Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CrazyKopCorner

England Vs Slovakia - 5pm Kick Off Sunday 30th June 2024

6 hours ago, Zear0 said:

My extensive knowledge of Roger's profanisaurus gives the word "chocolatier" in your post such depth...

Finally...we know what he was writing...
Brendan's Notepad (@BrendansNotepad) / X

Did you see those england fans leaving early and being told england had scored?  Leicester fans?

Imagine going all that way, paying all that money and then leaving a few minutes early...doesn't make any sense.

I wonder if they'd do it again?

21 minutes ago, purpleronnie said:

Did you see those england fans leaving early and being told england had scored?  Leicester fans?

Imagine going all that way, paying all that money and then leaving a few minutes early...doesn't make any sense.

I wonder if they'd do it again?

I guess they were one of the poor sods who took 6 hours to get out of Schalke after the Serbia game.

16 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

I guess they were one of the poor sods who took 6 hours to get out of Schalke after the Serbia game.

so be it, given the circumstances I wouldn't care....i guess some do, and paid the price.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

We really were awful. Being saved by a great goal from a long throw in the last minute is not success. There were no signs previous to that that we were going to equalise. Obviously I’m happy we are through but it’s papered over so many cracks. The performance was awful. The tactics were awful and the in game management was terrible. Sadly, because we won, he’ll just carry on regardless. 

Totally agree. It could be a damaging victory knowing the FA's acceptance of mediocrity 

• Like 1

So annoying to hear the manager and players so out of touch with everyone else. I get they need to be positive but no-one has admitted how lucky they are and that performances haven't been good enough.

Southgate has even tried to claim a last minute long throw was a tactical win lol 

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, ozleicester said:

95 minutes to get your first shot on target against the 47th rated team in the wrld lol

yeah but they got through and are in the quarters!

Greece and Portugal won like this and so can England just like they did...erm 58 years ago :rolleyes: because they have that winning mentality!

Edited by Raj
  • Like 1

I'm so done with managers who seem to refuse to take risks; it's like any sort of attacking intent or gamble in terms of changes has to be dragged, kicking and screaming, out of Southgate. 

1 minute ago, Babylon said:

I'm so done with managers who seem to refuse to take risks; it's like any sort of attacking intent or gamble in terms of changes has to be dragged, kicking and screaming, out of Southgate. 

He just hasn't got it in him. 

He's so far out of his depth it's almost cruel - He's the FA's Mike Basset England Manager 

I'd like to see Management / Coach substitutes during the game so we can get him the hell out of there 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, filbertway said:

All you want to see if your team performing as close to the best of it's ability as possible, we get absolutely nowhere near that under Southgate, yet inevitably win more than we lose because of the talent available.

It's like watching us the season before we got relegated. Absolutely dire pretty much every game, but scraped through over and over again thanks to just have a few players with a real level of quality, and absolutely nothing to do with the manager in charge. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Super_horns said:

Even Saka was cutting inside and Walker hardly got down the width like he does for MC.

They must be told to play like that ?

22 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

It's properly noticeable how unadventurous the full backs are.

Saka hasn't been great but he barely ever has options in the middle of the opponent's half. I don't think Foden would be as bad as he has been either if Trippier got forward a bit more, either.

It has to be tactical. There's no other explanation. Southgate believes that our best chance lies in a cautious approach that is aimed primarily at not conceding and which relies on one of his favoured players to conjure up a moment of magic, hence his unwillingness to change things when we're clearly struggling. In the end it worked last night, but it's unlikely we'll be that fortunate again against Switzerland.

Their reaction to this game sums up why I've no love at all for this England side and that their exit will be pretty soon. They won't change it up against Switzerland who actually look a pretty good side this time around. It's more protectionism, on the defensive, victim mentality. Would be an utter travesty to see this sort of shit prevail. Awful mindset, awful on the pitch. To gob off after serving that up against Slovakia. ****ing hell find some shame. Fans will reign in the criticism when we win a trophy - which even with Southgate's luck you won't pull off playing this badly.

The Bellingham goal especially, then ensuing Kane goal is the sort of thing that could serve as a real gamechanger in a tournament. But I think the ensuing half an hour where we again lost our nerve and sat back against a side who would've crumbled, and rhetoric from the game tells me the Switzerland one will be no different. Without a change in course or a freak like that Bellingham overhead kick we're heading for a pretty comfortable defeat I think, and I can't say I'll shed any tears.

One thing I noticed was that almost every time they got the ball, the trapped it first and then passed it.  No one-touch football.  Always give the defence time to react.  Even when they beat the man and get to the byline, it's "don't cross it now, we might lose the ball, come back inside and wait for a better chance".