Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FoxesTalker

Clappers

Just moving away from the current talking points, any word on whether the club will continue to hand out clappers in the concourses next season? I created a similar thread last summer and my viewpoint remains the same, they bring shame on the club's reputation and have no place at a football ground. I'm not sure enough people realise how degrading clappers actually are, but purely from an atmosphere angle, there will be even less of a need for them next season with our backs against the wall.

My plea to LCFC would be to stop wasting money on clappers and to focus more on other ways to maximise the home atmosphere, such as investment in safe standing.

• Haha 2

Clappers v Safe Standing - In your dreams

I think the flags are worse than the clappers they are pointless and add nothing at least the clappers allow fans they can't or don't sing like kids and older people to contribute to the noise.

• Like 1

They are going to create an App that you can download.... press the button on your phone it immediatrely plays a 15 second cardboard clapper sound alike. 

Now im worried that they will actually do this (and charge $25 for it) :)

• Haha 3

55 minutes ago, AlexFT said:

Just moving away from the current talking points, any word on whether the club will continue to hand out clappers in the concourses next season? I created a similar thread last summer and my viewpoint remains the same, they bring shame on the club's reputation and have no place at a football ground. I'm not sure enough people realise how degrading clappers actually are, but purely from an atmosphere angle, there will be even less of a need for them next season with our backs against the wall.

My plea to LCFC would be to stop wasting money on clappers and to focus more on other ways to maximise the home atmosphere, such as investment in safe standing.

The move to handing them out rather than under your seat was positive. Can't say I even notice the clappers anymore. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AlexFT said:

if that is your biggest issue with the club then you need to open your eyes a little wider. 

Now they are optional and not on every seat it really doesnt matter. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, AlexFT said:

"Brought shame on the Club" and "degrading" what?!!

I can think of more obnoxious things going on inside the stadium one being individuals vaping surreptitiously and another being monotonous, moronic chanting.

Some people in this fanbase really need to f*×#ing grow up sometimes, why does noone ever think of the disabled or arthritic that want to clap or join in but can't ..Clappers help them do that plus they're just flipping cardboard wacking on your hand etc jesus christ 😅 whats the big bloody deal about it?! So childish man and who cares what any other fanbase thinks.  

2 hours ago, AjcW said:

I think you could of made your point without “bring shame” and “degrading”

Its folded cardboard not public flogging lol 

Depends if you smack someone with a clapper 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, AlexFT said:

Eaxctly.

Save money on this as we need to waste it on the CE paying sub standard players loads of money a week.:thumbup:

You wait until you see the football. 

40 minutes ago, David Hankey said:

"Brought shame on the Club" and "degrading" what?!!

I can think of more obnoxious things going on inside the stadium one being individuals vaping surreptitiously and another being monotonous, moronic chanting.

or the queues of lads going into the bogs at HT for a sniff against Rennes on a tuesday night :ulloa:

They do not bring shame stop with these stupid comments if you are that bothered about what fans of other clubs have to say you need to get a grip. If it wasn't the clappers they would just make fun of something else.

What the clappers fo is get people who wouldn't normally join in the atmosphere to join in and that can only be a good thing IMO.

That being said there are arguments against them that do make sense such as enviromental/cost but I don't think that they outweigh getting people involved that wouldn't normally at the moment

How on earth does it bring shame lol

I think shame and degrading is a bit strong but they are embarrassing, especially when no other club is doing it. There’s just zero need for them but whilst people still use them and like them, the club will still put them out.