Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CrazyKopCorner

England Vs Slovakia - 5pm Kick Off Sunday 30th June 2024

Saka being thick. What a silly interview to say him playing left back is not the solution. 

We currently have no fit left backs and he has experience playing there 

Theres defo something a bit rotten around the squad at the moment 

Edited by CosbehFox
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

Saka being thick. What a silly interview to say him playing left back is not the solution. 

We currently have no fit left backs and he has experience playing there 

Theres defo something a bit rotten around the squad at the moment 

Alternatively, he knows full well that Southgate has no plans to play him there and is backing his manager’s decision up. You can be sure that if Southgate was planning to use him there, he’d be saying, “I’ve played there before and am

happy to play wherever I’m needed” or words to that effect. He was just publicly endorsing Southgate’s decision - I’m not sure that’s evidence of ‘something rotten’ in the squad. 

• Like 1

On 27/06/2024 at 17:21, Fear Of The Fox said:

I don't think Foden is starting on Sunday? He'll be back either Saturday or Sunday morning. A player that has missed pre match preparation and training shouldn't be in the squad. 

He should be dropped anyway because he has been playing crap as has Saka 

Really think going 3-4-3 or 3-4-1-2 would be the best solution for us.

Pickford 

Walker

Stones

Guehi

Alexander-Arnold

Rice

Bellingham

Saka

Palmer

Kane

Gordon

Or drop Gordon and stick Watkins in with Palmer or Foden behind the pair.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ely fox said:

He should be dropped anyway because he has been playing crap as has Saka 

Disagree. I think Foden has looked much sharper than any of the other attacking four - not exactly a high bar to clear I know, but still….

I’d replace Saka with Palmer, play Foden at number 10 and have Gordon on the left, but Southgate won’t do that. The only change to the starting 11 will be Mainoo for Gallagher. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ClaphamFox said:

Disagree. I think Foden has looked much sharper than any of the other attacking four - not exactly a high bar to clear I know, but still….

I’d replace Saka with Palmer, play Foden at number 10 and have Gordon on the left, but Southgate won’t do that. The only change to the starting 11 will be Mainoo for Gallagher. 

You are so right !! Southgate IS a complete dunce. Can’t wait for him to go now, he is absolutely stinking the place out !!

I get it that most on here are anti GS and probably have been for some time. He isn't exactly my cup of tea either. 

Obviously everyone's entitled to an opinion, but why bother watching England & investing the time, when it only seems to annoy so many ?

I know we aren't great but l really wouldn't bother if it gave me such negative vibes or angst. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, STEVIE B said:

I get it that most on here are anti GS and probably have been for some time. He isn't exactly my cup of tea either. 

Obviously everyone's entitled to an opinion, but why bother watching England & investing the time, when it only seems to annoy so many ?

I know we aren't great but l really wouldn't bother if it gave me such negative vibes or angst. 

Because this is football. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, STEVIE B said:

... because if complaining and negativity were an Olympic event, England/Team GB would win the gold medal at a canter, and then complain about the height of the podium and the shape of the medal.

Masochism appears to be inbuilt into our psyche.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Fear Of The Fox said:

Because this is football. 

You don't think it's the 'Club before country' narrative that is so vogue ? 

Let's face it, most would blame any England manager if they left their fridge door open & the milk turned sour. 

2 minutes ago, STEVIE B said:

You don't think it's the 'Club before country' narrative that is so vogue ? 

Let's face it, most would blame any England manager if they left their fridge door open & the milk turned sour. 

I honestly don't think this is the case. Almost everyone would have been supportive if the manager and the players showed some passion and decency. I've already said it's not only Southgate's fault. The whole team is full of toxicity and they only care to respond to any constructive criticism with bizarre statements through the media. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Fear Of The Fox said:

I honestly don't think this is the case. Almost everyone would have been supportive if the manager and the players showed some passion and decency. I've already said it's not only Southgate's fault. The whole team is full of toxicity and they only care to respond to any constructive criticism with bizarre statements through the media. 

I think that historical England campaigns and the historical reaction of fans and media throughout them cast doubt on this tbh, unless a lot of them have had the same issues with manager and players, which is possible I guess.

4 minutes ago, Fear Of The Fox said:

Good post that..

On 27/06/2024 at 14:26, KingsX said:

What does it matter which guy plays where, or anything else your godawful coach does?  You are playing world #45 Slovakia.

Portugal, France and Belgium are in one quadrant of the bracket, so only one can even make it to the semis -- to match up against Spain.

Meanwhile your path of greatest resistance to the final would be Italy (a declining #10) and the Netherlands (#7).  A cakewalk to the semis, where a very good (not great) opponent will await.

Looking forward to your media playing up this continuation of the most unwatchable underachievement in tournament footballing history as "an historic run" by the great Three Lions.  And to some of you getting caught up in it because, well, you're English.

disgust.JPG.e28c458f71e712f7abfa29938b0d50ac.JPG

This isn't the Guardian you know. 

• Haha 1

On 27/06/2024 at 14:26, KingsX said:

What does it matter which guy plays where, or anything else your godawful coach does?  You are playing world #45 Slovakia.

Portugal, France and Belgium are in one quadrant of the bracket, so only one can even make it to the semis -- to match up against Spain.

Meanwhile your path of greatest resistance to the final would be Italy (a declining #10) and the Netherlands (#7).  A cakewalk to the semis, where a very good (not great) opponent will await.

Looking forward to your media playing up this continuation of the most unwatchable underachievement in tournament footballing history as "an historic run" by the great Three Lions.  And to some of you getting caught up in it because, well, you're English.

disgust.JPG.e28c458f71e712f7abfa29938b0d50ac.JPG

You post as if this lot don't already know all this.

Kind of why only a tournament win will be considered a success, rightly so considering the draw and talent at their disposal.

• Like 1