Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Fabio Carvalho

If we get Carvalho and Fofana we can hope. But we also need a spine. So he needs to decide who his soldiers are and fire them up. If its Hermansen, Justin, Ricardo, Coady, Faes, Ndidi, Vardy Mavi, Fatawu then they need to play 90% of games and properly lay down their lives for the cause. 

Personally there is more fight in Mavi and Fatawu than 90% of the squad so I'd use that if I were Cooper and put them where they can do the most box to box work they can. They are both good defensively from the front and so if he tucks them in to protect us being done down the middle too often then so be it.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

Most I would probably feel comfortable the club paying before it becomes an overpay is £18m plus add ons. £25m seems very steep.

If he comes here and has a cracking season in a struggling side though, we will get 25m back for him absolutely no problem should we need to offload. 

Flip side of that is, if we do end up Yo-Yo'ing, we take him down to the Champ with us and he is one of the best players in the league. 25mil sounds steep, but in reality for an attacking player it's probably not when you think about it.

If we are serious on this one and had around the ballpark fee for Soule we should just stop tyre kicking and get him in. He's clearly a very talented kid and the Prem will be his level. Take him for a season and see where we are at the end of it. I can't see his value dropping off a cliff unless we really, really stink the Prem out. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, CaliFOXnia said:

If he comes here and has a cracking season in a struggling side though, we will get 25m back for him absolutely no problem should we need to offload. 

Flip side of that is, if we do end up Yo-Yo'ing, we take him down to the Champ with us and he is one of the best players in the league. 25mil sounds steep, but in reality for an attacking player it's probably not when you think about it.

If we are serious on this one and had around the ballpark fee for Soule we should just stop tyre kicking and get him in. He's clearly a very talented kid and the Prem will be his level. Take him for a season and see where we are at the end of it. I can't see his value dropping off a cliff unless we really, really stink the Prem out. 

Some rather big if’s there 

17 minutes ago, Countesthorpe Fox 1884 12 said:

Some rather big if’s there 

The only "if" is should he not cut it in the Prem, which is probably why I included the bit about . "we take him down to the Champ with us and he is one of the best players in the league" - which we clearly know from his time at Hull, he has the capabilty to be. And that's highly likely to be where we start the 25/26 season. 

There's risk in any transfer, it's the nature of the beast. However, I think we'd all be more comfortable having Carvalho for what could possibly be a season in the Prem (and if we manage to stay up, the likelihood is that he's been a success and could go again for a profit), and taking him down for another shot at getting back up at the first time of asking. 

In either situation, I don't think 25m is a massive outlay and I'd be comfortable if we pay that for him. 

Let's be fair, at the minute, what's the alternative.. 

Edited by CaliFOXnia

8 hours ago, FosseSpark said:

If we get Carvalho and Fofana we can hope. But we also need a spine. So he needs to decide who his soldiers are and fire them up. If its Hermansen, Justin, Ricardo, Coady, Faes, Ndidi, Vardy Mavi, Fatawu then they need to play 90% of games and properly lay down their lives for the cause. 

Personally there is more fight in Mavi and Fatawu than 90% of the squad so I'd use that if I were Cooper and put them where they can do the most box to box work they can. They are both good defensively from the front and so if he tucks them in to protect us being done down the middle too often then so be it.

I don't know about lay down their lives, but you can guarantee that JJ will consistently give the ball to the opposition then Faes, after 65 minutes will mince about and lose concentration for the rest of the game!

For me JJ is at best a squad player on the right and we could do with Faes gone for a bit of dosh ... but who on earth would want him?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, DezFox said:

Not happening, Can’t afford him according to athletic. Don’t forget we have spent 12 mill on a 6th centre back! 😂😂 horrific. 

the intention was always to do a loan with obligation/ option, wasn’t it?

Edited by MPH
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, DezFox said:

Not happening, Can’t afford him according to athletic. Don’t forget we have spent 12 mill on a 6th centre back! 😂😂 horrific. 

That's not what the Athletic says.

Tanner says that we can't afford Nelson and MAY have similar issues with Carvalho but it's not confirmed. Fossehub has posted incorrectly about the article. 

According to Tanner we have only got 10 quid left in our transfer kitty and as the chances of us receiving any fees for anyone are extremely remote.  Close thread.

18 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

According to Tanner we have only got 10 quid left in our transfer kitty and as the chances of us receiving any fees for anyone are extremely remote.  Close thread.

Close the transfer section if that's the case. 

Edited by Scotch
  • Like 1

Guest Chocolate Teapot
32 minutes ago, lcfc_forever said:

That's not what the Athletic says.

Tanner says that we can't afford Nelson and MAY have similar issues with Carvalho but it's not confirmed. Fossehub has posted incorrectly about the article. 

Really?

Screenshot_20240807_122151_Chrome.jpg

14 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Really?

Screenshot_20240807_122151_Chrome.jpg

Here's the exact quote, so yes, really:
Arsenal’s Reiss Nelson was another they enquired about, but it quickly became apparent he would be beyond their budget. They have been linked with Liverpool’s Fabio Carvalho at Liverpool but may encounter a similar situation, while his team-mate and 18-year-old forward Ben Doak remains a target.

Guest Chocolate Teapot
Just now, lcfc_forever said:

Here's the exact quote, so yes, really:
Arsenal’s Reiss Nelson was another they enquired about, but it quickly became apparent he would be beyond their budget. They have been linked with Liverpool’s Fabio Carvalho at Liverpool but may encounter a similar situation, while his team-mate and 18-year-old forward Ben Doak remains a target.

I've just screenshotted the exact quote for you

Just now, Chocolate Teapot said:

I've just screenshotted the exact quote for you

And I've just copied the exact quote for you, read the whole article. There's a difference between a deal being unlikely (Carvalho) and off (Nelson). 

Edited by lcfc_forever

Guest Chocolate Teapot
1 minute ago, lcfc_forever said:

And I've just copied the exact quote for you, read the whole article. There's a difference between a deal being unlikely (Carvalho) and off (Nelson). 

I have. It's says were already 3/4 through our budget so I think it's fair to say we probably can't afford him.

1 minute ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

I have. It's says were already 3/4 through our budget so I think it's fair to say we probably can't afford him.

Probably is different to certainty - that's the point I'm making. Read other posters say it's definitely off.

The only positive interpretation of Tanner's comments is he's not understood amortisation, but that would be optimistic!