Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Fabio Carvalho

5 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Okoli really is a frivolous waste if that's the case re: budget. We are bad at this.

The claim that we only have around £20m left is clearly nonsense. We know that we were willing to spend about that on Soule so we are to believe that he was to be our only other signing? 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Scotch said:

The claim that we only have around £20m left is clearly nonsense. We know that we were willing to spend about that on Soule so we are to believe that he was to be our only other signing? 

This. I have no idea why so many seem to think we are skint. We have more than enough for at least a couple of decent signings. KP have never been stingy when it comes to splashing the cash, although we still need to be cautious re psr etc.

Obviously we are not going to bid for every player we get linked with, and more than likely somebody will arrive out of the blue with little or no previous noise. 

I tend to think that most of the links are speculation and agent stories simply to push a players profile/price up and, in most cases we have no legitimate interest but are happy that it provides  smokescreen for our real targets.

• Haha 2

On 07/08/2024 at 13:48, Scotch said:

Last January we went as far as having a player come over for a medical only to not go ahead, so rumoured bids doesnt mean an intent to spend.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Chrysalis said:

Last January we went as far as having a player come over for a medical only to not go ahead, so rumoured bids doesnt mean an intent to spend.

That was due to an ankle injury though not money, right?

1 hour ago, Nick said:

That was due to an ankle injury though not money, right?

Even though we got promoted, we had to sell KDH and lose Enzo to avoid a second points deduction. 

We probably wouldn't have done the Sensi deal anyway. 

Why do we not bring in 3 class players rather than sign 5-6 very average players , are kids would learn so much more from players with pedigree not players on there last legs 

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, Bptiger said:

Why do we not bring in 3 class players rather than sign 5-6 very average players , are kids would learn so much more from players with pedigree not players on there last legs 

I’d write to the club with your suggestion if I was you. Sign class players instead of average players is a great idea.

• Haha 3

On 06/08/2024 at 15:06, Pliskin said:

I’ve heard he only wants Roma.

No think you heard wrong bud said he only wants to Roma bout Leicester’s lovely country side to see if he could find a nice little English Cottage !:ph34r:🤷‍♂️🤦‍♂️

2 hours ago, los dedos said:

Too late pal, i already wrote to Cooper about that.  I also told him to score more goals than the other team .

Excellent, recon we replicate 15/16 now.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Even though we got promoted, we had to sell KDH and lose Enzo to avoid a second points deduction. 

We probably wouldn't have done the Sensi deal anyway. 

We were prepared to do it as far as I’m aware. Idiocy or not financially. It wasn’t the money strangely that prevented it, it’s well documented now that it was the scan and the ankle injury - hence the subsequent operation - unless you know different?

Nobody has a clue how much we have or haven't got to spend. 6 months ago we were under embargoes and are still at huge risk of deductions because of our abysmal accounting and nothing has changed since those charges.

2 minutes ago, Sankey93 said:

Ffs what are we playing at! 

we probably didnt want to go to 20mil(probably will go up higher than that with the add ons, then liverpool more than likely have a sell on or buy back clause in it too)