Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CrazyKopCorner

England Vs Slovakia - 5pm Kick Off Sunday 30th June 2024

24 minutes ago, Royston. said:

shouldnt play even if available, has been ineffective and thats putting it kindly:P

Bellingham has been the same, Kane and Trippier to name a few. 

I have a better idea. Drop all 11 (including Pickford who is due a huge mistake Carrius style). 

England  will win.

The nation gets all excited.

It's coming home in full force, lose next round to a team not made of players who play their trade as part time builders and plumbers!

1 hour ago, Fear Of The Fox said:

I don't think Foden is starting on Sunday? He'll be back either Saturday or Sunday morning. A player that has missed pre match preparation and training shouldn't be in the squad. 

Bloke needs to get his priorities right.

Oh wait, he has.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Fear Of The Fox said:

I didn't say he isn't actually available. I said he shouldn't be available. The lad is still in England with a projected earlier return to the squad on Saturday. He's going to miss almost all the training and pre game preparation. 

Ofc there's a big chance this team's training is just 5h sessions in EA FC24 and 6h sessions in Tik Tok.

Foden is flying back to Germany tonight ao he can play on Sunday.

Bore game coming I fear again, imagine going out Sunday to Slovakia. Southgate honesty may have to emigrate to Australia for his own safety, the tournament and performances in general but losing to lowly Slovakia, wow never mind beer cups being lobbed out at him could end up being tomato's at Stansted.  

• Haha 2

After the first 7 or 8 games being absolute belters the general quality in the tournament has gone to the absolute dogs. A lot of that is down to the format which absolutely encourages negative football as so many teams progress. Only 1 or 2 teams have actually looked good, Austria and Spain the only 2 that spring to mind. England, France, Belgium, Italy and a few more of the fancied nations have to massively improve.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

After the first 7 or 8 games being absolute belters the general quality in the tournament has gone to the absolute dogs. A lot of that is down to the format which absolutely encourages negative football as so many teams progress. Only 1 or 2 teams have actually looked good, Austria and Spain the only 2 that spring to mind. England, France, Belgium, Italy and a few more of the fancied nations have to massively improve.

International tournaments are often won by teams that don’t impress at all in the group stage. Don’t be surprised if this one is won by a team that has been completely underwhelming so far.

6 hours ago, Leicesterpool said:

Bore game coming I fear again, imagine going out Sunday to Slovakia. Southgate honesty may have to emigrate to Australia for his own safety, the tournament and performances in general but losing to lowly Slovakia, wow never mind beer cups being lobbed out at him could end up being tomato's at Stansted.  

We’re not going to lose on Sunday.

Edited by ClaphamFox

6 hours ago, Jon the Hat said:

So the only balanced midfield we have played is with Mainoo, Rice and Bellingham and everyone wants to ditch Mainoo and try something else?  Mental.

Yep, Mainoo surely has to start after his cameo. He looked like he could domposed and could move the ball forward.

For me there's a question mark over Rice. I thought he was our defensive midfielder but in the game now they need to be able to progress the ball.  I didn't watch the Premier League last season but apparently he failed in that position for Arsenal and was shifted to an 8, playing box to box. If he's going to do that for England, I'd prefer Bellingham in that position, shifting Foden to 10 where he's most effective.

Whilst Bellingham has had a great season at 10 for Real, he'll play deeper next season. He's more of a goal-scoring 10 than creative, getting into the box onto balls.   He's clearly an all-round midfielder, most effective all over midfield not stuck up at 10.

With Foden at 10, you can then play a more effective wide man on the left.

Then we just need to find a left back!:dunno:

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

Romania, Ukraina, Slovakia were good , at least they gave their best with upmost and I thank you them  , they deserve regards.

Football World ZM  · 

Follow
2 d  · 

🚨🚨|| How much are managers getting paid in international football?
|By David Skilling|
Here is a comprehensive list of the wages for every Euro 2024 manager, based on the available data:
1. Gareth Southgate (England) - £4.9 million
2. Julian Nagelsmann (Germany) - £4 million
3. Roberto Martinez (Portugal) - £3.4 million
4. Didier Deschamps (France) - £3.2 million
5. Ronald Koeman (Netherlands) - £2.5 million
6. Luciano Spalletti (Italy) - £2.5 million
7. Vincenzo Montella (Turkey) - £1.5 million
8. Murat Yakin (Switzerland) - £1.4 million
9. Ralf Rangnick (Austria) - £1.3 million
10. Domenico Tedesco (Belgium) - £1.3 million
11. Zlatko Dalic (Croatia) - £1.3 million
12. Dragan Stojkovic (Serbia) - £1.2 million
13. Luis de la Fuente (Spain) - £1 million
14. Serhiy Rebrov (Ukraine) - £1 million
15. Kasper Hjulmand (Denmark) - £970,000
16. Sylvinho (Albania) - £632,000
17. Michal Probierz (Poland) - £472,000
18. Steve Clarke (Scotland) - £464,000
19. Francesco Calzona (Slovakia) - £455,000
18. Steve Clarke (Scotland) - £484,000
20. Marco Rossi (Hungary) - £253,000
21. Matjaz Kek (Slovenia) - £253,000
22. Ivan Hasek (Czech Republic) - £210,000
23. Edward Iordanescu (Romania) - £202,000
24. Willy Sagnol (Georgia) - £168,000
The EURO's isn't the only competition underway at the moment, how does the Copa America compare?
Copa America 2024 Managers' Wages:
1. Marcelo Bielsa (Uruguay) - $4 million
2. Dorival Junior (Brazil) - $4 million
3. Ricardo Gareca (Chile) - $3.7 million
4. Daniel Garnero (Paraguay) - $3 million
5. Fernando Batista (Venezuela) - $3 million
6. Lionel Scaloni (Argentina) - $2.6 million
7. Gregg Berhalter (USA) - $2.2 million
As you can see, managers of national teams can earn good salaries, however, the scale from top to bottom is quite significant. It's not a bad living for a role that is far less intense than daily management of a club, however, if they underperform, they get a whole country on their back, so there's that to deal with.
Note: these are the salaries they get in total for the whole year

37 minutes ago, davieG said:

Football World ZM  · 

Follow
2 d  · 

🚨🚨|| How much are managers getting paid in international football?
|By David Skilling|
Here is a comprehensive list of the wages for every Euro 2024 manager, based on the available data:
1. Gareth Southgate (England) - £4.9 million
2. Julian Nagelsmann (Germany) - £4 million
3. Roberto Martinez (Portugal) - £3.4 million
4. Didier Deschamps (France) - £3.2 million
5. Ronald Koeman (Netherlands) - £2.5 million
6. Luciano Spalletti (Italy) - £2.5 million
7. Vincenzo Montella (Turkey) - £1.5 million
8. Murat Yakin (Switzerland) - £1.4 million
9. Ralf Rangnick (Austria) - £1.3 million
10. Domenico Tedesco (Belgium) - £1.3 million
11. Zlatko Dalic (Croatia) - £1.3 million
12. Dragan Stojkovic (Serbia) - £1.2 million
13. Luis de la Fuente (Spain) - £1 million
14. Serhiy Rebrov (Ukraine) - £1 million
15. Kasper Hjulmand (Denmark) - £970,000
16. Sylvinho (Albania) - £632,000
17. Michal Probierz (Poland) - £472,000
18. Steve Clarke (Scotland) - £464,000
18. Steve Clarke (Scotland) - £484,000
20. Marco Rossi (Hungary) - £253,000
21. Matjaz Kek (Slovenia) - £253,000
22. Ivan Hasek (Czech Republic) - £210,000
23. Edward Iordanescu (Romania) - £202,000
24. Willy Sagnol (Georgia) - £168,000
The EURO's isn't the only competition underway at the moment, how does the Copa America compare?
Copa America 2024 Managers' Wages:
1. Marcelo Bielsa (Uruguay) - $4 million
2. Dorival Junior (Brazil) - $4 million
3. Ricardo Gareca (Chile) - $3.7 million
4. Daniel Garnero (Paraguay) - $3 million
5. Fernando Batista (Venezuela) - $3 million
6. Lionel Scaloni (Argentina) - $2.6 million
7. Gregg Berhalter (USA) - $2.2 million
As you can see, managers of national teams can earn good salaries, however, the scale from top to bottom is quite significant. It's not a bad living for a role that is far less intense than daily management of a club, however, if they underperform, they get a whole country on their back, so there's that to deal with.
Note: these are the salaries they get in total for the whole year

Why are we paying southgate 4.9m! Absolutely insane 

On 27/06/2024 at 22:42, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

Agreed.  3 qualifying from some groups is a joke.  

But it's a money making exercise by uefa.  More games more money.  

I always used to say it was probably tougher to win the euros than the world cup in the days of 8 and 16 teams as every team would be quality.  The more teams there are the more meaningless games there are and it's plausible you could get an "easy ride" right through to the semis.  

But most importantly for the tournament is only 2 teams from each group should qualify.  Either go back to 16 teams or increase to 32.  I'd prefer 16 but it won't happen 

GS is going to claim that he chose the team, the formation and the tactics to be sure England got through the group stage as the top team.

I actually think that's his approach.

Qualify for the knockouts in first place, albeit with boring and lacklustre, but safe performances.

I expect that now, in the next phase we'll see a different style of play. More attacking, front footed and quicker with a higher press.

I'm no fan of GS but I do feel, having watched previous internationals, that is how he manages the team's progression.

I think Sunday's game will be quite different to the last 3 group games.

I hope... 

4 hours ago, Parafox said:

GS is going to claim that he chose the team, the formation and the tactics to be sure England got through the group stage as the top team.

Qualify for the knockouts in first place, albeit with boring and lacklustre, but safe performances.

I expect that now, in the next phase we'll see a different style of play. More attacking, front footed and quicker with a higher press.

I'm no fan of GS but I do feel, having watched previous internationals, that is how he manages the team's progression.

I hope... 

it’s the hope that kills us

4 hours ago, Parafox said:

I hope... 

Despite it being a knock-out game, I think Slovakia will defend deep and try to frustrate us, so the challenge won’t be much different to the one we faced in the group stage. Hopefully Southgate has a better solution up his sleeve. 

• Like 1