Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Development/Youth Squads 2024/2025 Thread - U18/U21

On 06/08/2024 at 16:54, Foxes1 said:

Do they do tickets for the U-21's looking at the Southampton game at Seagrave, if so how do you go about getting them looking at taking the 2 grandkids down.

They do. They’re listed on the site under development squad tickets. Not sure if any are out yet haven’t looked! 

It’s good for the youngsters. Nice to ease them in to a 90 min game. 

46 minutes ago, K789 said:

Alves still holding out then, jees

23 minutes ago, lanefox said:

Notable omission 

I imagine if Alves signed a new deal he would get his own post rather than in with all the other kids who have

• Like 1

Do we know anything about when a tribunal date is? Pending how close we were, could be pretty important with our finances to get some £ into the previous PL year’s accounts. 

4 minutes ago, Noahfence said:

I know loans don’t usually happen till late on in the window but who are the youth players that should be getting EFL loans? I think Wanya is definitely one. 

All of them, they have absolutely no shirt term future here under Steve Cooper.

Braybrooke and Wanya badly need minutes at their age. Logan Briggs would benefit from a year in League One as well.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

All of them, they have absolutely no shirt term future here under Steve Cooper.

Braybrooke and Wanya badly need minutes at their age. Logan Briggs would benefit from a year in League One as well.

Cooper does youth development... Has there been any youth development since we crucified Luke Thomas?? 

Get these lads decent loans, give them experience and bring them back for first team or sell them for profit. Not doing anyone any favours, especially the youth! 

4 hours ago, Stormfox said:

Cooper does youth development... Has there been any youth development since we crucified Luke Thomas?? 

Get these lads decent loans, give them experience and bring them back for first team or sell them for profit. Not doing anyone any favours, especially the youth! 

Only really Kasey 

On 12/08/2024 at 06:34, Ric Flair said:

Cooper wouldn't play him

*Leicester City wouldn't play him. Would probably rot in the youth teams for too long before being given a chance. As gutting as it is to see such a talent play for somebody else, it's more frustrating to know that he's got more chance of breaking into one of the best teams in the country than he would have done here.

So… who have we realistically got that could conceivably play a part this season.

It seemed clear to me from the bits of pre-season action Alves got that he should be highly involved with the first team this year.

I’ve not seen enough of Golding to be able to take a view.

Ben Nelson looked decent when he played last year.

There’s McAteer and Wanya who - yeah, not exceptional.

I wasn’t convinced by Brandon Cover or Arjan Raikhy from the bits we saw last year.

I know there’s some hope from a few in here around Braybrooke.

And Jakub - but we have Mads, so, not so much an issue there anyway.

Is there anyone I’ve missed off that might have enough about them to grab an unexpected chance and surprise us?