Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Development/Youth Squads 2024/2025 Thread - U18/U21

13 minutes ago, lcfc sheff said:

I wonder if this new training ground is starting to pay off 

The hard work of the last decade or more. I don't care whether we are a successful Premier League team as much as I care about us being one of the best at player development through our academy.

We stand a better chance of doing the latter by being the former but it's not always how it plays out. It needs to always be one of our primary objectives.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

The hard work of the last decade or more. I don't care whether we are a successful Premier League team as much as I care about us being one of the best at player development through our academy.

We stand a better chance of doing the latter by being the former but it's not always how it plays out. It needs to always be one of our primary objectives.

I think they good hand in hand.

I'm pretty sure being a successful club help us attract a better caliber of player.

But I agree player development has at the core of our strategy.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, lcfc sheff said:

I wonder if this new training ground is starting to pay off 

Absolutely nothing to do with the new training ground as vast majority of players were there from u9's so started out at Belvoir Drive

Not saying it is a bad thing in any way just that the coaching or ethos around the Academy has not really changed since Rudkin took over. That won't suit everyones agenda but it is a fact

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, ramadaone said:

Absolutely nothing to do with the new training ground as vast majority of players were there from u9's so started out at Belvoir Drive

Not saying it is a bad thing in any way just that the coaching or ethos around the Academy has not really changed since Rudkin took over. That won't suit everyones agenda but it is a fact

Yes but the facilities are a world away from Belvoir Drive, I remember seeing Yakabu when we signed him on loan stretching in what looked like a PE hall you’d get in a secondary school. Now they’ve got over 9 pitches with indoor facilities that are immense. 

you may think the coaching is bad but we’ve produced a decent amount of footballers for the size of the club and area, things can always be better.

so what is it? Bad coaching or bad facilities? Or both? Or neither now?

This just takes us to a whole new level. 

Edited by lcfc sheff

3 hours ago, lcfc sheff said:

Yes but the facilities are a world away from Belvoir Drive, I remember seeing Yakabu when we signed him on loan stretching in what looked like a PE hall you’d get in a secondary school. Now they’ve got over 9 pitches with indoor facilities that are immense. 

you may think the coaching is bad but we’ve produced a decent amount of footballers for the size of the club and area, things can always be better.

Where did I say the coaching was bad ???

On 08/09/2024 at 13:56, lcfc sheff said:

How? 

8 hours ago, lcfc sheff said:

Did you ever actually see it? It was okay. Not state of the art like we have now

Yes, very often. 

And the new gaff. 

If you remove the superficial. It's was almost the same. 

The best thing about the new gaff, is how it appears. 

4 hours ago, Kilworthfox said:

Yes, very often. 

And the new gaff. 

If you remove the superficial. It's was almost the same. 

The best thing about the new gaff, is how it appears. 

Go on then, what’s the worst bit? :ph34r:

On 08/09/2024 at 13:09, ramadaone said:

On 08/09/2024 at 13:56, lcfc sheff said:

On 08/09/2024 at 17:06, Holly B said:

Where did I say the coaching was bad ???

HANG IT IN THE LOUVRE!!!!

This is foxestalk heritage lol 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, Kilworthfox said:

When I see posters writing on here about the next big prospect that they become excited about, this will be a teenager generally around 15/16, as you may be aware, the club is always actively recruiting, coaching and investing, over many years (probably 8 to 12) for every prospect. So naturally you are seeing the tip of the iceberg, prospect & work wise. The success comes from much grinding & unglamorous work.

I suppose it might just be a coincidence, but if we do currently have an excellent crop of youngsters aged around 16ish, and they've been at the club since they were 8, that would mean they must have started around the title winning season. Can't have hurt to have that going on at the time, must have made the club look a hell of a lot more attractive than it had previously to kids around the expanded local area.

2 hours ago, orangecity23 said:

I suppose it might just be a coincidence, but if we do currently have an excellent crop of youngsters aged around 16ish, and they've been at the club since they were 8, that would mean they must have started around the title winning season. Can't have hurt to have that going on at the time, must have made the club look a hell of a lot more attractive than it had previously to kids around the expanded local area.

Time wise you are correct. 

The players come from the city and county, but also further afield around our region where we compete with other category 1 & 2 academies. 

How we as an academy compete, isn't driven by first team success generally. 

• Like 1

Given the investment, success and focus we have had on our academy in recent years, regardless of the division we find ourselves in, we should always be targeting the promotion of 2 or 3 academy players each season into the 1st team and to be regularly involved in the matchday squad, there has to be a pathway, if we can develop a production line of homegrown talent and then sell a star player each season, this is a model that can push us on to be competitive whilst also ensuring a long term sustainable future and PSR compliance. 

But to get this model up and running we need invest in a manager and coaching team fully committed to the project, give them time and accept for the overall good of the club we may have to take 1 step back to take 2 or 3 big strides forward. The club have to be brave, back their vision and employ people that align with that philosophy. 

59 minutes ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

Given the investment, success and focus we have had on our academy in recent years, regardless of the division we find ourselves in, we should always be targeting the promotion of 2 or 3 academy players each season into the 1st team and to be regularly involved in the matchday squad, there has to be a pathway, if we can develop a production line of homegrown talent and then sell a star player each season, this is a model that can push us on to be competitive whilst also ensuring a long term sustainable future and PSR compliance. 

But to get this model up and running we need invest in a manager and coaching team fully committed to the project, give them time and accept for the overall good of the club we may have to take 1 step back to take 2 or 3 big strides forward. The club have to be brave, back their vision and employ people that align with that philosophy. 

The funny thing is, although I didn't want Cooper as manager, the one thing I thought he would have as a plus, is that he would give one or two of our talented youngsters some pitch time in the first team, and would have at least one had one on the bench each game, but he seems to have absolutely no interest in our younger players. If someone can tell me how Soumare, who has zero interest in being here, can get on the bench in front of Alves, who will be wanting to play and make his mark, then i would be very interested on the reasoning. Alves is now basically spending his time training, and hoping to get a spot on the bench for a league cup game, when if Cooper had no interest in giving him a chance, he should have been loaned out, and playing league games somewhere.  I would be fuming if I was Alves. What a waste of a talent, at least until January. 

Edited by smudger63
  • Like 4