Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Development/Youth Squads 2024/2025 Thread - U18/U21

14 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Saw the squad was announced but didn't know it was for this week.

Seems like they have 2 games this week, so I doubt those 2 were in training today. Don’t know much about de lisle either, but nice to have another in the squad 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

Maybe someone with l content or marketing knowledge can tell me, what on earth are the club doing by refusing to post information regarding the youth set up right now?

I'm your guy. There is no explanation.

League 1 and 2 clubs have dedicated social media channels for their academies, now granted that is in itself an excellent marketing tool for them to sell talent, but still, it's inexcusable. 

My only explanation would be that little Anthony got a bid sad at some of the criticism in this thread over the years and they binned off all coverage.

I'm sure if they were asked the question by yourselves or the trust they'd say they made cuts in the Championship and haven't picked it up since. In reality the streams dissapeared at about the same time things were particularly critical in this thread. 

All in all though the club are letting the young lads down, they're letting the fans down and they're switching off another easy entry point for parents who might want to show their kids some Leicester football at an acceptable time on a weeknight. 

It's one step forwards, two back. The fact that people can go to games at seagrave is great, but on the flipside they've binned off any U21 games at the KP, so unless you can be bothered to travel to seagrave and get one of the 499 tickets, you've got no chance! Once again blocking off a great entry point for that 5-8 year old market where parents want to test out how their kids get on at a match without a massive crowd.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, AjcW said:

I'm your guy. There is no explanation.

League 1 and 2 clubs have dedicated social media channels for their academies, now granted that is in itself an excellent marketing tool for them to sell talent, but still, it's inexcusable. 

My only explanation would be that little Anthony got a bid sad at some of the criticism in this thread over the years and they binned off all coverage.

I'm sure if they were asked the question by yourselves or the trust they'd say they made cuts in the Championship and haven't picked it up since. In reality the streams dissapeared at about the same time things were particularly critical in this thread. 

All in all though the club are letting the young lads down, they're letting the fans down and they're switching off another easy entry point for parents who might want to show their kids some Leicester football at an acceptable time on a weeknight. 

It's one step forwards, two back. The fact that people can go to games at seagrave is great, but on the flipside they've binned off any U21 games at the KP, so unless you can be bothered to travel to seagrave and get one of the 499 tickets, you've got no chance! Once again blocking off a great entry point for that 5-8 year old market where parents want to test out how their kids get on at a match without a massive crowd.

Thanks for the reply. I really hoped it would not be as I thought that they got all mardy over some negative replies to tweets or Rudkin outs to it.

It is disappointing on many levels like you listed but a big one for me is any sort of knowledge, excitement or buzz on a future player is now almost never going to be there.

Cuts line would be absolute bollocks if spouted. I spoke with one of the media team at Sheff Wed a while back and he said it was almost embarrassing us turning up in the Championship with the shear numbers of content team and broadly social media staff.

Just gets on your wick even more right now when we are seeing Danny Simpson scoff hotdogs over the actual football club.

Just now, SemperEadem said:

Thanks for the reply. I really hoped it would not be as I thought that they got all mardy over some negative replies to tweets or Rudkin outs to it.

It is disappointing on many levels like you listed but a big one for me is any sort of knowledge, excitement or buzz on a future player is now almost never going to be there.

Cuts line would be absolute bollocks if spouted. I spoke with one of the media team at Sheff Wed a while back and he said it was almost embarrassing us turning up in the Championship with the shear numbers of content team and broadly social media staff.

Just gets on your wick even more right now when we are seeing Danny Simpson scoff hotdogs over the actual football club.

I cannot tell you as a marketer how frustrating this club is. If I was Marketing Director, there's 10 things I could do in the first week that would completely transform the clubs relationship with the fans, maybe 8 or 9 of them wouldn't cost a penny! 

It's a curse at the weekend, I get to be angry about the result and then angry about the way they've told me about the result lol 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, AjcW said:

I think with the women playing at the KP there won’t be much appetite to have any other games there unless we go deep in a youth cup 

the effective lack of respect for the youngsters via no social media stuff is appalling - I think it says everything about what the club has become 

Edited by st albans fox
  • Like 1