Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Fabio Carvalho

1 minute ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

I like Carvalho but I worry Liverpool are going to want over £20m and he’s not worth that in my opinion. 

I do wonder whether we are looking at spending £20m on a couple of players or just the one. Him and Asprilla would be very good business with resale value and would give you depth in the 3 behind the striker with Fatawu, Stephy, Reid, Carvalho and Asprilla.

They vaule him at 25 million 

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, AKCJ said:

Definitely shouldn't be looking anywhere near him.

Why not? Did you say the same thing about Vardy? Domestic-based/comes from the lower Leagues, late bloomer, hungry to prove a point and looking to play in the Premier League?

Edited by Iran

1 hour ago, Iran said:

Why not? Did you say the same thing about Vardy? Domestic-based/comes from the lower Leagues, late bloomer, hungry to prove a point and looking to play in the Premier League?

This argument gets said again and again, Vardy is literally a once in a generation player, can’t really think of any others who have done it like he has. 

Szmodics is 29 in about 7 weeks, we’ll give him a 4/5 year deal and be stuck with him at 33/34 on silly money. 

He might go on to be class and play till he’s 37 banging them in, but the chances of that are tiny, is it really a risk we should be taking with the club in the financial state it is?

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

This argument gets said again and again, Vardy is literally a once in a generation player, can’t really think of any others who have done it like he has. 

Szmodics is 29 in about 7 weeks, we’ll give him a 4/5 year deal and be stuck with him at 33/34 on silly money. 

He might go on to be class and play till he’s 37 banging them in, but the chances of that are tiny, is it really a risk we should be taking with the club in the financial state it is?

The alternative is a 21 year old Fofana (who'd probably be a downgrade on both Daka and Cannon if we're being honest) that we are being linked to and his C.V. indicates that his only real success came from the Norwegian leagues and didn't really have much to show for in the Bundesliga or the Premier League.

We need experience, a proven goalscorer. Otherwise, we invite the chance of relegation without having the necessary experience and will cost and harm the club way more!

Edited by Iran
  • Like 2

38 minutes ago, Iran said:

The alternative is a 21 year old Fofana (who'd probably be a downgrade on both Daka and Cannon if we're being honest) that we are being linked to and his C.V. indicates that his only real success came from the Norwegian leagues and didn't really have much to show for in the Bundesliga or the Premier League.

We need experience, a proven goalscorer. Otherwise, we invite the chance of relegation without having the necessary experience and will cost and harm the club way more!

I don’t think Fofana is good by any stretch but 9 goals in 20 games for Burnley is decent. I can’t see any of our current strikers getting 10 goals in 38 PL games, even if they started most of them. 

I fancy Fofana to get 12+ if he gets 38 or so games. 

1 hour ago, Iran said:

Jesus, a downgrade to Daka? Does such a thing exist? You’d only need a pair of functioning legs to be an upgrade on Daka……

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

I don’t think Fofana is good by any stretch but 9 goals in 20 games for Burnley is decent. I can’t see any of our current strikers getting 10 goals in 38 PL games, even if they started most of them. 

I fancy Fofana to get 12+ if he gets 38 or so games. 

9 in 20?

he got 4 in 15

'Leicester enter race to sign Liverpool's Carvalho'

Sky Sports News' Lyall Thomas has the latest:

Leicester are keen on Liverpool winger Fabio Carvalho

They were interested in January when they were in the Championship but he chose to join Hull on loan instead. 

Southampton have had a £15m bid rejected already.

Other clubs from abroad also want to sign him.

So he chose Hull over us last season when we were favoutites to get promotion and had arguably a top up and coming manager. 

Now we're favourites for relegation and have a manager who isn't viewed the same as Maresca. 

Not sure this is going to happen. 

1 minute ago, Groby_Blue said:

So he chose Hull over us last season when we were favoutites to get promotion and had arguably a top up and coming manager. 

Now we're favourites for relegation and have a manager who isn't viewed the same as Maresca. 

Did we really go in for him though or did were we just interested 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Groby_Blue said:

Guaranteed starter at Hull where as he probably wouldn’t have been with us

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Iran said:

He's not a downgrade on Cannon though is he? Another player raised to mythical standards by the Leicester fanbase when he's not playing. Cannon couldn't get a look in when we were in the Championship - he got 2 goals in 13 games in the Champ. Fofana has at least got 4 goals in 15 in the prem, only 10 of those were starts too. And while we're at it, it took Daka 30 games to get 4 prem goals the last time we were in the league.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Groby_Blue said:

I'm pretty sure it was Liverpool who chose Hull over us, and not entirely down to the player, due to minutes on the pitch

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Groby_Blue said:

I'm sure the main factor in his decision for a loan move in Jan was game time. He had a lot more chance of playing minutes at hull than he did at Leicester with Dewsbury-hall, ndidi, yunnis, Kasey all in his position.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

I think the reason we didn't get Carvalho is that we couldn't pay the loan fee due to PSR restrictions. Look at how we couldn't pay 2M to get Stefano Sensi over the line as evidence for that. It was a shame as I think him coming in would have prevented the slump we went on.

That wasn't the reason

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

That wasn't the reason

What was the reason then?

This was what was reported by multiple outlets:

https://www.getfootballnewsitaly.com/2024/why-leicester-citys-move-for-inters-stefano-sensi-collapsed/

It is stated that Sensi did have a medical with Leicester in England and it proved to be a successful one. But after that, the move didn’t progress due to FFP issues at the Foxes’ end.

Leicester were not able to complete the permanent signing as FFP didn’t allow for that to happen. Sensi will now return to Milan and would be available to Simone Inzaghi’s side till the end of the season, with his current contract at the Nerazzurri expiring in the summer transfer window.

45 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

What was the reason then?

This was what was reported by multiple outlets:

https://www.getfootballnewsitaly.com/2024/why-leicester-citys-move-for-inters-stefano-sensi-collapsed/

It is stated that Sensi did have a medical with Leicester in England and it proved to be a successful one. But after that, the move didn’t progress due to FFP issues at the Foxes’ end.

Leicester were not able to complete the permanent signing as FFP didn’t allow for that to happen. Sensi will now return to Milan and would be available to Simone Inzaghi’s side till the end of the season, with his current contract at the Nerazzurri expiring in the summer transfer window.

According to Rob Tanner in the Athletic last month: Part of the reason the move collapsed was because an ankle issue showed up during the 28-year-old midfielder’s medical, and LCFC wanted to add an injury clause to the terms in case the problem worsened. 

I think it had more to do with the club's failure to agree on terms rather than with our lack of money. 

• Like 1