonight, especially with some notable absences.

Incredible to see Monga come on against a men's team aged 15.