Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CrazyKopCorner

England Vs Slovakia - 5pm Kick Off Sunday 30th June 2024

41 minutes ago, Raj said:

2- 0 England against a nation who's number 1 sport is ice hockey!!!

We lost 1-0 to a nation which has as number one sport handball (Iceland). We managed to get a draw against a nation committed 98% to skiing and basketball (Slovenia). We're improving. Bring on the Slovakia Bruins. 

• Haha 3

Absolutely dreading this, although talk from the camp sounds positive... Southgate will 100% set up to not lose and go with virtually the same players he has used all tournament (with exception of Foden who has gone home) and thats fine as long as we win.

But watching The Swiss play tonight, he has to have watched that match and know that we really need to have plan B in later games. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Suzie the Fox said:

Absolutely dreading this, although talk from the camp sounds positive... Southgate will 100% set up to not lose and go with virtually the same players he has used all tournament (with exception of Foden who has gone home) and thats fine as long as we win.

But watching The Swiss play tonight, he has to have watched that match and know that we really need to have plan B in later games. 

The team will apparently be the same as Tuesday but with Mainoo instead of Gallagher. Foden only left the squad for a day and was back on Thursday night. It’s a shame Palmer won’t be starting as we looked a lot better after he came on against Slovenia, but we’ll likely see him at some point in the second half - hopefully not when we’re 1-0 down facing an ultra-low block and desperate for inspiration…

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Unabomber said:

As long as he plays Gordon left, Foden centre and Palmer right then it’s all good 

I'm afraid life is full of disappointments and this will be one of them. 

Gordon and Palmer won't start and Foden will be out of position on the left - It's the Southgate way - sorting problems that aren't there  

He's possibly the most confused manager I've ever known 

• Like 1

1-0 Kane pen to just claw us through. Dont expect anything better based on this squad at present.

Imagine 90 minutes away from potentially Southgate era coming to an end... so a win win today 😆

Edited by Leicesterpool
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Raj said:

2- 0 England against a nation who's number 1 sport is ice hockey!!!

I mean we have got a new ice arena in Cambridge but I wouldn’t say it is our number one sport. I’d say that football ️ and cricket 🏏 were much more popular here. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Super_horns said:

England to scrape through 1-0.

Heard a clip last night on the TV.

You’d think we were playing Spain not Slovakia the way Southgate talked about them.

Southgate just loves to big up the opposition. I think he does this to try and dampen down expectations in case we lose against a poor international team. 

2 hours ago, Samilktray said:

It’s going to be 4-1 to England and a lovely hangover for work on Monday morning 

What are you planning on drinking out of interest? I was only gonna have two large bottles of beer because of work tommorow morning.

Edited by Ely fox

12 minutes ago, Ely fox said:

What are you planning on drinking out of interest? I was only gonna have two large bottles of beer because of work tommorow morning.

5 pints and then another 5 pints when we score our 4th 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Super_horns said:

England to scrape through 1-0.

Heard a clip last night on the TV.

You’d think we were playing Spain not Slovakia the way Southgate talked about them.

Yes he's almost complete devoid of any oomph. 

He also always looks as though he's trying to work out a rubiks cube at the same time of his pre match press conferences - completely and utterly confused with the set of circumstances which have beset his under siege squad. 

He's a complete and utter buffoon in my book 

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Ely fox said:

I’ll be reaching for a pint of bleach within the first 10 minutes I’d imagine.

• Haha 2