Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Development/Youth Squads 2024/2025 Thread - U18/U21

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/leicester-city-notebook-fatawu-transfer-9381935

It’s expected that Richards is one of a number of young players to have signed a new deal at the club. Usually, City don’t confirm new contracts for development squad players, but it’s understood that they’re preparing an announcement where multiple deals will be announced at once.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

If they had any sense they'd be on the phone to Neil Bath and chucking what he wants at him to run our academy 

I think he's going to be a man in demand! 

He'd be perfect for us though, especially given the training ground benefits from a large catchment, much like Chelsea.

24 minutes ago, AjcW said:

I think he's going to be a man in demand! 

He'd be perfect for us though, especially given the training ground benefits from a large catchment, much like Chelsea.

We've also never properly replaced Paul McGuinness who had a similar reputation in the game and was a huge coup for us at the time.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

We've also never properly replaced Paul McGuinness who had a similar reputation in the game and was a huge coup for us at the time.

Took one look at Rudders and ****ed off lol 

Grandpa Simpson Enter Exit animated gif

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Hope so, was considered a big talent a year or two ago but seemed to stagnate the last 18 months.

That’s Petty for you, thankfully he’s gone 

Looks like Reece Evans will be going to the upcoming  u19 euros next week. Cooper should look out for him. Good to see ex LCFC defender Gareth Mcauley (he is N.ireland 19s coach) looking after Reece.

IMG_3211.jpeg

IMG_3210.jpeg

Edited by Jimopinion
  • Like 2

On 29/06/2024 at 11:01, coolhandfox said:

All good but teams have to want to take them, getting player out on loans isn't as easy as just deciding you want to loan someone out.

Other than OHL, have any of our academy players ever been loaned out in europe?  There're lots of good teams out there beyond the EFL.

On 01/07/2024 at 18:06, majaco said:

How many young players could we use in the first team squad.

Fatawu will looks a definite.   Nelson a probable.   It depends who we sign whether Alves or Braybrooke would  fit better.

Huth might be busy arranging loaning out young players.

Would imagine Nelson is the most likely candidate to be loaned out, given his age, experience and quality - and that we're overstocked at CB.

19 hours ago, Lillehamring said:

Other than OHL, have any of our academy players ever been loaned out in europe?  There're lots of good teams out there beyond the EFL.

I seem to recall George Thomas went out on loan to ADO Den Haag (under Alan Pardew no less). Probably a bit of a stretch including him since he had played 45 odd games for Coventry before we signed him - but he did then just sit in our development squad side for pretty much his entire tenure with us.

Being extremely loose with "loaned out in Europe", Harry Panayiotou and Andy King were loaned out to Raith Rovers and Rangers, respectively, in Europe. :D Albeit, King was at the other end of his career!

• Like 1

I’ve visualised this a fair bit but would love to see one of braybrooke, alves or Nelson get in an England squad in the next two years. Nelson we’ve already seen is a decent prospect and ready for starting the odd game for us; but think most deem the other two our most promising prospects. They’re at that age where we either show faith or loan them out but I can’t help but feel they are better than that.

4 minutes ago, lcfc sheff said:

I’ve visualised this a fair bit but would love to see one of braybrooke, alves or Nelson get in an England squad in the next two years. Nelson we’ve already seen is a decent prospect and ready for starting the odd game for us; but think most deem the other two our most promising prospects. They’re at that age where we either show faith or loan them out but I can’t help but feel they are better than that.

Both would have to become first choice picks for us and we’d need to stay in the prem for this to be even a little bit possible. 

they’ve both got everything to prove at championship level, never mind higher up. 

The only player I can think of recently who came into England’s first team squad from nowhere (as in hardly known as a first team player)  is mainoo.    As far as squad is concerned you could look at Wharton. we’ll see if he retains his place. we are short in that area of holding midfield/tempo player. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Both would have to become first choice picks for us and we’d need to stay in the prem for this to be even a little bit possible. 

they’ve both got everything to prove at championship level, never mind higher up. 

The only player I can think of recently who came into England’s first team squad from nowhere (as in hardly known as a first team player)  is mainoo.    As far as squad is concerned you could look at Wharton. we’ll see if he retains his place. we are short in that area of holding midfield/tempo player. 

I can see it with their skill set. Especially braybrooke but like you say we’ll see