Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ryy

OH Leuven Thread 24/25

27 minutes ago, lfu said:

Any word on the transfer fee? I saw €1.5m rumoured earlier which does seem a bit low

23 minutes ago, Ryy said:

He was out of contract in the summer so would explain the smaller fee

Presumably, Hertha made a bid of 1.5M a while ago but (if I understand correctly) we played hardball, so I'm assuming it'll be somewhere between 2 and 3M. No official figures though. Either way, he needed to go as he didn't want to sign a new deal and we're done with letting players that can command a decent fee (like Tamari) leave on a free. 

Been a good transfer window so far, great net positive and a stronger squad nontheless. Sold for 13-14M worth of players (including 5M for Keita), and spent 3.7M. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, KlaaZ said:

Presumably, Hertha made a bid of 1.5M a while ago but (if I understand correctly) we played hardball, so I'm assuming it'll be somewhere between 2 and 3M. No official figures though. Either way, he needed to go as he didn't want to sign a new deal and we're done with letting players that can command a decent fee (like Tamari) leave on a free. 

Been a good transfer window so far, great net positive and a stronger squad nontheless. Sold for 13-14M worth of players (including 5M for Keita), and spent 3.7M. 

Any other players or positions you are rumoured to be after?

7 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Any other players or positions you are rumoured to be after?

Advanced talks with Heaton, 38-year old backup GK from United. According to the article, he would be looking for more regular football but I'm curious if he will find that with us as Tobe Leysen has just been amazing since his arrival. Apart from that, it's quiet but the last few years we've been very good at not disclosing anything until the deal is nearly done. Unless we're looking to promote some youngsters (Mboko for Thorsteinsson, Souanga for Pletinckx), I'd assuming that both of them will need a replacement. 

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, KlaaZ said:

Advanced talks with Heaton, 38-year old backup GK from United. According to the article, he would be looking for more regular football but I'm curious if he will find that with us as Tobe Leysen has just been amazing since his arrival. Apart from that, it's quiet but the last few years we've been very good at not disclosing anything until the deal is nearly done. Unless we're looking to promote some youngsters (Mboko for Thorsteinsson, Souanga for Pletinckx), I'd assuming that both of them will need a replacement. 

Don’t think Heaton is true at all the account has 2 followers 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, lfu said:

Any word on the transfer fee? I saw €1.5m rumoured earlier which does seem a bit low

1.5m indeed.

A bit low, but as Ryy said he would've been out of contract next summer and would've left for free because he didn't want to sign a new deal with OHL

27 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Good deal, both for him and the club. Would have liked a bit more cash, but he's still not a finished product imo. The 20% on future sale could potentially be big though, as I can see him moving on for at least 10-15M in the future.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, moore_94 said:

Great 2-0 win for Leuven against Standard Liege

Still unbeaten after 6 games and currently 5th

90 minutes of one way traffic, could/should have been four or five really. Great all round performance, despite not getting a clear penalty and a referee that was just plain sub standard in general.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Results and standings after round 6

Genk 1-0 Westerlo
KV Mechelen 5-2 Charleroi
Beerschot 1-2 Dender
OH Leuven 2-0 Standard Liège
Club Brugge 3-0 Cercle Brugge
Gent 1-1 Antwerp
USG 0-0 Anderlecht
Kortrijk 1-1 St. Truidense

image.thumb.png.d4bb02eb188f2e5eb3e9c4d307c528a9.png

Fixtures for round 7

Friday September 13th

Dender - Standard Liège

Saturday September 14th

Cercle Brugge - Genk
Kortrijk - Club Brugge
Antwerp - USG

Sunday September 15th

Anderlecht - Westerlo
St. Truidense - OH Leuven
Charleroi - Beerschot
Gent - KV Mechelen
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 01/09/2024 at 08:48, KlaaZ said:

90 minutes of one way traffic, could/should have been four or five really. Great all round performance, despite not getting a clear penalty and a referee that was just plain sub standard in general.

A common theme this week it seems.

I'm in Leuven next week. I shall be paying a visit to my favourite haunts - Reynaert, Metafoor, Blauwe Kater, Libertad - but if any Leuven ale drinkers have other suggestions let me know. (I assume Fiere Margriet is still closed). Considering Malz and Leuven Central too but not been to those before.

Cheers.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Permafrost said:

A common theme this week it seems.

Mainly it was this. No idea how that's not a penalty.

https://fb.watch/umV-d-hqBl/

Can't help you on the bars unfortunately, rarely drink anymore. You could try Café Sport at the train station, co-owned by a former legend of ours, Bjorn Ruytinx.

3 hours ago, AjcW said:

Have Dender had some investment? Another one of those 2 promotions on 3 years clubs. 

Owned by some Indonesian businessman, but as far as I'm aware he wants to sell the club. They've mainly done well to get two excellent managers (first Timmy Simons, who is now doing great with Westerlo) and this season with Vincent Euvrard. Mostly relying on (excellent) bargain deals, a good tactical organization and as far as I can see a fair bit of luck. 

16 minutes ago, lcfc sheff said:

I’m very happy to see you guys doing well this season so far. I still don’t get our relationship one bit

We have the same owner. That's pretty much it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, KlaaZ said:

Can't help you on the bars unfortunately, rarely drink anymore. You could try Café Sport at the train station, co-owned by a former legend of ours, Bjorn Ruytinx.

Ah yes, Cafe Sport, I know well. It's near the hotel I stay in, so I do pop in there. And when going to Het Depot for a gig. Thanks.

• Like 2

Two new players on the radar, a defender and a winger.

Hasan Kuruçay - Player profile | Transfermarkt

Stefan Mitrović - Player profile 24/25 | Transfermarkt

Kuruçay was a pivotal player for Braunsweig in the Bundesliga 2 for the past two years. Was wanted by several promising clubs, which is why he didn't renew his contract there, but still not picked up. Mitrovic was very good at Red Star apparently. Signed by Hellas Verona during the last winter window, played 10 games in the Serie A but they brought in several new players in his position which is why he wants to move clubs. The latter would be a loan with option, supposedly 4M.

• Like 2

The transfer window in Belgium is now closed. A little summary of the incoming and outgoing deals we did this summer:

IN (€ 3.700.000)

Oscar Gil (26, RB) free signing
Takuma Ominoma (26, CB) on loan with option to buy from Kawasaki Frontale
Antef Tsoungui (21, CB) on loan from Feyenoord
Hasan Kurucay (27, CB) free signing
Takahiro Akimoto (26, LB) €750.000 from Uruwa Reds (was already with us on loan with option to buy last season)
Birger Verstraete (29; CDM) €200.000 from Aris Saloniki
William Balikwisha (25, CAM/LW) €650.000 from Standard Liège
Suphanat Mueanta (22, RW) on loan with option to buy from Buriram Utd
Stefan Mitrovic (23, LW) on loan with option to buy from Hellas Verona
Mickaël Biron (27, ST) on loan (€300.000 loan fee) with obligation to buy with conditions from RWDM
Chukwubuikem Ikwuemesi (23, ST) €1.800.000 from Salernitana

OUT (€11.950.000)

Valentin Cojocaru ((28, GK) €400.000 to Pogon Stettin after being there on loan last season
Nordin Jackers (26, GK) €150.000 to Club Brugge after being there on loan last season
Oregan Ravet (22, GK) out of contract
Richie Sagrado (20, RB) €2.000.000 to Venezia
Joël Schingtienne (22, CB) €3.000.000 to Venezia
Pierre-Yves Ngawa (32, CB) free transfer to RFC Liège
Florian Miguel (27, LB) free transfer to Burgos
Scotty Sadzoute (26, LB) out of contract
Mandela Keita (22, CDM) €5.000.000 to Antwerp after being there on loan last season
Kento Misao (28, CDM) free transfer to Kashima Antlers
Joren Dom (32, CDM) free transfer to Anderlecht Futures
Sofian Kiyine (26, CM) contract terminated
Emmanuel Toku (24, CAM) on loan to AEL Limassol
Jon Thorsteinsson (26, LW) €1.400.000 to Hertha Berlin

Yohan Mboko (18; LW) on loan with obligation to buy with conditions to Lecce U20

Nachon Nsingi ( 23, ST) on loan with option to buy to Dunkerque
Jonatan Braut Brunes (23, ST) on loan with option to buy to Rakow

Edited by Bonanza
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, Bonanza said:

The transfer window in Belgium is now closed. A little summary of the incoming and outgoing deals we did this summer:

IN (€ 3.700.000)

Oscar Gil (26, RB) free signing
Takuma Ominoma (26, CB) on loan with option to buy from Kawasaki Frontale
Antef Tsoungui (21, CB) on loan from Feyenoord
Hasan Kurucay (27, CB) free signing
Takahiro Akimoto (26, LB) €750.000 from Uruwa Reds (was already with us on loan with option to buy last season)
Birger Verstraete (29; CDM) €200.000 from Aris Saloniki
William Balikwisha (25, CAM/LW) €650.000 from Standard Liège
Suphanat Mueanta (22, RW) on loan with option to buy from Buriram Utd
Stefan Mitrovic (23, LW) on loan with option to buy from Hellas Verona
Mickaël Biron (27, ST) on loan (€300.000 loan fee) with obligation to buy with conditions from RWDM
Chukwubuikem Ikwuemesi (23, ST) €1.800.000 from Salernitana

OUT (€11.950.000)

Valentin Cojocaru ((28, GK) €400.000 to Pogon Stettin after being there on loan last season
Nordin Jackers (26, GK) €150.000 to Club Brugge after being there on loan last season
Oregan Ravet (22, GK) out of contract
Richie Sagrado (20, RB) €2.000.000 to Venezia
Joël Schingtienne (22, CB) €3.000.000 to Venezia
Pierre-Yves Ngawa (32, CB) free transfer to RFC Liège
Florian Miguel (27, LB) free transfer to Burgos
Scotty Sadzoute (26, LB) out of contract
Mandela Keita (22, CDM) €5.000.000 to Antwerp after being there on loan last season
Kento Misao (28, CDM) free transfer to Kashima Antlers
Joren Dom (32, CDM) free transfer to Anderlecht Futures
Sofian Kiyine (26, CM) contract terminated
Emmanuel Toku (24, CAM) on loan to AEL Limassol
Jon Thorsteinsson (26, LW) €1.400.000 to Hertha Berlin

Yohan Mboko (18; LW) on loan with obligation to buy with conditions to Lecce U20

Nachon Nsingi ( 23, ST) on loan with option to buy to Dunkerque
Jonatan Braut Brunes (23, ST) on loan with option to buy to Rakow

Profit (so far) and unbeaten (so far) someone seems to be doing a good job for you.