Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stripeyfox

Football Manager 2025

Some new info on the forthcoming FM25

- Premier League licenses

- Touchline shouts are gone

- Womens football included in one ecosystem along with mens

- New UI

- Inbox replaced with Portal

Worth tempering expectations I think as it's the graphics engine rather than the match engine that's getting the overhaul i.e. it ought to look better on Unity whereas the underlying simulation probably won't be all that different. As with pretty much every social interaction in the game I did always feel the way shouts worked was pretty stupid.

57 minutes ago, Guest said:

Worth tempering expectations I think as it's the graphics engine rather than the match engine that's getting the overhaul i.e. it ought to look better on Unity whereas the underlying simulation probably won't be all that different. As with pretty much every social interaction in the game I did always feel the way shouts worked was pretty stupid.

All they've really ever done is tweak the graphics, adding new animations etc. (this was confirmed by the chap on here who used to work for SI) but the core engine introduced in 2008 is basically the same. 

Nobody's expecting a true-to-life simulation, but it's a bit mad that they're still relying on 15+ years old tech. It felt dated in 2018 when I stopped playing the game. 

I played far too much CM/FM since 1997, and over the years it felt like SI slowly became one of "those" devs who thinks it's acceptable to charge full price for a roster update and a reskin with little to no long-term feature development. 

Edited by RoboFox

• 2 months later...
4 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

What an odd feature to remove. 

They must have some pretty damning stats on the number of people that take up international management jobs for them to remove it. Surely it doesn't take up much developer time to include it?

4 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

They must have some pretty damning stats on the number of people that take up international management jobs for them to remove it. Surely it doesn't take up much developer time to include it?

Yeah Miles has talked a lot in the last 24 months about user data and trimming features that aren't used much so they can put more resources in to overhauling the rest of the game. 

I don't doubt not many people manage nations. 

I just can't imagine it's much development? It's just managing a team with a couple small mechanical changes that they copy paste every year. 

2 minutes ago, Stadt said:

They're removing weight from the game because of the addition of the women's game. It's bizarre.

What's funny about that is that arguably international football is a bigger deal (comparatively) in women's football. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Finnegan said:

What's funny about that is that arguably international football is a bigger deal (comparatively) in women's football. 

And if they justify axing things on player count then the women's game is surely only going to follow suit in the long run? Except I doubt it because it becomes a big own goal.

21 hours ago, Stadt said:

They're removing weight from the game because of the addition of the women's game. It's bizarre.

I imagine it is because with women’s weight fluctuating quite often they would need to programme that in somehow

Weight doesn’t do anything in the game anyway so easier to just take it out

4 hours ago, moore_94 said:

I imagine it is because with women’s weight fluctuating quite often they would need to programme that in somehow

Weight doesn’t do anything in the game anyway so easier to just take it out

A static weight would be fine. If it’s that much of an issue take it out of the women’s game and leave it in the men’s.

Weight is still a factor under the hood. 

37 minutes ago, Stadt said:

A static weight would be fine. If it’s that much of an issue take it out of the women’s game and leave it in the men’s.

Weight is still a factor under the hood. 

I don’t think it makes any actual difference to the game at all does it? It would be the strength stat that is a factor

I believe it is the same with a players height and jumping reach - it is only the jumping reach stat that is a factor in the match engine, height doesn’t do anything

15 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

I don’t think it makes any actual difference to the game at all does it? It would be the strength stat that is a factor

I believe it is the same with a players height and jumping reach - it is only the jumping reach stat that is a factor in the match engine, height doesn’t do anything

Height and jumping reach work in tandem. Weight is used for the player model in game.

11 minutes ago, Stadt said:

Height and jumping reach work in tandem. Weight is used for the player model in game.

The weight may be used for the player model but it doesn’t impact the game engine - that would be strength

2 players with completely different heights but the same jumping reach can jump the same height

Also nearly half the players in the game don’t have a set weight, and for the rest it will be an educated guess

Edited by moore_94

Just now, moore_94 said:

The weight may be used for the player model but it doesn’t impact the game engine - that would be strength

2 players with completely different heights but the same jumping reach can jump the same height

https://community.sports-interactive.com/forums/topic/542923-height-vs-jumping-reach/

The quoted post from HUNT3R the mod confirms that height and jumping reach are different.

Oh shit lol

When @Stadt said removing weight from the game I thought he meant stripping features and bloat from Football Manager to accommodate new features. Not literally removing weight as a stat for players lol

My reply must have seemed odd. 

Weight is pretty redundant in FM though tbf. 

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Oh shit lol

When @Stadt said removing weight from the game I thought he meant stripping features and bloat from Football Manager to accommodate new features. Not literally removing weight as a stat for players lol

My reply must have seemed odd. 

Weight is pretty redundant in FM though tbf. 

It gives an idea of a player though, if you have a 6’3, 73KG player it gives more contextual depth than if he was just 6’3.